Demoralized

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

I called this way back when I suspected the 4/5/4/5 pattern was going to stick. I’m playing twice as much to make less progress. That sucks. Today’s news that they moved the final CP reward from 1K (which I get 100% of the time) to 1200 (which I probably get 30% of the time) in PVP just infuriated me to no end. It’s bad enough they are making it harder to cover 5s, they are now moving the goalposts with regards to getting the resources to cover them.

My main drive in this game is in fact to cover them all. New characters are where I get enjoyment. Even the **** ones. See my 5* guide or frequent contributions to the fun teams thread. Once I can no longer keep up, I’m out. Simple as that. I have a pretty decent, albeit shrinking hoard (a bit over 200 pulls) built up. So they’ve got me for now and probably awhile. Once the juice runs out, I’m not spending. I’m just done. They demanded that I change how I play. I am doing that. I’m spending way longer in 10. If that isn’t enough for me to keep up with my goals, I’m not going to give this company (that shows us such little respect) a dime more.

And lol at players not having the gall to leave. Many many have. Some I was really sad to see go.

@HoundofShadow said:
    If players expect the dev to do things their way and continue to spend 1.99 or 2.99 just to make them happy, realistically, I don't think they mind losing this kind of customers.

I think Hound is 100% right on this one. The developers don’t care whether a large part of their player base stays of goes. Only those that pay big sums of money or those that don’t voice any concerns or complaints about the game. Those are the customers that matter. And it’s truly sad.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@Tony_Foot said:

@Dogface said:
    I wonder who will be first to actually quit. I read a lot in the line of getting near the point of exiting, but no one seems to want to pull the trigger.

Won’t happen, same people over and over. “This might be what pushes me away” it was something else last week. That didn’t do it either. Though I do feel sad for those that want the servers to shut so they can finally stop playing. That’s an awful admission. I guess these games are fuelled of a particular type of personality and they just cannot accept not having it all.

Except that it is happening a lot and has been for awhile. Why do you think brackets and flips keep shrinking? While whales are the financial backbone for the game, eventually losing too many players overall will also end the game.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@Tony_Foot said:

@Dogface said:
    I wonder who will be first to actually quit. I read a lot in the line of getting near the point of exiting, but no one seems to want to pull the trigger.

Won’t happen, same people over and over. “This might be what pushes me away” it was something else last week. That didn’t do it either. Though I do feel sad for those that want the servers to shut so they can finally stop playing. That’s an awful admission. I guess these games are fuelled of a particular type of personality and they just cannot accept not having it all.

I'm just not a fan of the direction the game has been going in. It's a very anti consumer in its current state. The Devs have implemented a lot of changes with nothing really of value that helps the playerbase. If you don't voice your opinion, then nothing will change. Sure, I'm getting to the point of quitting. I only play 20 ish mins a day down from an hour or 2 here or there. When I quit, I will just disappear.

I use to spend money on the game here and there, but that has ended. Hell, I was always buying the VIP access every month, and now I haven't in about 4 months.

If enough players do that, maybe they will get the hint . Right now the devs seem to be in a holding pattern of character releases with minimal communications.

The game needs something to jazz it up. Shards wasn't it ( gotta love watching that bar slowly grow on a 5 star). They shouldnt be afraid to let you roster characters. The more characters I have at my disposal the more I will play, and the more I will spend ( slots for example)

Unfortunately the only thing they recently did, sneakily, was increase the reward cost in SCL10 PVP.

• Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker

Another way to respond is to write honest reviews on the app stores each time there is an update.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@Dogface said:

There are definitely people who quit. Just look at some of the older guides over at the guides page to see the names of some vets who did, in fact, step away from the game.

but more to the point, one only has to look at the player numbers (e.g. pve bracket populations across all slices) to see that the game is struggling to bring in new players. It's likely true that not all that many people with outright quit over any one decision. But it is probably also true that MPQ cannot easily afford to lose any of the kinds of players who are getting upset here (and elsewhere) about changes to the game.

Indeed there are plenty from my alliance family who have quit. But they are not the people I’m talking about here. I’m talking about the daily vocal ones where everything is the final straw until the next day when the next thing is the final straw.

Or the ones that constantly post snarky comments every new release, like we haven’t had two releases per month forever. If by now you still can’t understand and deal with a four star per month move on. This won’t ever make you happy.

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

The latest changes to PvP have been a low blow and completely unexpected. This just makes scl10 a complete DISASTER nothing good has come out of it.

I am in the same situation as @Daredevil217 with a stash of 200+ pulls and if I keep playing this game is to be able to cover 5s. When I finally open it, it will most probably be the end for me, as there is no way I can keep up now.

