**** Super-Skrull(Classic) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
edited May 2020 in Character Details

Super-Skrull (Classic)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Villains

"Super-Skrull is an unparalleled warrior and Skrull spy with the powers of all the Fantastic Four at his disposal. For years he has infiltrated our world through a combination of skillful shapeshifting and wicked manipulation. His time to rule has come!" 

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270
3779 Health / 13995 Health
 8 |  9 |  42 |  33 |  37 | 10 |  23 |  3.8x
 11 |  12 |  85 |  95 |  74 | 13 |  43 |  3.8x

Manifest Entity - 7  AP
With the tools of the future at his disposal, Super-Skrull transforms himself to take what's his. Super-Skrull draws on the powers of the Fantastic Four to convert 1 basic tile to Blue and fire one of four powers: Now You See Me, Absolutely Fantastic, The New Hotness, or The Next Big Thing. (Dev Note: The power chosen can be chosen each time this is fired, it does not transform into a single power)
  • Level 2: Converts 2 basic tiles to Blue.
  • Level 3: No change.
  • Level 4: No change.
  • Level 5: No change.
  • Now You See Me
  • ...Now you don't. Create 1 Yellow Invisibility tile targeting Super-Skrull.
    • Level 2: When these Invisibility tiles are matched or destroyed, deal 111 damage to the target. (Max Level 216 damage)
    • Level 3: No change.
    • Level 4: Create 2 Invisibility tiles.
    • Level 5: Create 3 Invisibility tiles.
  • Absolutely Fantastic
  • Morality is flexible. Creates 2 strength 9 Protect tiles, replacing any enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles before basic tiles. (Max level strength 18)
    • Level 2: Creates strength 17 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 34)
    • Level 3: Creates strength 32 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 63)
    • Level 4: Create 3 Protect tiles.
    • Level 5: Create 5 strength 42 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 85)
  • The New Hotness
  • Better get some ice on that. Create 1 1-turn Red Repeater that creates 2 strength 19 Attack tiles. (Max level strength 36)
    • Level 2: Create strength 23 Attack tiles. (Max level strength 43)
    • Level 3: Create 3 Attack tiles.
    • Level 4: Create 4 Attack tiles.
    • Level 5: Create 5 strength 29 Attack tiles. (Max level strength 56)
  • The Next Big Thing
  • Rock beats you. Repeatedly. Super-Skrull pummels the target 2 times for 222 damage each. If this power downs the target, create 2 strength 19 Black Attack tiles. (Max level 433 damage, strength 18 tiles)
    • Level 2: Pummels the target for 278 damage each. (Max level 541 damage)
    • Level 3: Damage the target 3 times.
    • Level 4: Pummels the target for 361 damage each. (Max level 704 damage)
    • Level 5: Pummels the target 3 times for 564 damage each and creates strength 29 Black Attack tiles. (Max level 1100 damage, strength 54 tiles)

Force Multiplier - 10  AP
Super-Skrull triggers a one-man chain reaction and leaves chaos in his wake. Destroys a random 3x3 block of tiles and deals 417 damage to the enemy team. For every friendly special tile destroyed, destroys an additional Blue basic tile on the board, dealing Damage and generating AP only for these tiles (Max 5). (Max level 812 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 611 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 1190 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 834 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 1624 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1205 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 2347 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 2002 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 3898 damage)
Inevitable Betrayal - 8  AP
Hidden behind the mask of a friend, Super-Skrull sows the seeds of distrust. Create a 3-turn Countdown tile that shapeshifts Super-Skrull into the target and steals a burst of 157 health from the target's allies each turn. When this Countdown tile expires, steal 1 Strike, Attack, or Protect tile from the enemy team.

(PASSIVE) If the enemy team fires a power while this Countdown exists, improve 3 random friendly Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles by a 65. (Max level 307 health, 126 improvement)

• Level 2: Steal a burst of 276 health and improve tiles by 93. (Max level 540 health, 180 improvement)
  • Level 3: Steal 2 tiles and improve tiles by 111. (Max level 214 improvement)
  • Level 4: Steal a burst of 369 health and improve tiles by 156. (Max level 721 health, 302 improvement)
  • Level 5: Steal 4 tiles and 691 health, and improve 5 tiles. (Max level 1351 health)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern

Store Offerings

Super-Skrull & Foes - April 12 - 18

• 80 Item Vault
    • Legendary token
    • 3x Beginner Support tokens
  • Random Super-Skrull (Classic) cover
  • 2x random 4-Stars (TBD):
  • 21x 3-Stars
    • 3x Featured
    • 18x Random
  • 52x 2-Stars
    • 10x Featured
    • 42x Random

Release Debut:

UNSTABLE ISO-8 - April 9 - 13

• Super-Skrull (Classic) In placement rewards

Featured Event:

THE HUNT - April 12 - 17

• Super-Skrull (Classic) as a progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Super-Skrull & Foes Vault

Versus Tournament:

All Four One - April 12 - 15

• Super-Skrull (Classic) as a progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Super-Skrull & Foes Vault

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    So many character releases...... 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX for this characters blue does it fire all abilities in order or is it random which ability it fires?

also I am going to guess super skrull as well
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Super Skrull! FINALLY! So happy to get him. Hope we see more FF4 characters!
  • IceIX
    wymtime said:
    @IceIX for this characters blue does it fire all abilities in order or is it random which ability it fires?

also I am going to guess super skrull as well
    You choose each time, similar to Professor X (Classic)'s choice.
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Is there going to be a Shield Training?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

As always, I will point out that additional growth in the 4* tier is a waste of time and resources for players and devs alike.  The 4* tier is dead.

