RAW: Finale of Revelation causes softlock when played by ai/opponent [Fixed]

Options
naabaldan
naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
Opponent play finale of revelation with 6 cards in hand so one slot is freed and filled. than the softlock appeared.
The 4.0.1 fixed arrieved very fast leaving all those app crashes and softlocks in the game. Now we need 4.0.2 to get rid of those realy annoying softlocks.
While we are trying to support our coalition at our best by playing perfect, those softlocks are like "sorry guys, only the lucky ones can score perfect and your aren't lucky enough".
You are investigating and confirming, how about fixing and apologizing?

Comments

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It looks like many players have finale of revelation in their decks. This softlock happens way to often!
    Battle log:
    Finale of Revelation was cast by ... (opponent)
    ... (opponent) drew a card (6. card)
    Finale of Revelation was triggered (mana is added to the card drawn)
    Softlock
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Trouble is it’s such a bloody useful card in this events allowed sets
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not again, sigh...
    My first match in The Great Tournament, opponent casts Finale of Revelation, all ok. A few turns later, he casts it again, freeze. @oktagon_support, can you please fix this asap? It's very infuriating to lose matches, let along during a team event, let alone during your FIRST match. What's the status on the freeze / softlock recovery system?
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just had this happen to me.  It really sucks because I was just about to finish the Ai off.  
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Just had this happen to me.  It really sucks because I was just about to finish the Ai off.  

Take a screenshot. Request compensation at the end of the event if this loss would have pushed you out of a bracket. It's a pain and a lot of work to stay on them about it, but they will eventually give something if you present enough evidence that the bug actually impacted your rewards. Frankly, I've done it a couple times just so I can get some catharsis about making their life as awful as they make mine. It's not a healthy attitude, but sometimes you need some method to vent.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The impact of crashes and freezes on the game experience can sometimes be more significant than the rewards (especially in TGT :tongue:).  Screenshot is good advice regardless, because it helps Oktagon to track down the bug.

What we know:
    • Symptom is a soft-lock (swirly spell animation continues to animate)
    • Caused by several Finale spells. I've seen screenshots of battle logs for freezes on the following: Finale of Promise (red), Finale of Revelation (blue), Finale of Devastation (green).  (I've also seen a report of soft lock when opponent cast Days Undoing; may be the same or a different issue)
    • Only happens when opponent casts one of these spells, not the player
    • Doesn't happen every time opponent casts one of these spells, only sometimes
    • Seems to generally occur when opponent's hand is full (but may or may not be caused by that)

Appears to be the same bug as: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81564/

Screenshots from my freeze:

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello guys,

Thank you so much for the feedbacks and for your patience.
    This issue is alreadu under investigation, I will add all these informations in order to help the team.
  • DerekRogers
    DerekRogers Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    To provide a little more insight on this matter of something that I have noticed during my testing over the last week.

4 of the 5 finales exile the card from play (the white one does not)

When casting these cards from hand; if you have a jump start card in the graveyard those cards will gain mana off of any of the 4 finales.

Is this behavior the way its supposed to act? If anyone has anymore information please let me know...

Seems to me this is improper as you are casting the the card from hand and not exiling. 

Also Bolas Citadel performs the same way when casting 4 of the 5 (maybe a different thread? But I suspect it's connected to the same). If you cast a finale while Citadel is on the board you still take the damage from the suspected "exiled" card.

I was playing RaW earlier and opponent casted finale of Revelation earlier and it didnt soft lock my game. It was earlier in the match, turn 5 to be exact. My theory is that it is connected to giving mana to jumpstart cards in the graveyard. My question is would the AI be able to use this ability or is that how the soft lock is occuring?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @DerekRogers
    Thank you for the insight, I will add this information to our investigation.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just had a lock from this in the awakened inferno event - have screen shots if you need them.
  • CheeksMagunda
    CheeksMagunda Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It isn't just the Finales doing the exile shenanigans. Golos pulled a Shefet Monitor into exile for me and triggered its cycling effect; drained mana, converted gems, the whole shebang. It's almost as if the game isn't recognizing different aspects of "exiling" a card, just recognizing that it enters the zone and checks abilities directly tied to it.

The soft lock though, yeah, that's just ****. 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The finales themselves are not bugged persay it's the exile effect that usually interfere with any jumpstart and or buried that maybe run with them.  Although devastation can crash all on it's own even without jump or buried.  They are due to be fixed with the next update. 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What @DerekRogers said. :)