I stopped spending a while ago, not even VIP and with this clear hostility against their player base there is no way in hell I am going to spend money in the game again. Like, people complaining about time requirements in scl10 and then what do they do? They force people to play more time in PvP too! ****! What a way of listening to your players.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Once Sinister drops out of Latest, and we're full on in the 5/4/5/4 schedule with a batch of 5*s i don't have covered, will be the real test of what it's going to be like for me pulling as I go, strictly out of Latest like I've been doing since Fi5k came out. Only a few times have I made it to the 18cp in PVP, i generally just go PVE to progression and PVP to as far as I can get on points, generally 900, but lately more like 700 due to time constraints. It wasn't 100% reliable - I'd occasionally get some close to 13 before they dropped out, or because I didn't have patience to wait after covering the oldest I'd stack a few champ levels on some (I had an entire Mr Sinister worth of champ levels on Profe$$or X), so I could have been much better about it.

Now I've been saving my pulls once the oldest character is covered, but still it's only like 30-40 pulls at best when the new one shows up. I think it'll feel pretty demoralizing to me to go back to watching characters drop into classic at 6-7 covers again...

• Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 82 Match Maker

@Dogface said:

Over the past 3 days i've only done the Deadpool daily, does that count?

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

Truthfully it should have never been a thing where you cover all the 5's as they drop. Unless you spending to do it I guess..

However they did give us more ways to cover 5's now, but they also seem to be dropping more 5's. Which means they need to either provide more ways or better way's to cover Classic 5's or improve the rate just a bit on LT 5's.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

@Ugh said:

@Dogface said:

Over the past 3 days i've only done the Deadpool daily, does that count?

This is me. I left my alliance as I didn't want to play to their minimum. Went from full PVE/PVP playing to just doing Deadpool Daily the last three days.

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    The T20 aliances should get together and pick an event where nobody plays.

surely there‘ll be an event with 5* wasp shards and Northstar plus Dazzler covers, that‘ll be ideal so all players can get aboard.

There are three ways to get the developers (or rather, the publisher, who’s
    much more important to get attention from) to react:

- Bad android/ios store ratings

- Reduced spending

- Players not playing

we have learnt by now, any sort of asking for communication never yields feedback. You all (inclusing myself) do know the definition of insanity, right.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:
    The T20 aliances should get together and pick an event where nobody plays.

surely there‘ll be an event with 5* wasp shards and Northstar plus Dazzler covers, that‘ll be ideal so all players can get aboard.

There are three ways to get the developers (or rather, the publisher, who’s
    much more important to get attention from) to react:

- Bad android/ios store ratings

- Reduced spending

- Players not playing

we have learnt by now, any sort of asking for communication never yields feedback. You all (inclusing myself) do know the definition of insanity, right.
    I hate to break it to you, but if 400 players stopped playing PVE for some reason (although they'd probably still play PVP, but let's assume they did both) then the next 400 down among the 18K or so players in SCLs 9 & 10 would just place better than usual and the devs would probably not even really notice.

You know why everyone got up in arms about Shardpocalypse?  Every person who had a developed roster had an expectation that they would be rewarded things based on what they had already achieved (a Cyclops at L340 or whatever) and when they were told "nope, not getting that" it felt profoundly unfair.

Anyway nothing they are doing lately is quite to that level.  Even the (apparently) new PVP reward requirements were adjusting future events as they rolled in. Nothing can be truly pointed to as "unfair".  SCL10 requires lots of playtime?  I suppose that makes sense, since you get half a 5 in there.  Faster 5* release schedule?  Well, ok....they are giving us half a 5 every few days.......

However, with SCL10 and the relentless release schedule I think the devs have introduced a system which is leading to a lot of burned-out vets due to the higher play requirements.

Maybe I'm wrong....however, it seems like I'm hearing about a lot of retirements lately in various places (including my alliance family).  Maybe some of those people took your last line to heart and realized that nothing was going to really change (wise people) and are cutting the ties that have bound them.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I have a different opinion, more positive.
    A few changes have been made to the game for the better!

Shards, bonus shards and SCL10 make me enjoying the game better. I am a modest player with rl, so sometimes I don’t have the time to complete 40-50% of PVE, which is needed for the lvl 4 cover at SCL9. I am at day 1227 with S.H.E.L.D. rank 126.
    Since the introduction of SCL10 it is much quicker to get a reward, although the team does not always survive PVE 550+. 

My core team (and ♥️)  is 5* Kitty lvl 450, 4* Jugs lvl280, 4* R4G lvl288. 
    Using 3* Magneto as shard feeder for 4* Juggs to get lvl quickly. 
    Ofcourse I spend a few hundred Euros in this game to get my Kitty/Juggs/R4G team. But all other HP and money was used to obtain 200 char roster.

