Demoralized

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

Hoarded for the past couple weeks. Blew my CP and LTs to finish off Sinister and now back to hoarding mode.

5 covers for Havok.
3 covers for iHulk.

And now 10 days until the Yidow CP store.

It’s just too fast and makes me want to play even less.

I’m finally 5 Peggy covers and 110 FA-Cap shards away from having every character (except iHulk, Havok, and Skrull) champed in the game.

Decreased CP, faster turnaround, insufficient shards, and no new feeders is breaking my morale.

With home schooling my kids for the rest of the year, worrying how I’m going to keep my job during this time, and all the other pandemic **** going on, MPQ used to be a nice way to unwind. Now it’s just more stress.

After 6 years, unless something positive happens in game, this may just be it for me. I’m hitting absolute apathy about all releases. Finishing FA-Cap might just be the achievement I need to feel like I’ve accomplished everything I could have out of the game. It’ll be my turn to go quietly into the night.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

I think it is how to hoard to cover 5*. Number one in the new 5,4,5 of releases you need to be strategic in how you hoard and how you pull for 5*. You need to identify which 5* you want at 450 and which you want to get as high as possible. For instance I think IHulk will be Meta so I pulled 381 pulls to get him. I ended up with 5,3,3 with 7 covers. I am in good position to get him to high levels. Yelena I think I want a level 450. This means I will hoard Havok is out of LL. I will be hoping for the next 5* to be strong. I will then pull till I get the Yelena to 10+ covers where it will be easy to finisher her with a feeder then hoard again. You can pull all the time but I did not have success that way when 5* came out.

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards

Hulk just entered LL yesterday, and now today, bam another 5* drops. And it's who?

I'm sorry.. Yelena just isn't important enough in any Marvel lore, comic or MCU, to warrant a 5*. I get it. The release train just isn't slowing down. Not now, not ever. She's an MCU tie-in. Or was meant to be, anyway. Gotta pump out the new shiny. The game's got nothing else to sell.

I dunno. I think I'm getting close to done, too.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards

@DyingLegend said:
    I'm hitting the "whats the point" wall.

I can't cover 5 stars fast enough
    I hate hoarding ( boring to me)
    Takes to long to clear pve
    Takes too long to climb in pvp ( kitty + BRB everywhere)
    Takes too long to cover 5 stars
    No new interesting events
    Stale current events
    No single player challenges outside of COT
    QoL changes that are needed but aren't coming (5 star only tokens, faster pve, etc)
    Slow character rebalances
    Metas that hang around too long ( gritty/bishop)
    No new feeders
    Game depends too heavily on 2 star farm
    Devs can be very unresponsive. ( I'm looking at you character rebalance post from Jan)
    Updates come too slow
    Too much dilution
    Fighting the same teams in pvp
    No gauntlet ( I truly miss this event)
    High priced bundles
    No supports ( even though I hate them, I acknowledge people like them and this idea was half baked and dropped off the map)
    Too many vaults ( you can't earn shards from vaults)
    Shards = slowed progression for the benefit of "choice" . Bonus heroes felt more rewarding and more exciting

So again, what's the point anymore......

Game needs something interesting that benefits the playerbase without taking something away.

well, when you put it that way...

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

@DyingLegend said:
    I'm hitting the "whats the point" wall.

I can't cover 5 stars fast enough
    I hate hoarding ( boring to me)
    Takes to long to clear pve
    Takes too long to climb in pvp ( kitty + BRB everywhere)
    Takes too long to cover 5 stars
    No new interesting events
    Stale current events
    No single player challenges outside of COT
    QoL changes that are needed but aren't coming (5 star only tokens, faster pve, etc)
    Slow character rebalances
    Metas that hang around too long ( gritty/bishop)
    No new feeders
    Game depends too heavily on 2 star farm
    Devs can be very unresponsive. ( I'm looking at you character rebalance post from Jan)
    Updates come too slow
    Too much dilution
    Fighting the same teams in pvp
    No gauntlet ( I truly miss this event)
    High priced bundles
    No supports ( even though I hate them, I acknowledge people like them and this idea was half baked and dropped off the map)
    Too many vaults ( you can't earn shards from vaults)
    Shards = slowed progression for the benefit of "choice" . Bonus heroes felt more rewarding and more exciting

So again, what's the point anymore......

Game needs something interesting that benefits the playerbase without taking something away.

