Coalitions Looking for a Player? Post Here

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2018 in MtGPQ Coalitions

Thread Rules

1. Please edit your post if you have filled all open positions. This is a courtesy to those coalitions still recruiting as well as to those who are still hunting. If you have a new opening, re-post, instead of editing the original posting. Posts will be removed once they are marked as such in an effort to keep things manageable for recruits looking for a home.
  2. Do not reply to individual posts. If you see a coalition you're interested in, PM that poster. Any post that isn't a coalition seeking new members will be deleted.
  3. Don't post that you're an individual seeking a coalition. If you're an individual seeking a coalition, there's a thread for you to recruit in. Posting here will result in that post getting deleted as well as the offending poster likely receiving a warning (especially for repeat offenders).
  4. Please only post once per coalition and once per family of coalitions. This helps keep the list of coalitions down so recruits can better access the thread. If multiple posts for coalitions, or families of coalitions, are found, the oldest posts will be removed, and repeat offenders will be warned. **Example, a family of coalitions may make a post for all of its coalitions, and each individual coalition within that family may make their own recruiting post.**
  5. Any recruitment post outside of 30 days will be removed. This is to help make things easier for recruits searching and to keep information as current as possible in the thread. You can resubmit your recruitment post when the previous one has been deleted or delete your prior post and add a new one any time within 30 days

Tips for Successful Recruiting

1. List detailed expectations. Whether you're a top 10 coalition or a casual, make it very clear about what your expectations are regarding pve and pvp performance, level of social involvement, other apps that may be required (such as Line or another chat app), etc. The more information you provide, the better the fit will be for you and potential recruits.
  2. List Coalition Performance and Goals. While past performance is not a guarantee of future results, it does provide some information that helps potential recruits gauge how they'll fit in. In addition, listing goals (ie, aim to push up to top 100, perform at a high level while maintaining a casual atmosphere), helps potential players determine whether they would fit into your coalition in the long term. 
  3. Be courteous and honest in your posting. Lying about how active your coalition is or what your coalition performance has been is being discourteous and a waste of everyone's time. So be honest, and be content with where your coalition is (or post that you have the goal of improving towards top 100). 

Comments

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

Hi all, our coalition retirement1 is open to get some more players. We are a very laid back coalition made of three ex-DimMak, ex-TeamReckless players.

Due to life being a bit more important than a game, family, school etc. we left the competative coalitions. No reason to set alarms, lose sleep or getting frustrated over a game. The rewards from the events are still nice though so we started our own retirement home. Mostly we play progression but there is no pressure. The three of us usually end up around rank 185 so feel free to join.

• Sighlock
    Sighlock Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    SinnExperten has a few spots open. Great group of players. Active Coalition usually placing top 25 in events. Join or message me for more information. We use Discord for communication. 
  • Soulsign
    Soulsign Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2023
    *~*  Update - September 20, 2023 *~* 
    MELKOR has 3 open slots that will go fast - we are a top 150 coalition all time and average our finishes in the top 50 bracket. *~*

Melkor has a couple open slots for players who want to be active in coalition events.  We are a laid back group of individuals who interact regularly through coalition chat and a discord chat.  We share strategies, suggestions, card pulls and laughs. 

We know that life comes first and the game comes second.  We are casually competitive and have regularly finished in the top 50, usually just outside of the top 25 for the past 3 months.  Will you make the difference to take us to the next tier?

Whether you are a seasoned veteran coming from a dead coalition, or a new player looking to grow, if you show that you want to be part of our community, we will be happy to have you and be supportive in the game and life in general.  We are serious about life balance first.

I personally have been playing since before coalitions released, have 137 planeswalkers (playing entirely for free), and am always willing to share my opinion and experiences to help our members develop and enjoy the adventure of this game.  

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  I hope you will join us in the fray!
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    AlpacaArmy

We are a casual coalition that welcomes players of all levels. We're open to new players looking for advice and development. We also welcome experienced players looking for a more casually paced competitive environment. We very much hope to find people who are seeking to make friends and to share the game experience with.

Hyper-competitive players may not find us that suitable as a result as we've people of varying commitment and capability levels. But we are an active lot and love to talk about the game and other things alike.

The veterans in the coalition are happy to give advice to players who want to improve their decks or learn to better their game. New players with a positive attitude are most definitely welcome.

We've players in the US, Europe and Asia so we should literally have someone online at any time. We communicate primarily through a Whatsapp groupchat. If you're interested, do PM me so I can make space for you to join. Also, let me know your mobile number that's linked to Whatsapp so I can add you into the groupchat.
  • shadowrunner
    shadowrunner Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2020

FREEHAND

We are looking for 4 new recruits.  Must play in coalitions events.  That is the only requirement.  If you  have to miss notify, and you are good.  Other than that just have fun, and if you have any questions we will help.  We are a top 75 coalition, and if you are happy to compete, and have fun with us; we look forward to you joining.  Just search for Freehand.
  • EnigmaPyro
    EnigmaPyro Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2020
    BlazingGlory is a brand new Coalition. NEW PLAYERS WELCOME.

