Carnage new update

Options
Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
With today new update, valkyrie and carnage5  passives start on the first turn.
However, on carnage this is not the advantage I thought it would be.
The way proceeds right now is carnage doing knull and void on first place, then the enemy adds his special tiles.
This way carnage is giving 2 special tiles no matter how many tiles the enemy would had.
Fighting kitty and rocket that is a huge help for the enemy  and leaves carnage in a really weak position.
I hope this issue could be fixed or returning him to his previous state if not. Thanks

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This isn't really a bug...it was the intended design.

I agree it makes him harder to fight/more effective on defense.
  • Bad
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    This isn't really a bug...it was the intended design.

I agree it makes him harder to fight/more effective on defense.
    Yes it is.
    But carnage adds 2 atack tiles if the enemy doesnt has.
    But the enemy indeed it has, so starting first his passive renders useless. 
    And gives kitty a huge advantage of her first turn.
    Same will happen fighting mindless, carnage gives them 2 atack tiles for the mindless can crush you with their strong strike tile on their first turn.
    I though carnage would start his extra move right from the start but is the opposite this way, and being kitty the meta now its crazy the disavantadge he gets
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I fought against Carnage in Loki's LR with BRB and the enemy Carnage made a move before my turn. Is this intended? I was really suprised so I didn't pay attention but I think the move did not damage my team but his.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I fought against Carnage in Loki's LR with BRB and the enemy Carnage made a move before my turn. Is this intended? I was really suprised so I didn't pay attention but I think the move did not damage my team but his.
    Again....not a bug.

But anyway.....Knull and Void activates first turn now, so if you take BRB in with his 4 protects at start, then Carnage will make his free match and create a strike tile.
  • Bad
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Again....not a bug.

But anyway.....Knull and Void activates first turn now, so if you take BRB in with his 4 protects at start, then Carnage will make his free match and create a strike tile.
    No. He starts first, so the board is empty. He always adds 2 atack tiles and then the enemy deploys all of his
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Again....not a bug.

It may not be a bug but it's incredibly annoying.

This happened to me in the Bagman event and he stole a match 5 that I should have gotten. Clearly you can't use Grocket against Carbage unless you want to risk losing an opening match 5.

KGB
  • Bad
    Options
    Its not a bug but its not right that carnage gives tiles if the enemy is about to deploy them. Its not logical and its a flaw of programing that can cost the outcome of the battle 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It does seem a bug to me. If you are playing against Carnage, he makes a match that damages his own team. That doesn't seem right.
  • bluewolf
    edited April 2020
    Options
    There is no way they intentionally made Carnage able to take your first match before you've done a single thing.  Right?

Because man that would suck.

I also saw this.  Took BRBitty vs BRBnage and the AI made a match immediately before I could do anything.  (Other than watching all the specials being placed.)

EDIT:  The turn 0 match does dmg vs the AI and gives you AP.  So it benefits you......  Leave it in if you want, devs.   :D
  • Bad
    Options
    Now that is a real bug. I havent fight carnage yet.
    So: in ofense the difficulty of fighting kitty is double gifting her 2 atack tiles, and in defense he damages her own team and gifts AP to the player.
    If this issue could not be fixed, better to leave him as it was before.
    Or I will lose one mvp for pvp.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    Options
    i find it hard to believe the current behavior is the intended one, since it's so asymmetric:
    you use grocket/brb+kitty to attack carnage - ai gets a free match and strike tile before the match starts. (->intended, to my mind).
    you use carbage to attack brb/grocket+kitty - no match for you, ai gets two free attacks to make it that much harder. this makes no sense, since carbage seems to be designed to take that kind of team.

no idea how to fix it though
  • Bad
    Options
    Right now it seems carnage damaging himself and gifting AP is fixed. 
    Still remains gifting 2 tiles when the enemy is about to spam theirs.