Garruk Wildspeaker Vanguard Duplicate Purchase 5 times in a Row!!!!!

2»

Comments

• TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I think that's why it was suggested the Rare packs should be changed to contain only non-dupe rare cards for the 120 jewel price. I think that's a good idea, personally... :)

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    mayor said:
    Another paywall deepening the chasm VIP created is the last thing we need now.
    😂😂😂😂

If you think VIP creates a “chasm” you’ve never really looked at the plans. 

Most of what I get from my VIP package is of absolutely no value to me at all, thus offers no game advantage and creates no “chasm”. 

I simply choose to spend $14.99 a month to financially support a game I’ve loved and played for 4 1/2 years (and I like the fancy profile stuff and deck slots). 
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    When one gets multiple mythics with one click when I need months to get (if I get), in a card collection game I call this chasm. When I say VIP I mean all the tactics involved to make it more appealing (increasing masterpieces number in set, etc, etc). Admitting you get no benefit from VIP means you consider most of the extra cards you get worthless (which tells something about design). Even If you defend this game's tactics every chance you get, you can't hide the obvious. You can laugh at me all you want, but selecting specific sentences to comment derails the whole point. You may be happy with the state the game's in, but I want better for this game, because I see the potential they don't.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    mayor said:
    When one gets multiple mythics with one click when I need months to get (if I get), in a card collection game I call this chasm. When I say VIP I mean all the tactics involved to make it more appealing (increasing masterpieces number in set, etc, etc). Admitting you get no benefit from VIP means you consider most of the extra cards you get worthless (which tells something about design). Even If you defend this game's tactics every chance you get, you can't hide the obvious. You can laugh at me all you want, but selecting specific sentences to comment derails the whole point. You may be happy with the state the game's in, but I want better for this game, because I see the potential they don't.
    You only get the mythics if you’re disciplined to get all of the rares first. It’s not like you pay money and MPs just rain down on you. 
  • bk1234
    jtwood said:
    mayor said:
    You only get the mythics if you’re disciplined to get all of the rares first. It’s not like you pay money and MPs just rain down on you. 
    ^^^ This. I have never had a VIP pack of just Mythics and MPs. 
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    As a free-to-play ALL my super packs till now rained down 5/5 mythics/MPs for me. Are you sure you love the game more than I do? The difference is that I don't see the money you pay invested in this game. Until now they didn't upgrade the experience. Where's the extra work reflected in the game? I simply don't trust them. Especially with the way they manage economy.
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    mayor said:
    As a free-to-play ALL my super packs till now rained down 5/5 mythics/MPs for me. Are you sure you love the game more than I do? The difference is that I don't see the money you pay invested in this game. Until now they didn't upgrade the experience. Where's the extra work reflected in the game? I simply don't trust them. Especially with the way they manage economy.
    Spreading Negative won't help.

On the other hand, I do see the improvement their team bring into game. No one is perfect. It's fine as long as people listen and improves. 
  • bk1234
    edited April 2020
    Kalazan said:
    mayor said:
    Spreading Negative won't help.

On the other hand, I do see the improvement their team bring into game. No one is perfect. It's fine as long as people listen and improves. 
    Considering when I started all we had was Story Mode, I’m going to say yes, I see a lot of work reflected in the money I spend in the game. 
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    edited April 2020
    I went against common senses and raged bought rare THB vanguard packs (120 jewels) 5 times, because it kept giving me the same Ajani, Mentor of Heroes card 4 times!

Losing resources was one thing, but the much worse thing was that it made me feel stupid and guilty. I felt I was being reckless and should have known better. Should I feel this way when I get conned? Is it really shame on me or shame on you?
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    "Honestly I view F2P players as non-customers. " 

I used to purchase the top VIP bundle once per new set to fill out all the cards after booster crafting and splashed some funds on new PWs. After the changes to these functions, the value does not meet the quality of the product. I stopped my angle in acquiring cards keeping the $50-$100 a set, sometimes more if I found the set juicy, until Oktagon provides a better value to the cards. So am I considered a non-customer now? To put a protective blanket over the game after some decisions like removing languages without no notice is a poor business decision. Sneaky at best. 

"If your boss..." yeah, that does not relate to someone not wanting to buy a product anymore because the value does not meet the customers satisfaction. Again , when you create an unstable game with rash changes to a game when people have made purchases recently without notice you create a volatile environment on the boards.

Now after that Oktagon has a difficult job trying to code over Hiberiums initial set up and if I remember correctly , Brigby once said they use a broad brush when applying new mechanics which makes it very hard to fix specific bugs. This leads to stacking a Jenga tower which will eventually topple or they start from scratch and re-start the game with a better base code. The re-start is a future investment as I'm hesitant in getting back into it as they could shut down the game without notice as they've shown with past decision making.

Just today I opened the game waiting for it to load to try out my new PW Ashiok and the game crashed after playing a saga card that destroys all your gems...

There will be always two sides to this with a great game and potential to lack of communication and blind-sided changes.

• bk1234
    edited April 2020
    bken1234 said:
    jtwood said:
    mayor said:
    ^^^ This. I have never had a VIP pack of just Mythics and MPs. 
    To add: I got a Vip pack this week with commons and uncommons!   :smile:

VIP is a nice way to support a game that does take up substatial resources on the dev/publisher side.

