MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2020 (Updated 4/21/20)

Comments

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker

@MackDan1 said:
    Also, why are we starting over in the I's again. This happened before over Christmas. The 4* pvp reward rotation keeps getting reset. In December it reset from Iceman. Looks like it happened again. Just think it's kinda odd.

I wonder if it has to do with Super-Skrull coming up "too soon" in the regular order? (Though they could just skip it.) I was looking forward to those late alphabet characters as well.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@argle_bargle said:

@MackDan1 said:
    Also, why are we starting over in the I's again. This happened before over Christmas. The 4* pvp reward rotation keeps getting reset. In December it reset from Iceman. Looks like it happened again. Just think it's kinda odd.

I wonder if it has to do with Super-Skrull coming up "too soon" in the regular order? (Though they could just skip it.) I was looking forward to those late alphabet characters as well.

They started over when Invisible Woman was rewarded a little while ago. The unfortunate history is that there have been resets when they ran 4* PVPS which break the expected alphabetical progression.

One could speculate that there is some automated reward scheduler that is getting changed and that it is either too hard to change, or they are uninterested in changing it back to the reward that was previously set to come next. And it is easier to let the automated scheduler continue on, since the vast majority of players do not care, are not aware of the pattern, or both.

We highly engaged players are like, maybe, 1/10 of the total players at most.

• MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler

Was thinking along the same lines bluewolf.

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler

@argle_bargle said:
    Are the rewards for I,Spy in a new order or is that my imagination? The HP is still at 25 wins, and the second CP reward is back way up at 75 wins. Is this a new normal?

Now that is a bad mistake.

• JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In

Did they ever mention them changing the cp reward in pvp back to 1.2?

• lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In

@argle_bargle said:
    Are the rewards for I,Spy in a new order or is that my imagination? The HP is still at 25 wins, and the second CP reward is back way up at 75 wins. Is this a new normal?

They've swapped the CP rewards with the 350 shards of the 4 star.

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker

Seems like they 'noticed' that a lot of players suddenly stopped at 1000 instead of pushing to 1200, and that means a difference in HP spending due to shield hops.

• Natural_0x14
    Natural_0x14 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Is there going to be an explanation for the PvP change?   It was not mentioned in any communications and it shows they knew it was going to be a shock.  Optics are not good for this one.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    This change simply will cause people playing just for 450 points another time 
  • bluewolf
    DP v MP preview up.....

Gives out Yelena shards in progression.  Placement is Captain Marvel......looks like SCL9 is my destination for whatever event follows.  No desire to grind out SCL10 for half a CM.

And of course you will miss out on iHulk shards this time around, as expected.
  • Febreze15
    Febreze15 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    Just felt like pointing out that they started the New and Improved PVP rewards structure with boosted Bishop week. 

Fantastic planning!  There’s no other team I like to fight more than BRB and Bishop 75 times. 
    Boosted bishop isn’t AS terrifying since the damage threshold is higher for cheesing blue
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh @IceIX.  The DP vs MPQ is wrong as well.   Could you please take a look at this and let us know what happened. Was to be Hulk Shards and now Yelena shards.  Just curious. 
  • bluewolf
    Oh @IceIX.  The DP vs MPQ is wrong as well.   Could you please take a look at this and let us know what happened. Was to be Hulk Shards and now Yelena shards.  Just curious. 
    The Yelena shards follow the pattern they followed for iHulk where you got his shards instead of JJ shards. (JJ was essential but we got no shards for her, neither from placement nor progression.)

I assume the Sneak Peek just has mistaken information feeding it coming from Demiurge's communication to Ice, who just posted what was given to him.

Anyway the event is live and that's that.  Yelena it is.  I already have some of them, having started in 1.10.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Febreze15 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Just felt like pointing out that they started the New and Improved PVP rewards structure with boosted Bishop week. 

Fantastic planning!  There’s no other team I like to fight more than BRB and Bishop 75 times. 
    Boosted bishop isn’t AS terrifying since the damage threshold is higher for cheesing blue
    A broken char is always a broken char. Boosted or not. 
  • bluewolf
    Febreze15 said:
    bluewolf said:

A broken char is always a broken char. Boosted or not. 
    Please lay your hand flat on the table. 

Now I am going to smash it with this tool. 

Oh!  Don’t worry! Instead of a hammer I’ll be using this rubber mallet. It’ll hurt a lot less that way, I’m sure. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Febreze15 said:
    bluewolf said:

It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't Widow events one after another so Widow stuns are unusable. Devs are so cruel.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I know is that my one cover in black iHulk is bloody killing me in his 5E everytime he comes back to life! The AI is loving this!
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @IceIX
    Any chance of an update before the weekend?