Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    SHIELD Level 166 (just passed it on Sunday)

Day 1513

Roster slots: 206/211

5 stars: Waiting to roster Havok. My draws in latest for him have not been fruitful, but they have been beneficial for my Beta Ray Bill, so I'm not complaining at all.  Soft cap of 330 continues, with anyone with more than seven covers moving up that way, and a majority of the 5 stars at that level. Jessica Jones got one additional level over 330. I'm one cover away from Storm nabbing a 12th cover, and ~116 shards away from Kitty getting the Purple cover to a one turn repeater countdown that also brings her to 12 overall covers. Carbage was 2 covers away from 13 before he was moved to classics. I keep drawing from Latests with every chance I get, and my 4 star roster is greatly benefitting.

4 stars: 91 (?) currently champed (however many there are minus Talos, Spider-Ham, Taskmaster and Maria Hill). Northstar, Wolfsbane, Karolina Dean and Karnak were all champed in quick succession since shards are rewarded in PVE play and they all crossed 13 covers with at least one on the vine. Talos and his new compatriot Maria "I'm going to be a bigger martyr than Worthy Cap!" Hill are the only non champed non-limited 4 stars on my roster. There was a minor debate on if I put money into the Taskmaster deal this weekend, but since he's a limited character very rarely boosted, that was a quick nah.

3 stars: All 3-stars are still rostered. Magneto, Captain America and Cyclops took the tumble down south to be rebuilt. Currently chasing Daredevil as targeted shards hero to get him to 266. Hawkeye's at 12 covers again. 

2 stars: Active farming continues. Dupe farm has been put on back burner currently. The HP from flips is a hotter commodity since that got limited in PVE. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    I hit 5* land last year after hoarding to get 5 Captain Marvel, Doom, Hela. Afterwards I champed 5 Thanos who was always around 11 covers, finished him in a special store. Then built another hoard to get 5 Profx and Beta Ray Bill covered. 

Currently I'm probably going to keep building my stash of 222 pulls in LL store, for when the new 5 Hulk is rotated in. I might hoard longer though as I don't think I'll like the two 5s in LL store with Hulk as soon as he enters.
  • spidyjedi84

SHIELD Level 169

Day 15??

Roster slots: 208/212

5 stars: Rostered Havok. Now chasing the new 5 star Hulk before he's required in an event. My Beta Ray Bill was at 11 covers before he moved to classics, with 75 shards away from his 12th cover. He'll be the next one I chase once Kitty gets her 13th cover. Soft cap of 330 continues, with anyone with more than seven covers moving up that way, and a majority of the 5 stars at that level. Kitty now sits at level 332, so she's easily located on my roster, as my highest champed 5 star. I'll be moving Havok, with 5 covers, up to the 315/330 level next.

4 stars: 92 (?) currently champed (however many there are minus Talos, Spider-Ham and Taskmaster). Maria Hill is champed, since I got 13 covers for her in her last event. Talos is currently moving up that ladder now, too. Yes, it has finally come to this. Talos gets to move up the ladder, so I don't just accumulate ISO and not spend it anywhere... I ended with 6 covers for Super Skrull following all of his events. Because all of my 4 stars are champed, I'm finding it hard to focus who to target with shards, since Super Skrull will be locked out of those for the forseeable future. I may actually be considering not drawing anything that awards 4 star shards until Super Skrull enters tokens to chase him more effectively.

3 stars: All 3-stars are still rostered. Daredevil tumbled down, and Elektra's 600 shards away from being fully champed and having one cover for her dupe. Thor will be next to be chased via shards. Cyclops is almost back to 13 covers.

2 stars: Active farming continues.