@mayor

I never got the vociferous zeal for F2P: there are people -working- on this game, don't you think they should be paid? You speak of -extra- work as if the devs should put in a certain amount of work into the game for free and that getting paid means working beyond that.

I wonder what you'd say if your boss would tell you:
    "You have to work six hours a day, but I wont pay you. and if your work isnt good enough i'll complain loudly. Now if, and only if, i decide to pay you I'll expect you to work more, harder and longer hours. You can start today. "

Honestly I view F2P players as non-customers. 

Now -new- players that do pay could do with a bit of help I thnk, but then again, I quit the game for half a year and started over in standard from Eldraine and i'm collecting a suitable collection, so, i think the chasm is more of a gap that can be crossed.....

🙌 

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2020
    Aeroplane said:

"If your boss..." yeah, that does not relate to someone not wanting to buy a product anymore because the value does not meet the customers satisfaction. Again , when you create an unstable game with rash changes to a game when people have made purchases recently without notice you create a volatile environment on the boards.

It does relate to this game... because you are still playing it. 

In my view, if you don't play, you lose the right to complain. 

You don't go the baker, get a free bread for some reason and then complain that it was baked wrong would you???

If it were me the game would be pay to play only. The downside to that is that there would be less players for paying players to play with/against
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Aeroplane said:

You don't go the baker, get a free bread for some reason and then complain that it was baked wrong would you???

If it were me the game would be pay to play only. The downside to that is that there would be less players for paying players to play with/against
    People can say whatever they would like to say as long as its not offensive, the baker would like to know that his bread is overcooked or doughy as he's tarnishing his image to sell products in the future and lastly you proved that F2P players are important to the game to flesh out , I'm assuming here, coalitions and events. If it were pay only the game would die very quickly. We can agree to disagree, yes?
     To be clear , I believe Oktagon is trying to do its best with what little resources they have and the poor coding they were dealt with , but there marketing decisions have been suspect and probably have had a negative impact. I see all the fringe players who threw some money at the game with a VIP purchase here and there step back after looking at the percentages of acquiring good cards. There is no point in paying for dupes when your booster crafting orbs will stack up after until the next set and pinks are not worth spending until you booster craft mythics. I used to pay for a VIP to fill out the masterpieces , but now there is no value at all in it now. The numbers just don't add up.
  • bk1234
    Aeroplane said:
    Aeroplane said:

People can say whatever they would like to say as long as its not offensive, the baker would like to know that his bread is overcooked or doughy as he's tarnishing his image to sell products in the future and lastly you proved that F2P players are important to the game to flesh out , I'm assuming here, coalitions and events. If it were pay only the game would die very quickly. We can agree to disagree, yes?
     To be clear , I believe Oktagon is trying to do its best with what little resources they have and the poor coding they were dealt with , but there marketing decisions have been suspect and probably have had a negative impact. I see all the fringe players who threw some money at the game with a VIP purchase here and there step back after looking at the percentages of acquiring good cards. There is no point in paying for dupes when your booster crafting orbs will stack up after until the next set and pinks are not worth spending until you booster craft mythics. I used to pay for a VIP to fill out the masterpieces , but now there is no value at all in it now. The numbers just don't add up.
    I would like to clear something up for everyone — I’ve done this in the past, but perhaps we are forgetting —

Oktagon doesn’t control the money, D3Go! does. 

Oktagon is the developers. They control the development, and support — and by some grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in 2020 they’ve also been given some degree of control of the community with the presence of the lovely Marcela, but D3Go! still controls the business of MtGPQ. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor

. We can agree to disagree, yes?

There is no point in paying for dupes when your booster crafting orbs will stack up after until the next set and pinks are not worth spending until you booster craft mythics. I used to pay for a VIP to fill out the masterpieces , but now there is no value at all in it now. The numbers just don't add up.
    Let's agree to disagree. 

It's mostly that I find the sense of entitlement of some f2p players offensive. There is a difference between making suggestions and being vociferous. (in general, not pointing at you) 

That last remark of you I agree with whole heartedly.

I think anything bought with pinks should be non dupe. 

It's exactly why I ignore the vanguards unless I can get them through fbltlbltl
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

@andrewvanmarle said:
    (Quote)
    Let's agree to disagree. 

It's mostly that I find the sense of entitlement of some f2p players offensive. There is a difference between making suggestions and being vociferous. (in general, not pointing at you) 

That last remark of you I agree with whole heartedly.

I think anything bought with pinks should be non dupe. 

It's exactly why I ignore the vanguards unless I can get them through fbltlbltl

Exactly!
    Because I cannot have all the Vanguards, I simply stopped chasing them. Vanguards are not mandatory in this game, with a few exceptions, and thus I don't miss them. And pinks are too hard to get to throw them away for dupes which only give 100 Orbs.
    Without wanting it, maybe without realizing it, D3Go broke the whole collecting side of this game.
    I'm a collector at heart. I have a lot of MTG paper cards, and I tried to have every card in MTGPQ. The exclusives made it hard, but the "you'll get 10 time the same" rare vanguards makes it impossible.
    And so I stopped. I'll still try to get as many cards as I can, but it's not the same, and I'll just keep on ignoring vanguards...
    It's fascinating how, update after update, they make this game more frustrating for the hard-core base. The game does get better, but the whole business side is not OK.