***** Yelena Belova (Black Widow) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited May 2020 in Character Details

Yelena Belova Header Image

Yelena Belova (Black Widow)
5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Affiliation: Heroes

"Trained as a Black Widow in the notorious Red Room, Yelena Belova scored the highest marks of any recruit. But can she forge her destiny as a spy and step outside the shadow of Natasha Romanoff?”

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
13515 Health / 54322 Health
Yellow 21 | Red 189 | Blue 23 | Purple 168 | Green 147 | Black 25 | TU 94 | Crit 4.0x
Yellow 82 | Red 756 | Blue 89 | Purple 672 | Green 588 | Black 96 | TU 374 | Crit 4.0x

Top of the Class - Red PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Yelena uses her Red room training to turn enemies' strength against them. At the start of your turn, if the enemy has at least 11 AP in any color, create 1 strength 110 Strike tile, deal 854 damage, and reduce the enemy's largest AP pool by 4 (Max level 3431 damage, 443 Strike tile)

• Level 2: Effects trigger if enemy has 10 AP in any color.
  • Level 3: Creates a strength 114 Strike tile and deals 890 damage. (Max level 3574 damage, 457 Strike tile)
  • Level 4: Creates a strength 117 Strike tile and deals 925 damage. (Max level 3717 damage, 472 Strike tile)
  • Level 5: Effects trigger if enemy has 9 AP in any color.

Spycraft - 7 Purple AP
Not everything is as it seems. Creates up to 5 friendly Trap tiles in the enemy's strongest color. When matched or destroyed by the enemy, Spycraft Trap tiles deal 1263 damage and convert 3 AP of the enemy's strongest color to the enemy's weakest color. (Max level 5076 damage)

• Level 2: Trap tiles deal 1270 damage. (Max level 5105 damage)
  • Level 3: Trap tiles deal 1293 damage and convert 4 AP. (Max level 5196 damage)
  • Level 4: Creates 6 Trap tiles.
  • Level 5: Trap tiles deal 1589 damage. (Max level 6386 damage)

Military Surplus - 9 Green AP
Yelena uses whatever tools she can find to take down the enemy. Deals 239 damage to the enemy team and destroys 2 enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles, converting 1 AP of the enemy's strongest color to the enemy's weakest color for each tile destroyed. (Destroyed tiles don't deal damage or generate AP.) (Max level 961 team damage)

• Level 2: Deals 382 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 1535 team damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 416 damage to the enemy team and converts 2 AP per tile destroyed. (Max level 1674 team damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 684 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 2750 team damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1056 damage to the enemy team and converts 3 AP per tile destroyed. (Max level 4248 team damage)

Release Events:

• Strange Sights- April 23 - April 27
    Rewards tokens to the Determined Yelena Cover Store
    Yelena Belova (Black Widow) Shards in Placement rewards

• I-Spy - April 23 - April 27
    Yelena Belova (Black Widow) Shards in Placement rewards

• [REDACTED] - April 26 - April 29
    Rewards tokens to the Determined Yelena Cover Store

Release Cover Store:

• Determined Yelena Cover Store - April 23 - May 2
    1x pull:
    1 in 250 chance to get a cover of Yelena Belova (Black Widow)
    ~1 in 13 chance to get a 4-Star
    1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
    10x & 40x pull:
    ~1 in 166 chance to get a cover of Yelena Belova (Black Widow)
    ~1 in 11 chance to get a 4-Star
    1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
    The Determined Yelena cover store will run for longer than usual stores to ensure that players have an opportunity to pull from the store if they wish to.

Special Limited Vault

• TBD Vault - May 1 - May 5
    40 Items
    1x TBD Name Legendary Store Token
    1x 4-Star TBD Character cover
    3x Random 3-Star covers
    6x Heroic tokens
    4x 2500 Iso
    6x 1000 Iso
    5x 500 Iso
    14x Two stars

Special Legendary Store

• TBD Name - May 1 - May 5
    April 2, 2020, 07:00am – April 6, 2020, 11:59pm
    15% chance to get Yelena Belova (Black Widow), Okoye (Warrior General) and Black Panther (Civil War)
    Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

Yes, we know that the movie isn't coming out right now, so "Only In Theatres" is a bit of a misnomer. Social copy is social copy. :)

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2020

Yay, thanks for the info!
    Yelena looks interesting so far. Helpful passive and cheap / normal cost abilities.

Big hitting traps for just 7 purple. Only the enemy can match them unfortunately, but you will always know what color they will always be placed upon.
    PvE vs goons that build up to 10+ green for example might be fun to play against with that passive.

• JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In

she looks OKAY at best(taking into consideration what we normally see in pvp), just gotta wait until we see her in action.

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor

@RickOShay said:
    Yelena looks interesting so far. Helpful passive and cheap / normal cost abilities.

Big hitting traps for just 7 purple. Only the enemy can match them unfortunately, but you know what color they will always be placed upon.
    PvE vs goons that build up to 10+ green for example might be fun to play against with that passive.

You're always so optimistic. She looks like more mediocre drek. Her red won't fire until mid to late game and green does 4* damage. Purple looks somewhat decent but is too random. If only her release store had JJ instead of Panther, i'd have spent on that.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

Sinister Sidekick with those traps? I’d run her 3/5/5 with Sinister for maximum trap/Cascade nonsense

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX said:

@bluewolf said:
    Please explain how the hint “Under the pale moonlight” relates to Yelena. Please?

She's often called the Pale Little Spider, and her spy exploits are usually done at night in the comics.

This one is going in the book under "really weird clues" right next to that time "Stop me if you've heard this one" meant Doc Ock because stop signs have eight sides.

• RickOShay
    edited April 2020

@Thanos said:

@RickOShay said:

Big hitting traps for just 7 purple. Only the enemy can match them unfortunately, but you know what color they will always be placed upon.

You're always so optimistic. She looks like more mediocre drek. Her red won't fire until mid to late game and green does 4* damage. Purple looks somewhat decent but is too random. If only her release store had JJ instead of Panther, i'd have spent on that.

A bit too optimistic usually, very true. But I'm not hearing enough people in different chats mention how hard it will be to get an expensive power built up against her passive.
    I mean, BRB's green will be nearly impossible. Sure you may get to block her passive damage with protect tiles, but your Bill/Kitty team will take forever to win until she's down.
    I'd agree with others that Yelena could have had the AP swap to your side on one of those powers (like Sinister does).
    Green should have been designed to do more team damage, and Destroy CD's! It's not too late to fix this!
    Seriously, you have hundreds of clever fans that could help the Dev's with design elements.
    9 AP isn't bad for an AoE though, even if weak, and I'm wondering how 5* Carol may help power that up to fire off more often.

Okoye, Yelena, Sinister has rainbow match damage, and will be doing tons of small hits boosted by TU. Sounds fun in SIM.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards

Yelena has the lowest health of anyone since Storm (basically the same as Hela) but has the 7th highest match dmg.

Makes her fairly likely to tank (depends on the team), and I suppose making her die faster is good when she messes with your AP.

I suppose using her with Sinister could be something.... Yelenister?

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

@OJSP said:

@Warbringa said:
    That red passive with Peggy and Infinity Cap and you can pretty much prevent all but the cheapest AI powers from firing in a match.

What is Cap's role in that team?

Probably using his purple to stop cheap powers from being used. Instead making their AP build up further.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

5/3/5 for me, without question.
    Very curious to see how her powers will work against BRB, since it seems like they might do well in that.

• RickOShay
    edited April 2020

@jackstar0 said:
    5/3/5 for me, without question.
    Very curious to see how her powers will work against BRB, since it seems like they might do well in that.

Against Bill's green her passive should be good.
    But, against his OP Blue, well we still have few answers.
    If the enemy team hits a Yelena trap with his Blue CD out, or if you fire your green team damage, Bill will just put more protects out, all day.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

Will her passive include the counts of TU tiles?

If so, could be an interesting Okoye counter.

Interesting, but nowhere near BRBitty.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

I can see the "convert strongest colour to weakest colour" thing backfiring a lot. Do you really want to be turning black into yellow for a Thorkoye team? Feeding purple to Daredevil or blue to Iceman? There are also a bunch of places where it will be good, of course, but there are some pretty common characters/teams who will love that swap.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards

Oh boy another 5 star

Maybe I will have her covered in 5 years.

• Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler

If this stupid red passive is gonna force me away from Daredevil and only encourage more people to play BRB/Kitty I feel I'm at the end. 4ap loss on a passive is the kind of anti-fun that I thought they were done with, from Gambit v2.0's reception.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

She has interesting powers. I think her red makes her a take me out first character and fits more of a 3rd when support than a meta 2. I think 5 in red and think her Purple and green will be dependent on who you use her with. If you have a Thor or BRB then 5 in Purple. If you are going non green users then 5 in green but only against special tile spammers.

Overall I would say a B character based on powers. Good 3rd if you want but not someone you build a team around