I felt this deep in my soul. And the problem is is that this list could easily be expanded on.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

@pheregas said:

@wymtime said:
    I think it is how to hoard to cover 5*. Number one in the new 5,4,5 of releases you need to be strategic in how you hoard and how you pull for 5*. You need to identify which 5* you want at 450 and which you want to get as high as possible. For instance I think IHulk will be Meta so I pulled 381 pulls to get him. I ended up with 5,3,3 with 7 covers. I am in good position to get him to high levels. Yelena I think I want a level 450. This means I will hoard Havok is out of LL. I will be hoping for the next 5* to be strong. I will then pull till I get the Yelena to 10+ covers where it will be easy to finisher her with a feeder then hoard again. You can pull all the time but I did not have success that way when 5* came out.

Never before have I had to pick and choose my 5s. My playstyle hasn’t changed. The game has.

And I also hate hoarding.

I have also been able to cover all 5*. I might just do things a little more strategical. I have also set up 5* for feeders mainly to get higher levels of good 5* over weaker ones. I also agree with you on the frustration you feel on how hard it is to keep up with new releases.

I wish you luck in getting your 5* covered I have my strategy and feel it works

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

@wymtime said:

@pheregas said:

@wymtime said:

Never before have I had to pick and choose my 5s. My playstyle hasn’t changed. The game has.

And I also hate hoarding.

I have also been able to cover all 5*. I might just do things a little more strategical. I have also set up 5* for feeders mainly to get higher levels of good 5* over weaker ones. I also agree with you on the frustration you feel on how hard it is to keep up with new releases.

I wish you luck in getting your 5* covered I have my strategy and feel it works

My strategy has been 100% successful. I work in one classic 5 at a time. Sharget the 3* that feeds the 4*. Sharget the 4* that feeds the 5*. Sharget the 5* as well. But only until I’ve had enough shards to fully cover the 5 with the 3/4* shargets.

I’ve finished off my remaining 5s that way. FA-Cap is the last.

All remaining 5s (iHulk, Havok and now Yidow) have no feeders. I can only reasonably sharget one of those at a time. The releases schedule was already at the max as it was before. Pretty sure it’s unsustainable now.

Wish I could buy some covers with my 17 million iso :/

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@Borstock said:
    The 5* release schedule is WAY too fast right now. It's very frustrating to realize that there's no chance to fully cover them all. It's no longer "hoard to cover" and is now "hoard so you can cover the next meta, and ignore everyone else".

Demoralizing is a good word for it.

This is how it has been for me since 2018. which is why I have been semi-retired for that whole time, playing ddq and pve to prog when I felt like it. with the new changes, I think I am even closer to being squeezed out. I can make some progress on 5s by playing cl10, but in order to do so I need to play more than I would like (and even that only barely keeps me with enough HP to buy roster slots). And with the increased 5 release rate, I think that even playing cl10 to prog leaves me further behind the 5* curve than I was before.

I third demoralizing as a good descriptor.

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 137 Tile Toppler

They should stop all new releases, and re-release rebalanced older characters. That would give us some time to catch up and make the game much more interesting.

Ok, probably not going to happen, I know. But for me that would be fantastic.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards

You know, I'm... not having a trouble keeping up with the newer 5* release schedule. If anything, shards have made it easier. And I'm definitely not on the higher end of competitive players (if anything, I've been slacking off in 2020, in both PVE and PVP). And I say this using all of my bonus shards to complete older 5's, so I'm chipping away at those as well (so at some point in the future I should be able to swing that back around to focusing on Latest characters, making it even easier to keep up, you know?)

I wouldn't say the game is perfect, and would like them to work on many of the things mentioned here. But I wouldn't call the current state of the game anything close to "demoralizing", either.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

It's not compulsory to champ every character that they release.

If I'm not interested in that 5* character, I will try to get 1 cover and stop pulling.

What's the worst case scenario that's going to happen? That newer 5* essential nodes might be a little difficult for its next 3-5 PvEs in a year, and then once every 1 year.

If you expect yourself to champ a new release within a certain timeframe, you are putting the stress on yourself. If you are opened to alternatives like getting some covers and then champing them in the future when their stores come up again, then it shouldn't be a problem. From what I see, those special CP stores help a lot of players to cover older characters.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards

I can understand the feeling, but is it really reasonable to expect the game to never change?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Changes are expected but some expect that it doesn't affect their "routines". I think even in the real business world, it's not easy to find such a balance. This reminds me of a popular book "Who Moved My Cheese? about the four typical reactions to changes.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards

Lots of very valid and excellent points but I can live with it. I've always chosen my 5* carefully and been happy to single cover the rest. If the game is really making you feel like that then you need to walk away. It's just a game and if what's going on in the world isn't enough to make you want to spend your time doing something that makes you feel more positive then it's all on you really.

Some of you consistently post like you are being abused, yet you keep coming back for more. Again your points are very valid to you but you keep on bending over for more.