I am addicted to the Pokémon effect. I must have each character: 1️⃣first 1 cover, 2️⃣ then 3 different covers, 3️⃣ finally all champions. This will take a few more years....😜

The high 4* character release rate is annoying, but can be managed.
    For five star I have a simple strategy. Only go for goal 1️⃣. 
    Latest Legend Vault: LT drawing until a 5* has been drawn and then ✋.
    Tomorrow you might be lucky 🍀 again.

New 5* Release 1:250 or 1:167 draw rate 😆 😂. Don’t use those vaults.
    wait for a new Latest Legend Vault: then LT drawing until a 5* has been drawn and then ✋

ENJOY MPQ!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is an update from my hoard.  I pulled 381 times when IHulk went into packs.  Now that strange sights is over I currently have 1550 CP and 48 LT for a total of 110 pulls.  Now a huge chunk of that was from champ rewards from my initial pull.  I am still in great position to hoard till Havok leaves LT and be able to champion Yelena and the next 5*.

overall I understand the OP feeling demoralized with new release 5* and how quickly they are being released.  I do feel it is till possible to cover each 5* and I do wish they would go to a release schedule of every 3 weeks instead of 2.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    wymtime said:
    Here is an update from my hoard.  I pulled 381 times when IHulk went into packs.  Now that strange sights is over I currently have 1550 CP and 48 LT for a total of 110 pulls.  Now a huge chunk of that was from champ rewards from my initial pull.  I am still in great position to hoard till Havok leaves LT and be able to champion Yelena and the next 5*.

overall I understand the OP feeling demoralized with new release 5* and how quickly they are being released.  I do feel it is till possible to cover each 5* and I do wish they would go to a release schedule of every 3 weeks instead of 2.
    I think the debate is less about whether it is actually possible, and more about the level of play required to do it.  Hypothetically, if you have to grind top 10 in cl10 pve and pvp (and be in a top alliance too) to keep pace with the 5* schedule, then: (1) that takes a huge time commitment, something like 20-30 hours per week on an inflexible schedule; and (2) there is a pretty hard cap on the number of people that could possibly achieve that level of reward because there just aren't enough slices/slots to go 'round. So the fact that it can be done is little comfort to just about all players.

Just speculating based on my own experience in cl10 so far, I think the actual level is something like reliably being in the top 50-100 range, but even that is a very high bar. And the price of falling behind is very high, as there are very few ways to reliably cover a classic 5* unless you have 8-10 covers by the time they leave the latest pool.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fwiw, I play pve to progression in CL10, was playing pvp to 1000 (usually in CL9), don't spend and I currently have Sinister at 4/6/2, havok at 1/4/1 and Hulk at 2/1/0, all from pulling as I go. 
    In theory, I should be able to cover them while in latest at the 4 week release rate, but it's back to being at the whims of RNGesus.
    Is also a bit dependant on the pvp cp as well, as 1200 normally takes more hours and time for me, and CL10 has taken time away from pvp (the only reason I played any of shield sim is because dp vs mpq is 48hr, so I could ignore it this morning and run from 100 to 1600 instead). If I lose that, I probably lose champing then in latest, which will demoralise me. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:

I think the debate is less about whether it is actually possible, and more about the level of play required to do it.  Hypothetically, if you have to grind top 10 in cl10 pve and pvp (and be in a top alliance too) to keep pace with the 5* schedule, then: (1) that takes a huge time commitment, something like 20-30 hours per week on an inflexible schedule; and (2) there is a pretty hard cap on the number of people that could possibly achieve that level of reward because there just aren't enough slices/slots to go 'round. So the fact that it can be done is little comfort to just about all players.

Just speculating based on my own experience in cl10 so far, I think the actual level is something like reliably being in the top 50-100 range, but even that is a very high bar. And the price of falling behind is very high, as there are very few ways to reliably cover a classic 5* unless you have 8-10 covers by the time they leave the latest pool.
    So I am typically top 20 to top 50 in PVE and top 25 or top 50 in PVP depending on how high PVP goes.  

For time played I think CL10 PVE in general is the killer for time played.  In order to do place in CL10 it is 2 hours + per day and they have to be in a row.  CL9 is more like 1 hour and 15 min to play which is not as bad if you want to place in an event.  I also know players who can play CL9 PVE and place and have play time be under 1 hr.

my post was to also show how quickly you can accumulate LT pulls within the game.  Another example is with season end and PVE/PVP end I added another 7 pulls.  I was 178th for the season and top 50 for PVP so I am not a player going for 2k points per PVP event.

Lastly I was focusing on Latest not classics.  For the players who want to pull from classics and cover them I do not see a way to reliable cover them other than having one as your only shard. I don’t feel pulling classics is valuable enough unless you are building your 4* roster.