Improve PVE to be more enjoyable worldwide, not just D3 timeslots

Options
TIGERSoft
TIGERSoft Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
I have more and more problems justifying the timeslots in PVE. None of them are ideal for where I live. And what works today, might not work tomorrow or the day after due to RL events (family, work, sickness, ...).

Here are some ideas to fix PVE worldwide. Please add more if you come up with something!

Improve PVE to be more enjoyable worldwide, not just D3 timeslots 7 votes

Increase the number of timeslots to 12 have a lot more choice
0%
Make PVE a 24 hour thing per sub. No more grinding. Placement is based on speed from your individual start to finish. Hit each node x times till it reaches 0 and stays 0 till end of sub.
57%
neodukeCrowlStan_The_ManTIGERSoft 4 votes
Let players change the shard per sub instead of event. This won't solve all problems, but could help already
0%
Remove placement all together and just give better rewards for predefined points
42%
abmorazPtahhotepChitown 3 votes
Other, please mention below!
0%

Comments

• jamauss
    jamauss Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I chose 12 time slots not because I think it’s the best way forward but I think it’s a realistic change that might actually stand a chance at being implemented. If I could ask for anything it would be to just have pve be a timed 24 hr thing where fastest player through N clears gets 1st place.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Remove placement all together and just give better rewards for predefined points
    I would rather play without worrying about either timing or speed. That means either progression only or a system of bonus points. This would entail giving bonus points for things like using characters of a particular affiliation, amount of health your team loses, making match fives and above, etc.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Make PVE a 24 hour thing per sub. No more grinding. Placement is based on speed from your individual start to finish. Hit each node x times till it reaches 0 and stays 0 till end of sub.

On the speed suggestion, it'd be good if it just counted your time in the 7 clears, so that people could fit in a few games here and there when they had a spare five mins.

The match-3 gameplay is ideal for that style of play and it is slightly odd that optimal play is so different from that, particularly since there would be more chances for them to sell us stuff if we were logging in more often during the day.

• TIGERSoft
    TIGERSoft Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

The following post was one of the reasons I started this thread tbh:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82165/dev-team-wants-your-help-graphical-issues-in-the-game#latest