One star skirmish MAR 24 - MAR 26

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teke184 wrote:

*shrug*

Make it a one and two star tourney and call it something like "One-Two Punch".

Possibly exclude Classic Storm, OBW, and Modern Hawkeye because they have one-star versions and the former two are likely the characters to be most abused if a straight one-two star character tourney were run.

I think it is a programming issue but I would like to see a "Six-Pack" tourney; 1 X 1*, 1 X 2*, and 1 X 3* only on each team. It would be M. Storm or Widow most likely for 1*'s bit after that I think there might be a fairly different variety of choices for the 2* and 3* slots.

Hey, I think we may have been kicking each other about if your in game account has a number in it.

I'd apologise but I knew you liked it because why else old you keep giving me points?
  • What might be really cool is a tournament where the top 3-5 most used characters become locked out. Or top 2 1*,2*, and 3* to keep it more balanced across experience levels. Maybe updating the locked characters every hour. Start with your strongest team, end up using god only knows who by the end.

I would find something like this amazingly entertaining, but I can see how it would destroy any commonly used tactics to place well.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:

*shrug*

Make it a one and two star tourney and call it something like "One-Two Punch".

Possibly exclude Classic Storm, OBW, and Modern Hawkeye because they have one-star versions and the former two are likely the characters to be most abused if a straight one-two star character tourney were run.

I think it is a programming issue but I would like to see a "Six-Pack" tourney; 1 X 1*, 1 X 2*, and 1 X 3* only on each team. It would be M. Storm or Widow most likely for 1*'s bit after that I think there might be a fairly different variety of choices for the 2* and 3* slots.

Hey, I think we may have been kicking each other about if your in game account has a number in it.

I'd apologise but I knew you liked it because why else old you keep giving me points?

No worries Eddiemon in PvP where I don't care about the points or prizes I just keep giving what the matchmaker gives me because I do care about farming the ISO and will take +30 bonus everytime. So have at me if you feel like it works to your advantage.
  • Hope somebody knocks me down to 200.

Three recruit tokens, pls.
  • mbpm1 wrote:
    Hope somebody knocks me down to 200.

Three recruit tokens, pls.

You know, you can just retreat to lose points icon_e_wink.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Developing a hatred for this tourney, probably because I want IW blue.

I'm ok that I can't hit anyone in the top 10 because their teams and MMR are low level. What I don't get is why they never seem to hit each other. They sit around amongst similar players, all unshielded and nobody gets mugged...
  • Eddiemon wrote:

I'm ok that I can't hit anyone in the top 10 because their teams and MMR are low level. What I don't get is why they never seem to hit each other. They sit around amongst similar players, all unshielded and nobody gets mugged...
    In my bracket is the same, though they are attacked and keep on jumping +/- 150pts. I'm shielded at #1 with 616pts. Hopefully it will be enough for shiny IW and 2 Hood covers (so it will leave me with *only* 83 covers left to get).
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Two thoughts from this tournament:

a) It's a real meat grinder, where getting out without at least moderate damage is the exception.

b) We could use a couple more 1*'s and/or 3rd colors for some of the existing characters.
  • mouser wrote:
    b) We could use a couple more 1*'s and/or 3rd colors for some of the existing characters.

I've seen this thrown around many, many times and I honestly can't understand why people want those 3rd powers. Imagine Juggernaut or Venom with 10 more levels and another power: happy thoughts thinking about them in your team? Now think about this kind of tournament: they would instantly become a series of mirror matches Jug/venom/IM35. I agree that there's little variety right now, but at least there's SOME variety. A couple more 1* chars, well those could be useful.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    One advise to S.H.I.E.L.D alliance: hey guys, you should be focusing on the Simulator, this tournament is ok for you, you made sure the 1st place is in your pocket, no need to try too hard icon_e_wink.gif
  • Kappei wrote:
    mouser wrote:

I've seen this thrown around many, many times and I honestly can't understand why people want those 3rd powers. Imagine Juggernaut or Venom with 10 more levels and another power: happy thoughts thinking about them in your team? Now think about this kind of tournament: they would instantly become a series of mirror matches Jug/venom/IM35. I agree that there's little variety right now, but at least there's SOME variety. A couple more 1* chars, well those could be useful.

Agreed. Now moves like headbutt does more damage, Juggs has 4k hp or so, venom's black is stronger, and someone like Hawkeye looks even more of a joke. Heck, the same can be said of the 2** characters with 2 abilities as well. Imagine dakan with an extra few levels and damage...this isn't even accounting for how helpful another ability would be.

Imo, these 2 cover characters are the ones that should be seeing the gold treatment if anybody is..not thor and cap. Make a 3 ability 3 star dakan. The new ability makes him less of a ugly looking cash in and the two older abilities are slightly
    tweaked so as not to be op for a 3*** given the lvl disparity. A 5k hp dakan with his green/yellow in tact, and a purple or black ability? Maybe an ap move that counts your strike tiles to modify the damage of the move?

Ex: 12 black.

Dakan does x damage + y(z) damage where y is the number of strike tiles on the board. Maybe 1800 damage base and 300 for every strike tile.

Would make him basically the same character, but better as ppl want, while also not breaking his tier nor having them make anymore truly lazy repeat characters.
  • Well I got an Invisible Woman from the progession reward token on this. So can handle the fact I am steadily falling down the rankings.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emeryt wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

In my bracket is the same, though they are attacked and keep on jumping +/- 150pts. I'm shielded at #1 with 616pts. Hopefully it will be enough for shiny IW and 2 Hood covers (so it will leave me with *only* 83 covers left to get).

You will have 3 Hood covers - 1 more from your Alliance placement.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, this event is... different.
    Takes getting used to being a normal part of the zombie horde for a change - with no 141s as scarecrows, nobody is afraid to attack you.
    Especialls since I'm only able to field 40 Juggs / 40ish Iron Man / 21 Venom.

Managed to get to 712 and hopefully that'll be enough for that blue Baglady.

I've somewhat enjoyed the level playing field, but it's nothing I need to play every other week... once every 3 months would be more than enough.
  • kensterr wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

You will have 3 Hood covers - 1 more from your Alliance placement.
    I don't need Black one icon_e_smile.gif.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    guess I got a bit lucky but my storm-widow-IM team just nabbed me 150 points with only 3 health pack uses to put me at just over 700 icon_e_biggrin.gif crossing fingers for first win ever
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Kappei wrote:
    mouser wrote:

There's nothing stopping D3 from rescaling ability damage if that's merited.
  • I'm too far back for IW blue icon_e_sad.gif
  • Eddiemon
    jozier wrote:
    I'm too far back for IW blue icon_e_sad.gif
    Don't say that man, there's always hope.

You could catch me with my shields down in an effort to nab 7 extra points....
  • Phew, finally got myself an IW blue. Always seems to be yellow available, and so rarely blue or green.