How does Godsend work? [Investigating]

redryder
redryder Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
The card text says when the first creature blocks the attacking creature is exiled. I have a creature with defender out, but it still exchanges damage with the attacker and both are killed. I don’t know if the attacker is exiled after dealing damage or not since I can’t see Greg’s graveyard. Is this working as designed or is the attacker supposed to be exiled before dealing damage ?

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello @redryder
    Thank you for the feedback.
    This issue is now under investigation.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    as I understand it, it allows for damage dealing to take first  then it exiles the opposing unit even if it dies.  The damage dealing step I think balances out what would otherwise be a very powerful relic, enough so that it would be considered an auto-add. Thankfully the devs made this one with some balance for the sake the game.
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Don't forget it is a MASTERPIECE and with its on Paper version " Whenever equipped creature blocks or becomes blocked by one or more creatures, you may exile one of those creatures." (https://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/journey-into-nyx/godsend ). It exiles the blocking creature before exchanging damage.
    Anyway, there are so much powerful cards in game already, people have ways to deal with them.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Bugs & Technical Issues BK