Best of the new bunch?

Killjoy00
Killjoy00 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
About to finish off sabretooth and looking for my next bonus hero. I have everyone up to about domino champed so I’m looking at Magik, Worthy Cap, Hawkeye, Juggernaut. 

Any of the brand new 4*s worthy of a long term investment?

For background, I don’t have any 5* over 9 covers so happy to stay in 4* for now. Oh and I do have Bishop complete as well. 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Juggernaut is a monster in 4* land. Makes PvE go so much more quickly in combination with Strikes. HammerCap is more important in 5* land, and his best partner is 5Hawkeye, but he's got use against particularly nasty PvE foes even below that.
  • Killjoy00
    Juggernaut makes sense. I only have one cover sadly. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a big fan of 4* Hawkeye (Ronin) - if you run him with Gritty, he can be quite an asset. Adding three attack tiles with one red match, while still leaving the red for Kitty to use (to generate more attack tiles) is a good deal. His green also hits pretty hard when boosted by Kitty's strikes. Purple is overcosted, but it's at least a purple outlet for the team, and easy to set it at 3 covers and forget about it. Gritty+Ronin was my go-to Sim team for several seasons until I got 4Juggs up to fighting trim and wrecking faces. 
  • Killjoy00
    So ronin good but still behind juggs?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killjoy00 said:
    So ronin good but still behind juggs?

Pretty much, yeah. Ronin's only problem is dilution, really. He's a good character, but there's another who will serve the same purpose better.
  • Killjoy00
    Would it change anyone’s mind if you knew I had 5 Ronin covers, 4 Worthy Cap. But only one Jugg?  Long way to go to get him covered. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Even though you have only one cover for him, I would still target him. You will see many opponents using R4G and Juggernaut (plus Kitty/GotG) almost everywhere: PvP, Lightning Rounds and Shield Simulator. For PvE, this team is a beast and a good scarecrow in PvPs. Look forward to 20 to 25 minutes clear time in PvE SCL 7 with this team, if you don't have any team that can achieve this yet.

3* Magneto gives out a total of 600 juggernaut shards, so that might help just a little bit. 

For Cap Worth, he's useful in mostly higher level PvEs, with C4rol and tile spammers in PvP. In Shield Simulator, Cap Worth/C4rol/R4G can be quite common. Make a wrong move against this team and you could be eating about 6000 match damage next turn.

Ronin is quite okay. He can pump out three friendly attack tiles per red match. He can be good with Nico, since it's almost a guarantee that you will have more attack tiles than the opponent do. I don't find him interesting yet but he could work well with Magik. 

Magik is good with cheap power teammates, and if you like to craft out a playstyle that makes use of fortication.

You missed out Karnak, unless you got him champed. This guy gives out a strong protect tile if there isn't any until the 5th turn and then his match damage gets upgraded to 5* tier. On top of that, he pumps out 2 critical tiles passively when he transforms and you can spam another 3 critical tiles for 8 blue ap. His critical multiplier is one of the highest at 4.5x. I'm seeing him more frequently in Shield Simiulator and PvP, being teamed up with America Chavez and Bishop most of the time.

If I were you, I'll go Juggernaut, Karnak, Cap Worth. Ronin and Magik can be in any order after these three.
  • Killjoy00
    Thanks - had not considered Karnak. I have two covers for Karnak and 9 for magik. I will work on juggs for now though. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Karnak is insane. Juggs is great but Karnak can one shot champed 4*, I am getting more defensive wins off my Shield Team than expected with him in because he just goes from 0 to the enemy dead like that as soon as he finds that flaw.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just finished champing MODOK, it was strictly driven by how many saved covers I had on him. I do think though that his ability to put tons of red down on the board is good to have in your pocket for certain teams, and that it comes with some enemy specials you can use to kickstart a few other characters is also an interesting niche. I think Karnak is next up for me, if you have any 5*s at all, you really can't discount how many crits he adds to the board passively and actively.
  • Killjoy00
    I wanted to update this. Since posting, I've champed Juggs and Karnak (you guys are right, they are very very good). I was also able to champ Polaris and Magik.

After Cap Worthy's nerf, he didn't seem worth it.

Remaining on my list is Ronin, but is there anyone else worth it. Spiderman 2099, MODOK, Wolfsbane, Karolina Dean, Legion? Am I right about Cap Worthy?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    champ them all eventually, but i'd do Spiderman 2099 first, then it's 6 to 1, half dozen to the other what order from there, though Worthy post-nerf is my least favorite of that bunch. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Spiderman 2099 will be useful when you get Okoye, and is useful on the team with Miles and Spider-Gwen. Legion can come in handy if you're not able to complete the SHIELD training events--he can go invisible and deny AP, 2 abilities that are great for beating some of the harder nodes (like the one with Thing, Star-Lord, and Mordo). The others...only when you have the extra resources.
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Definitely go for Legion. He has his uses. 

Also, Thanos. Really useful right now with Polaris.
  • Killjoy00
    Yes, finishing Thanos now (12 1/2 covers).

Ok so how does this look as a ranking.

1. Spiderman 2099
    2. Legion
    3. Ronin
    4. MODOK

Others not prioritized now: Wolfsbane, Worthy Cap, Karolina Dean, Anti-Venom, Super-Skrull, Hellcat, NorthStar, Misty Knight, Negasonic, Black Cat

• Killjoy00
    With all the new shards, I finished Spidey 2099 and Legion.  And almost done with Ronin. Modok next I suppose! Wolfsbane too?