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020

MARCH 2020 EDITION

Day 1768

Roster slots: 303/303 (+3)

star star star star star
    38 champions (+2):
    Archangel, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (First Avenger), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Carnage, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Hawkeye, Hela, Iceman, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Mister Sinister, Okoye, Professor X, Rescue, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Storm, Thanos, The Hulk, Thor, Wasp, Wolverine

Latest Legends

• Beta Ray Bill (5/3/5, lvl 462) (+9)
    • Mister Sinister (5/3/5, lvl 451) (+14)
    • Havok (1/5/7, lvl 420) (+13)

Classic Legends

• Doctor Octopus (4/4/4, lvl 435) (+2)
    • Star-Lord (5/2/2, lvl 390) (+1) 

star star star star
    99 champions (+7):
    Agent Coulson, America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Cat,  Black Panther, Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel (2x), Captain America, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger (2x), Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Human Torch, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Juggernaut, Karolina Dean, Karnak, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Magik, Medusa, Miles Morales, Mockingbird,  M.O.D.O.K., Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Mysterio, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot (2x), Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Talos, Taskmaster, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture (2x), War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolfsbane, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    M.O.D.O.K., Wolfsbane, Northstar and Karnak are championed. Maria Hill is my newest toy (3/3/4, lvl 209). Peggy Carter and Peter Quill joined club 370. My duplicates of Captain Marvel, Vulture and Cloak & Dagger are done.

star star star
    No changes.

Future goals

Let's see what the future holds (another 5* Hulk?).

MAY 2020 EDITION

Day 1824

Roster slots: 305/305 (+2)

star star star star star
    41 champions (+3):
    Archangel, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (First Avenger), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Carnage, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Havok, Hawkeye, Hela, Iceman, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Mister Sinister, Okoye, Professor X, Rescue, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Star-Lord, Storm, Thanos, The Hulk, Thor, Wasp, Wolverine

Latest Legends

• Havok (5/3/5, lvl 453) (+2)
    • Immortal Hulk (1/1/3, lvl 330) (+5)
    • Yelena Belova (0/1/3, lvl 315) (+4)
    • (Apocalypse (3/2/3, lvl 375) (+8))

Classic Legends

• Doctor Octopus (3/5/5, lvl 450) (+1)
    • Star-Lord (3/5/5, lvl 452) (+2)

star star star star
    103 champions (+4):
    Agent Coulson (2x), America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Cat,  Black Panther, (2x) Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel (2x), Captain America, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger (2x), Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Human Torch, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Juggernaut, Karolina Dean, Karnak, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Magik, Maria Hill, Medusa, Miles Morales, Mockingbird,  M.O.D.O.K., Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Mysterio, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot (2x), Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Super-Skrull, Talos, Taskmaster, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie, Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture (2x), War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolfsbane, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    Maria Hill (level 286) and Super-Skrull (level 282) are championed. Kate, Riri and Mr. F have reached level 370. The duplicates of Agent Coulson and Black Panther are also done.

star star star
    Farming.

Future goals

Since I finally finished all classic 5* characters by championing Star-Lord and Doctor Octopus, I'm hoarding now until Havok leaves Latest Legends.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Black Duke said:

MAY 2020 EDITION

Day 1824

Roster slots: 305/305 (+2)

star star star star star
    41 champions (+3):
    Archangel, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (First Avenger), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Carnage, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Havok, Hawkeye, Hela, Iceman, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Mister Sinister, Okoye, Professor X, Rescue, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Star-Lord, Storm, Thanos, The Hulk (Bruce Banner), Thor, Wasp, Wolverine

Latest Legends

• Havok (5/3/5, lvl 453) (+2)
    • Immortal Hulk (1/1/3, lvl 330) (+5)
    • Yelena Belova (0/1/3, lvl 315) (+4)
    • (Apocalypse (3/2/3, lvl 375) (+8))

Classic Legends

• Doctor Octopus (3/5/5, lvl 450) (+1)
    • Star-Lord (3/5/5, lvl 452) (+2)

star star star star
    103 champions (+4):
    Agent Coulson (2x), America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Cat,  Black Panther, (2x) Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel (2x), Captain America, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger (2x), Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Human Torch, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Juggernaut, Karolina Dean, Karnak, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Magik, Maria Hill, Medusa, Miles Morales, Mockingbird,  M.O.D.O.K., Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Mysterio, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot (2x), Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Super-Skrull, Talos, Taskmaster, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie, Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture (2x), War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolfsbane, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    Maria Hill (level 286) and Super-Skrull (level 282) are championed. Kate, Riri and Mr. F have reached level 370. The duplicates of Agent Coulson and Black Panther are also done.

star star star
    Farming.