As for this character, I guess there is a tendency to get complex when the tier is so full.  It's hard to see exactly how this character will play out in practice, but on paper I don't see this being part of the meta.  A potentially fine character to use when essential, and versatile enough to have some functional synergies, but I don't see them being part of some meta engine.  That green could be fun to use on a board covered in special tiles by something like carnage/BRB. But the color overlap with BRB would basically make bring this 4* a waste of time.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    must be for the empyre comic arc. maybe we'll get a free digital comic along with this Super Skrull.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feels overly complicated.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first ability is versatile and I find the first three powers to be useful, especially Overtake with Protect when you are dealing with tiles spammers. Invisibility is fired by blue power, instead of the usual purple. The red repeater looks sick, generating 5 attack tiles per turn.

The purple power would be nice to deal tile spammers like goons

It looks like 5/3/5 to me until the numbers are out.

For the second power, does it generate ap for friendly tiles and blue tiles destroyed? For example, 3x3 tiles destroyed contain all friendly special tiles and there are also 9 blue basic tiles. Do the players get 9 + 9 blue ap or only 9 blue ap? 

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    again with the own team damage/health drain. that's what, 4 out of the last 4-5 releases to have some variation of this mechanic? what gives here?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    I'm not quite sure why this was posted with the character hidden, less than 48 hours before the in-game event preview would fully reveal the new person, but I guess it gives people a reason to pay attention to the forum.

This mysterious character could be a sort of interesting choice with that versatile, and fairly cheap, blue.  I won't dislike using them in essentials, it seems.  Could be a fun PVP.

The 93rd (non-Limted) 4.....  Hey, that means the next 4* character will officially make the non-Limited 4 tier twice the size of the 3 tier. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    again with the own team damage/health drain. that's what, 4 out of the last 4-5 releases to have some variation of this mechanic? what gives here?
    @jredd
    I read that as you steal from the target's allies.  Kinda like Riri or 5 Cap not hitting the target directly.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    jredd said:
    @jredd
    I read that as you steal from the target's allies.  Kinda like Riri or 5 Cap not hitting the target directly.
    Yeah, i read it at first as "allies" of yourself, becuase that's so often the context, but the power description makes more sense if it means targeting enemy allies. @IceIX
    which is the correct read? is this targeting allied allies, or enemy allies?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    @jredd
    Yeah, i read it at first as "allies" of yourself, becuase that's so often the context, but the power description makes more sense if it means targeting enemy allies. @i@IceIX
    Also, if it targets the enemy's allies, does this mean you can't fire this if there's only one enemy standing? 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    jredd said:
    @jredd
    Yeah, i read it at first as "allies" of yourself, becuase that's so often the context, but the power description makes more sense if it means targeting enemy allies. @i@IceIX
    Also, if it targets the enemy's allies, does this mean you can't fire this if there's only one enemy standing? 
    Since it's a countdown effect, you can probably fire it, but it won't steal health if there is only one enemy left.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Super Skrull! Gotta be. Kinda wish he would have been a 5 though. If it is him of course.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Seems like a good job on power set for the supposed character.  

I'm not the guy the usually says this next part, though.

I can't see myself using him.  Only one passive, and it's not the best passive either, because it requires you firing off a 8 purple AP move first.

The other two abilities are active as well, and cost 7 and 10 AP respectively.  With all the cheaper options they've been pumping out (due to player demand, no doubt), I can't see a 7/10/8 AP character, with virtually no passive, being that useful.

That said, the only thing that came to mind is that 7 blue AP to make protects that overwrite enemy tiles.  Seems like an easy Bishop partner, to overwrite Gritty spam.  Bishop & BRB?  That way, BRB can make use of this dude's protects?  Of course, you wouldn't be able to run your own Gritty with this, then.  Maybe an Okoye to make use of the red repeater option?  Eh, probably not worth it, compared to options like Miguel.

Sorry -- I'm not usually a downer like this.  But as my own roster grows, I do try to find the usefulness of a character.  For MODOK, he had very cheap powers.  That's something you could play with.  On the flip side, it took very special circumstances for me to ever have a fun match with Namor.

If this is Super Skrull, at least he'll match the rest of the FF -- barely used.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2020
    PiMacleod said:
    ...  Maybe an Okoye to make use of the red repeater option?  
    Perhaps Okoye for the multi-hit "Damage / attack tiles on Down" option. 
    I'd expect more use of Kitty with the red repeater option.

7 / 10 / 8 isn't too bad though.  Boost some blue/purple AP prior to the match and you have a nice shortcut to his cheaper powers. 
    Overall seems like some clever utility here, not sure how fantastic the rest is until we see the damage numbers, like usual. 
    Definitely like the protect tiles over-write enemy specials option. You'll want his purple power CD to resolve first though, so you can steal enemy specials prior to over-writing the rest, I think.
  • IceIX
    jredd said:
    @jredd
    Since it's a countdown effect, you can probably fire it, but it won't steal health if there is only one enemy left.
    Correct. It fires, but can't steal since there are no enemy allies left. It steals only from enemies, not your own team.