Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    EDIT: Nurr, wrong thread.
  • TPF Alexis
    I wasn't paying attention, and accidentally picked a fight with a 550 Kitty in PvP. That didn't end well.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    The event where Jessica Jones is the featured 5-star character is giving out shards for a different 5-star character.  The 250 shards for her in SCL10 would be good enough for me to get cover #11 for her.  Now, I'm halfway to a Immortal Hulk instead.

• sambrookjm
    OJSP said:
    Just had BRB downed by a Spectacular Strategy TU from near full health. The 2 critical tiles were positioned next to each other and it made another T-shaped match-5. Rubbish.
    Something very similar did close to 50K damage to my Kitty Pryde and took her down.  I said some words that were a bit stronger than "Rubbish" though.  (the filter here would be very appropriate since they took out Kitty.)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yaaay, pulled a Havok cover for the Simulator 5e node. Noooo, that node is not trivial with so under covered a Havok. Nearly wished I didn't pull that one.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got my first set of bonus shards. 

Was pulling Standards to get 3* Cyclops past 300, 6 shards at a time, in order to hit Level 227 for the LT champ reward. 

I make my final pull at 296 to push him over 300... boom: 50 bonus shards. Right when I don't need them anymore, and right before they could have gone to the next 3* I wanted to focus on. 😐😑🙄😞😡
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Waste of a heroic 10 pack today - all 2*s :(
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor

How about this: I go to fight with 2*Hawkeye and have critical boost. What you know, board start with two match five possibilities that can be done separately without interfering each other! I immediately do them and get another change to make a match-5!! So after those three, board accidentally (or maybe intentionally) destroy 2 of the speedshots, so I have now 7 of them in the board! I'm sure of my victory. But then comes opponent turn. Somehow even when i try to avoid AI to interfere any way speedshot tiles, it still gets most of them away - and eventually win the fight. How-in-Earth???

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker

I’ve been in cascade hell for over a week now. They just literally fall from the sky for the AI. Fortunate enough to have the restraint to not throw my phone about 20 times so far...

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@krakenoon said:
    I’ve been in cascade hell for over a week now. They just literally fall from the sky for the AI. Fortunate enough to have the restraint to not throw my phone about 20 times so far...

Hasn't been particularly bad for me lately but I did have a match against 5pX yesterday where one match from the AI was a vertical match-4, leading to a skyfall match-6 (as in 6 tiles dropping in), resulting in an extra turn that also included a match-4 with the crit tile that was created. I think during the cascade, there was another match-4 also triggered. Nearly wiped my close to full health Okoye. 😅

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

Missed the final clear on the main page node of The Hunt by a handful of seconds because the AI decided it had to get a cascade and fire ALL the powers and it cost me T10. I had the AP to kill them all, just couldn't get to my turn fast enough.

At least I didn't lose out on a potential LT.

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker

@DeNappa
    Now, have that happen at least once a day with numerous other skyfalls throughout the day. Does it sound like a fun way to spend your time? (and health packs!) /vent
    This is enough to make me want to keep QS in rotation...8D

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards

@krakenoon said:
    @DeNappa
    Now, have that happen at least once a day with numerous other skyfalls throughout the day. Does it sound like a fun way to spend your time? (and health packs!) /vent
    This is enough to make me want to keep QS in rotation...8D

Well, to be fair, I pretty often run Thorkoye+5pX myself, and sometimes the cascades are ridiculously in my favour as well. I never really kept track, but I think the most times my own pX's passive has triggered on match-4 or higher during my own cascades must be around 5 or 6 times. If you happen to have a nice bank of team-up AP, that's pretty neat :mrgreen: .

• TPF Alexis

Thing/Kitty/Bill mirror match. They have a Chain Lightning team-up. It ends up clearing the entire board, except for the two Fortified Countdowns that were out. It wasn't actually that bad from a winning the game stand point, but it took forever to resolve.

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards

Holding T10 in stupid timed PVE through two subs.

Third sub - app crash during opening clear. So closely timed anymore, will this knock me out of top placement?

Oh no....it crashed during the 3e wave. Reopening I reclear the wave for the first time...and the timer restarted. It apparently counted part of the wave for points, and for timers.

So now after wasting my time, and planning time in my day around stupid game time, for two and a half days...it doesn't matter, at all.

Really, really wish PVE wasn't PVP in disguise. Because that's what it is - I'm playing against other players....and when my app crashes (second time in a couple days, this build isn't working for Steam @devs...) and others don't - or say, others are playing on a specific device that speeds up animations more than what I have - it's purely PVP.

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler

A survey about which would be the next hero

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor

I went into PVP late, hoping to catch a flip, which I didn't (first bummer). Then I decided to at least get the 10CP. I went up against a Chavez/Prof X team and boy did they get a cascade of match-fours, so match lost (second bummer) and not enough time to get my CP (third bummer).

• sambrookjm

Strange Sights has the Mr Sinister as the required 5-star, who has a passive that throws traps out onto the board whenever the enemy team fires off a power. Book of Vishanti's 5-star required node? Three Ultron robots. :s

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,243 Chairperson of the Boards

@sambrookjm said:
    Strange Sights has the Mr Sinister as the required 5-star, who has a passive that throws traps out onto the board whenever the enemy team fires off a power. Book of Vishanti's 5-star required node? Three Ultron robots. :s

You’re not seeing the upside here.

Sinister trap spam vs goons (like, say, ninjas) is pure annoyance for me.

Also the variety of SS enemies means you’ll get your chance to see trap-tasticness on the other days.

• TPF Alexis

On the plus side, they do hit the point where they're triggering his black reasonably often, and once you get some blue, they're almost guaranteed to cascade into some of those. With half Thor and Prof X, I cleaned up on that node with little trouble.