Future goals

Since I finally finished all classic 5* characters by championing Star-Lord and Doctor Octopus, I'm hoarding now until Havok leaves Latest Legends.

JUNE 2020 EDITION

Day 1842

Roster slots: 304/305 

star star star star star
    44 champions (+3):
    Apocalypse, Archangel, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (First Avenger), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Carnage, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Havok, Hawkeye, Hela, Iceman, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Mister Sinister, Okoye, Professor X, Rescue, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Star-Lord, Storm, Thanos, The Hulk (Bruce Banner), The Hulk (Immortal), Thor, Wasp, Wolverine, Yelena Belova

Latest Legends

• Immortal Hulk (5/3/5, lvl 455) (+13)
    • Yelena Belova (5/5/3, lvl 452) (+11)
    • Apocalypse (3/5/5, lvl 455) (+10)

star star star star
    106 champions (+3):
    Agent Coulson (2x), America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Cat,  Black Panther, (2x) Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel (2x), Captain America, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger (2x), Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Hellcat, Human Torch, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Juggernaut, Karolina Dean, Karnak, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw (2x), Luke Cage, Magik, Maria Hill, Medusa (2x), Miles Morales, Mockingbird,  M.O.D.O.K., Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Mysterio, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot (2x), Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Super-Skrull, Talos, Taskmaster, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie, Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture (2x), War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolfsbane, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    Hellcat (level 271) is my newest champion. Deadpool, Thor & Wasp joined club 370. My duplicates of Medusa & Lockjaw are championed.

Future goals

Since I currently have every 5* character championed (finally achieved my long-term goal, yeah!), I'm waiting for a new 5* trio to appear in Latest Legends.
  • spidyjedi84

SHIELD Level 171

Day 19?

Roster slots: 210/216

5 stars: Well, I finally did it. I progressed to 5 star land with just two champions to start: Prof X and Kitty Pryde. I was 50 shards away from Kitty's final 5 star cover via chasing shards when I got a 500 bonus shards for her, bringing me to champion level. I added the 5th cover to her purple, and man oh man is she another tier level of a character that benefits my PVE. I'm still chasing iHulk, Apocalypse and Yelena in 5 star draws from latests, and my Beta Ray Bill is one pull away from having 12 covers. He's who I'm targeting via shards now, however, so it will be another three months and he'll be champed. I'm still not rostered Onslaught, but everyone else is rostered at that tier. PVP has definitely gotten to be more of a challenge/slog, but since I only play for the 10 CP except on new character releases, I'm happy with the move on champing Kitty, as she has really saved my bacon in several PVE matches against countdown spammers.

4 stars: Talos finally made the climb, leaving me with just the two newest that aren't in covers (Legion and Hellcat) to have champed. Many of the roster is now over the 280 threshhold as well, with 315 being my top, top level of dudes.

3 stars: All 3-stars are still rostered. Hulk is the latest to tumble back down when I needed the HP and had a pretty substantially covered dupe to add covers to. Kamala and Thanos are next ones nearing the top of the heap. 

2 stars: Active farming continues.

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I am so close to getting to the point where I can start hoarding CP/LL. iHulk is at 11 covers with 815 shards. He's 4/4/3. I'm waiting to see if I can get one more cover from the LL store before applying those shards.

Yelena only has 4 (1/1/2) but Apocalypse is at 6 (0/5/1). My hope is that I can get Apoc fully covered by the time Yelena is out of the store so I can have a full release cycle hoarding. We will see though, having 5 red already scares me a bit. Funnily enough that's all I pulled the shards went to yellow cover.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today is 1 July. I haven't stepped into 5* land due to lack of iso-8.  :/

Day 919
    SR 155
    Champed 4*: 90 (+38)
    That's close to 14.4 mil iso-8.  :o

My plan for the next 6 months is to resist the urge to champ 4*.

Six months from now, on 1 Jan 2021, I hope I can save up enough iso-8 (~5.72 mil)  to champ 10 5* characters.

Moving on, I've finally transferred the records of my pulls from notepad to excel. Pulls before December 2018 and CPs used to purchase 3* powers were not recorded when I was still early in the game.