Want to join a coalition just so you can participate in the unique coalition events? Want to chill and chat sometimes, with no stress of commitments? Super laid-back and chill, play if you want, enjoy life away from your phone when you want.

I'm a (somewhat?) casual player that often ranks in the top 50-100 of the weekend events, but also sometimes am lax and don't play for a couple days. (I have held #2 position and maintained top 5 status for a while with one (individual) event, and then fell behind because I won't ruin my sleep over the game.) Been playing MTG casually on-and-off since 1999, I can help new players make the best of whatever cards they have and build a synergistic deck. Since I typically would be handed a deck I didn't build that a friend did, I would look at 5 or so cards and develop a strategy on the spot. I typically excel at deck-building and engine-building games, so even though I'm much more familiar with the mechanics of the Legacy cards, we can figure it out together. 

Currently have 17 open positions. (Last updated: July 28)
  • RobTheHood
    RobTheHood Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Pandaemonium

This coalition is looking for semi-active players to join, coalition events attendance would be preferred but if a reason s given that's OK, one people start joining a discord server will be made to discuss everything and keep everyone lively. Level of play is any as any player has the capability to become great over time. Hope to see you join in on Pandaemonium!
  • zakbar
    zakbar Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Szukam aktywnych graczy z Polski. Zapraszam do GRUPAPOLSKA.
    Pozdrawiam!
  • Lossibob
    Lossibob Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    DemonCavalry are looking for some new players - we're a friendly, sociable group of players and welcome players of any level of experience, we just ask that you're active. If you'd like any further information, please just ask.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    Vikings, top 50 semi-competitive team,  is looking for 2 new members.  

Participation in each coalition event is expected. Join in game if you are ready for an active, mostly competitive yet easy going coalition. 

Discord is not required but highly recommended. You will recieve the invite once you join the team.  
  • Willia_Casual_Cards
    Willia_Casual_Cards Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Casual Cards is looking for a couple active players. As our name suggests, we are a casual guild and there are no mandatory participation requirements, but I do clear out players that don't participate in coalition events on a regular basis (every month or two) so that we get better rewards in those events. We are currently placing around the 100th rank and are looking to be more consistently under 100 than over it! We do use in-game chat and have recently started a discord channel although it is lightly used. If you think this sounds like your kind of guild -- where the focus is on keeping the game fun, and never letting it become a job -- please join us in game or send me at dm!
  • JPeezy
    JPeezy Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Sublime4life is looking for new active members.  We have 5 very active members and finish in the 130’s every week. We need players of any level that will be fairly active to help us get in the top 100.  
  • Lossibob
    DemonCavalry have a few slots available for players looking to join a friendly, helpful coalition. We have a very social bunch, active and friendly. Come and say hi, see if we're what you're looking for!
  • Adriandae
    Adriandae Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Greetings to all players.

If you are new to the game with little experience and want to join a coalition
     I invite you to join Godgreen, we play and share experiences and strategies,
     if you are looking to have fun while playing, join us.
  • Adriandae
    Adriandae Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Greetings to all players.

If you are new to the game with little experience and want to join a coalition
     I invite you to join Godgreen, we play and share experiences and strategies,

if you are looking to have fun while playing, join us.
  • OmniTron
    OmniTron Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    NastyWomen,  a friendly casual coalition (not all nasty, not all women) has a spot open for a motivated newbie or veteran. We generally rank top 75. Lately getting closer to top 50 With some new, motivated members. We ask to play coalition events for progression, at least. Some of us are in a FB group, some of us on the Slack app (FtA) and we are all on the in-game chat! Look us up, you're welcome to join..!
    ;)
    Best regards, 
    OmniTron 
  • Spoorantoo
    Spoorantoo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2021
    GoldenCompan need you
    Established coalition will have a vacancy this weekend ( 20/08/21) We are a good regular player away from the Top 50 .  Is that you?

All we ask is that you play when you can on the weekend events.  We are quite chatty and have a DISCORD group as well.

Multi National we welcome anyone.

Give us a go you've nothing to loose.

Look out this coming Friday for the opportunity to join the crew.

• Lossibob
    edited June 2021
    Any players looking for a group of  friendly, social and active players to join, please call by DemonCavalry and see if we are what you're looking for - we could well be. We aren't "super-competitive", but we're "competitive enough" (between top 75-100 each month), but we have managed to attract a core of very friendly, helpful and active players and are always on the look out for more of the same.
    I hope you'll pop in, say "hi" and give us a chance.
    Bob
  • Mystra
    Mystra Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    PhoenixRisen is looking for a few new members. We are a top 100 coalition and expect members to participate in all of the coalition events. Aside from the events events we are a pretty chill group. If you want to be in a top 100 coalition, and are willing to play the weekend coalition events, then join us.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2021
    Vikings, top 50 semi-competitive team,  is looking for 2 new members.  

Participation in each coalition event is expected. Join in game if you are ready for an active, mostly competitive yet easy going coalition. 

Discord is not required but highly recommended. You will recieve the invite once you join the team.  

Edit: *All positions have been filled*