Fathom Mage behaves very strangely [Investigating]

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
If you have an effect that buffs creatures on draw (Jace Unraveler's Ult, Walking Archive...ect) and a Fathom Mage out the effects loop.  This is expected, and perfectly fine.

What is not expected is the battle continues while the effect is still ongoing

So it has happened that my creatures are still being buffed while they are in the process of attacking, meaning they deal less damage than they are supposed to (since my first creature attacks before all buffs are applied to it).  Sometimes I draw 2 cards simultaneously because my opponent's turn ended before the cycle ended and the game tried to do my draw step in the middle of the loop.

I don't know what's going on here, but something is definitely not right.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Yeah, I brought this up in a previous thread.
    gameplay doesn’t pause as she gets buffed and abilities are triggered. Especially with walking archive. They bounce off each other quite well, but since fathom Mage doesn’t pause the gameplay as she gets her buffs, other actions can begin and okay simultaneously. 
    Even in the opponents side. And even if you kill the opponent, the game still goes on and you can kill the opponent multiple times, causing an SWW.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the reports. I'll pass this along to the team for review. 
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    I've noticed this for some time now and figured it was a bug...but my silver lining was that I liked the sped-up animations.
    Not having the card draw action and buff animatics slow down progress was sort of nice.

• Mburn7
    Still happening, just FYI.  
  • Mburn7
    Hahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I just tried this with Serum Powder with Jace 2.  I wish I caught it on video it was the most crazy and chaotic thing I've ever seen. It took up two full turns looping, with random cards flashing up on my screen so much that I almost couldn't use the next Serum Powder.  Took a full 30 seconds to finish all the triggers after I stopped drawing, before I matched any gems on my NEXT turn after I started the madness.

Please either fix, or make every static effect like this.  Chaos is all fun and good in a game, but only if its expected.
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Hahahahaha

Had to try and it indeed looks like total anarchy! Faced a Koth and he, in the middle of my animations, used his first as well, then when my turn long started, the previous turn only finished animating. Insane
  • Mburn7
    Logged on to try this Hydra event that everyone was talking about (pretty solid event, I will say).
    Discovered that this is still happening.
    Any updates on it @Oktagon_Support?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Mburn7
    Thank you for the feedback.
    I will verify where's this being investigated to see what's happening.

Thank you so much,
    Marcela.