Pre-Shard pulls beginning from Dec 2018

Classic: 502 pulls
    16 4* BH (3.19%)
    4 5* BH (0.8%)
    63 5* (12.55%)
    LT: 422 pulls
    12 4* BH (2.84%)
    7 5* BH (1.66%)
    67 5* (15.88%)
    Special Stores: 29 pulls
    1 5* BH (3.45%)
    10 5* (34.48%)

Post-shard pulls (Late Nov 2019)
    Classic: 37 pulls
    5 5* (13.51%)
    LT: 449 pulls
    58 5* (12.92%)
    Special Stores: 69 pulls
    11 5* (15.94%)

Summary: 
    4* BH is better post-shard.
    5* BH is better pre-shard.
    5* pulls (LTs and Classics) are below average.
    5* pulls (all special stores) are above average (21.4%)

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why 10? Seems like an arbitrary number. 

I think you and I play the game similarly with regards to how we like to formulate teams and exhaust different combos for a character (though I imagine you’d be more likely to reach down a tier when looking at pairings then I would at this point). 
    I don’t know if you read my post on transitioning to the 5* tier, but I did it with all the meta at that time and then some (Thor, Okoye, Kitty, Jessica, Thanos, Daredevil). Looking back, that seems like too many. I was so enamored with the raw power of Thorkoye for offense, Gritty for defense and Thanos for PVE that Jessica barely got played. This awesome character was just sitting there. The rest of my 38 champs were leveled as the iso came in and/or the covers did (once I hit post-iso). 
    Leveling characters as I get the resources to complete them is a lot more fun than doing so in bulk. It’s like getting a new toy, and I can focus all my energy on that one character, creating fun combos. Whereas when you get a bunch of toys all at once that are equally shiny, you might find some collecting dust. If I could go back, I’d of just champed Daredevil as he’d be a fun single-5*. Then champ Thorkoye as soon as I got the iso. Then Kitty. Then Thanos. 
    Today, if I were you, I’d champ Kitty and play some single 5 MMR (something I never got to experience sadly), then BRB (That one team can get you to 1200 using barely any packs). Then Okoye and Hulk just to have the other meta.  Though one is really all you need for PVP. And any champ 5* will make PVE easier than it is currently. 
    How you talk about not needing all the 4*s to be competitive is also true for the 5*s.  Once you have your first team(s), then just champ others that interest you as you get the iso, same as you’ve done in every other tier. The 5* tier is not all that different and scary than any other. But I didn’t know that back then. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Currently, these 10 5* ranges from trash tier to meta tier. Looking at the current metas in 5* land, champing 10 5* would allow me to switch them around in PvPs.  

Theorising and then trying out different combos for each character is what make this game fun for me. I don't think I would have played MPQ  this long without this interest.

I thought of going with 1 champed 5* for a month before progressing to two champed 5* for a month and then finally going deeper into 5* land with 10 of them. Champing Kitty first crossed my mind but she's pretty niche. I like to start with someone non-meta and has a wider range of teams.
  • Daredevil217
    I agree, OJSP. The only caveat being that if he finds it unenjoyable, he’s not “stuck” (for long anyway) like a lot of people are and can just champ a couple more and move to full 5-land. I too am interested in your top 10 and the reasons why as well as those that didn’t make the cut and the reasons why. I don’t know if you’ve seen my 5* ranking guide, but I post some team combos in there beyond just “the meta” so it may or may not be helpful for you. 
  • HoundofShadow
    RNG being RNG means I can't really control the distribution of those 5* characters when I pull LT or Classic. For example, even though Prof X stayed in LTs the longest, but the number of covers that I drew for him is below average. The second factor is timing. Starting the game in late 2017 means 5* before end 2018 have poor coverage. 

I was thinking of starting with Carnage or Storm because they seem to have wider team choices, in terms of supportive and offensive abilities. 

• HoundofShadow
    Storm will definitely attract a lot of attention. I'll should be fine with that because my goal is to hit 1000 points and out. I will test either one of them (likely Carnage) for a few PvPs and see how big and how fast losses are coming in. 

