What’s in it for us???

Options
PeeOne
PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
So I’ve got to say I’m a little peeved at the devs.

Shield training gone... the gauntlet gone... boss events... evaporated at the current time February 6th was the last.

I have just celebrated (?!?!) my 5th anniversary if MPQ!!! I have invested time and money into the game had some fun and some horror events in that time...

Right now the world is going into lockdown... trapped in our homes lots of time to kill and what do we get... Nothing!! 

Other games I play have given its players free play time and boosts and gifts because they know we are all struggling.

Some have suggested back to back boss events... while all I’ve seen is more offers where if I spend a fortune I will get a few covers.

2,000,000 people in Australia were terminated from their employment on the same day that stage 1 restrictions were enforced - I log in to see an offer that will cost me $65.

are you serious??! 

Comments

• Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    PeeOne said:
    So I’ve got to say I’m a little peeved at the devs.

Shield training gone... the gauntlet gone... boss events... evaporated at the current time February 6th was the last.

I have just celebrated (?!?!) my 5th anniversary if MPQ!!! I have invested time and money into the game had some fun and some horror events in that time...

Right now the world is going into lockdown... trapped in our homes lots of time to kill and what do we get... Nothing!! 

Other games I play have given its players free play time and boosts and gifts because they know we are all struggling.

Some have suggested back to back boss events... while all I’ve seen is more offers where if I spend a fortune I will get a few covers.

2,000,000 people in Australia were terminated from their employment on the same day that stage 1 restrictions were enforced - I log in to see an offer that will cost me $65.

are you serious??! 
    I don't play many other games but the ones I have all have the same number of bundles and offers showing as always.  It's still a business and there are still people out there that are working and even if they aren't have money.  This game is a little different than other games that limit playing time in that you can pretty much play as much as you want whenever you want.  The devs might be dealing with as much if not more then you are, you don't know, so whining about not getting free stuff left and right might not be the best way to go here.  Besides if you are that desperate for things to do instead of trying to play a mobile game 24/7 maybe it's a good time to start are productive hobby? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also food for thought:

https://www.gamesradar.com/video-game-coronavirus-relief-efforts/

Maybe think about how you can help instead of expecting freebies etc.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hey we just got a Niko (she’s a healer) and a support , you know? For support. They forgot to give us a few health packs , anyway, not looking a gift horse in the mouth....

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They don’t really have to give us anything. They are probably just as stressed as anyone else during these times. Throwing a few little gifts here and there to show they are recognizing and supporting our hard time is more good will than many businesses are offering. 

I’m sure they are losing money, like most companies and they must make an effort to still bring in revenue, hence the bundle...which is entirely optional for play.

We could probably cut them some slack during all of this as well. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    Hey we just got a Niko (she’s a healer) and a support , you know? For support. They forgot to give us a few health packs , anyway, not looking a gift horse in the mouth....

Actually they did give us health packs it just came earlier than the other two.
    03/20 – 03/27: 10x Health Pack Giveaways

• Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A while back there was a poll where the majority picked character buffs for the weak characters. Hopefully they are working on that if they are working at all.  Job one is to stay safe.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Also food for thought:

https://www.gamesradar.com/video-game-coronavirus-relief-efforts/

Maybe think about how you can help instead of expecting freebies etc.
    Because the assumption is I’m doing nothing to help fight? 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I get both sides of the argument some of you are trying to make. However given what's going on, it does seem like they've been churning out quite a few more offers than usual, some pretty expensive.

They could maybe offer some deals that are too good to pass up as far as a lower price point and strong return, so the company and players both make out. Although with all the support many of have given them for years already, it wouldn't kill them to hand out a free LL or classic token in good faith to boost some people's spirits a bit. 

For a lot of people, generosity shown in tough times like this very well might lead to them making more purchases down the road. Knowing a company went out of their way to do a little something to help, it's good for business once things get better. People will remember companies that may have shown some generosity and those who didn't. 
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I’d buy micro transactions on this old match 3 but $20 or dang $75 is so nuts.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I, for one, am grateful for the people that can still afford these bundles, because they are providing the funding that lets the devs keep the game going. Doubly-so that the devs are capable of doing it in the first place, and are not sequestered or waylaid with all that's going on right now.

I also cross my fingers that bosses have been sidelined to adjust rewards tables to account for shards, and will make a return sooner rather than later (a "boss rush 2.0" that consists of every boss back to back would be fun for community spirits right now, regardless of the rewards), but I won't begrudge the good luck that we have that MPQ is able to function at all in these trying times.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OMG, OMG, like, I know there's, like people totally dying and stuff and people, like, losing their jobs, old people lining up a grocery stores for scraps, and the world is potentially on the verge of economic collapse, but really, why hasn't someone thought of MY NEEDS FOR ONCE!