• HoundofShadow
    I have been hopping around slices in PvPs and more or less get a feel of how things are. In slice 2 and slice 5, championed 5* can queue me when I hit 850. And some of them are closed to lvl 500 with multiple 5* champed. I have the same 5* players from these two slices attacking me repeatedly. I suppose that's what snipers are for in both slices. As for other slices, 1000 is still safe and attacks from 5* players are rare. And my highest 5* aren't even level 300.

As for no turning back, that's where 8 more 5* as reserves to tide things over are for. There's another 6 5* coming out, so my choice might change again. As of now, I'm settling on Carnage or Storm.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    @HoundofShadow Carbage is a lot of fun, but he is a teamslayer. I’d recommend if you want to experiment with single 5 mmr for a bit, somebody with some sustainability (true heal) will be most fun. Doom if you have him would be strong - he has a real nuke and is very survivable match to match.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    @HoundofShadow Carbage is a lot of fun, but he is a teamslayer. I’d recommend if you want to experiment with single 5 mmr for a bit, somebody with some sustainability (true heal) will be most fun. Doom if you have him would be strong - he has a real nuke and is very survivable match to match.
    Theoretically you could run Carbage with Medusa much like you run 4nage.  I'm not sure how sustainable that is.  The fact that he's not making as many friendly tiles as his 4* version (only sometimes making a strike) means you'd be using a lot more health packs.

I also would strongly advise against using Carbage as a first champed 5, but of course if you have 10 or so ready to champ it's not the worst mistake to make, I guess.

That said I'm not sure why Storm would be anyone's choice either.  She only really does well with a couple 5s (Bolt and/or 'bit) and while I haven't been in 4 land in a long time, I don't see any strong partner for her there.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    She goes well with anybody that has a strong black nuke, or anyone that wants charged tiles on play like Lady Thor, Lockjaw, and Worthy Cap, though of course all have better partners. She gives a lot of match-N potential and board control, but her powers aren’t the cheapest to do it.

@HoundofShadow I may have missed it, but did you list the available 5s you have someplace?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Carbage is the most usable of my unleveled 5s and I would say it’s just a little longer to ramp him up compared to his 4. I never fill the board with attack tiles using him, but if I ever bring a third tile maker when using Medusa, (like BRB, for example) I often get to the point where there’s no room to keep the 4 enemy tiles on the board. By the time an enemy drops a nuke, and if we survive it, Medusa can get whoever tanks the hit back up to full in a few turns at the longest. I have wondered who I will choose as my first 5* to level and Carbage is always on the list. The only frustrating thing about that duo is not being able to get rainbow actives. I’m sure there’s a B/Y/Bl user that I don’t have ready, but even W4sp will leave you susceptible to Yelena shenanigans if you aren’t careful.
     I personally would prefer someone with a little more versatility as my first leveled 5, since using Carbage is almost always a duo with Medusa or BRB. Surprisingly, M.O.D.O.K. Really shines at 5/5/3 with Carbage & Medusa.
  • HoundofShadow
    I thought of putting Dr Doom as my first 5* because of the reasons you stated. I just need to shift my focus to him. 

The reason for including Storm is because I find her abilities pretty good as a support, and I'm slightly biased towards characters who can do tile destructions. That probably explains why Carbage and Storm were chosen. Dr Doom has a pseudo-tile destruction ability: his yellow power guarantees at least one match, and often, it can cascade into multiple matches. Again, the timing that I broke my hoard also shaped the choice of my first 5-star.  

By end of October, I should be able to make up my mind.

November: single 5* MMR
    December: double 5* MMR
    Jan: 5* mmr
  • Daredevil217
    edited July 2020
    I thought of putting Dr Doom as my first 5* because of the reasons you stated. I just need to shift my focus to him. 

The reason for including Storm is because I find her abilities pretty good as a support, and I'm slightly biased towards characters who can do tile destructions. That probably explains why Carbage and Storm were chosen. Dr Doom has a pseudo-tile destruction ability: his yellow power guarantees at least one match, and often, it can cascade into multiple matches. Again, the timing that I broke my hoard also shaped the choice of my first 5-star.  

By end of October, I should be able to make up my mind.

November: single 5* MMR
    December: double 5* MMR
    Jan: 5* mmr
    I think double 5* MMR IS full 5* MMR, but someone else can feel free to correct me.

Who are your current available options, and are you more or less keeping up with current 5* releases?