Options
zeddicus
zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
Which characters  make most tiles? Especially  at start of battle. Thanks

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What goals are you trying to accomplish?
    Are you talking about PvPs or PvEs?
    Without these information, it's difficult to help you.

Carn4ge and Prowler is the fastest team to create fortified tiles: two fortified enemy tiles per turn.

Shuri can create six fortified tiles for 8 red ap.

There are others like Emma, Magik, Goblin, 5* Hawkeye etc.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Nobody starts with anything fortified I'm aware of; Goblin/BRB or Goblin/4ocket are probably your best start-of-battle options.

Maybe add or swap in Hawkeye over Goblin, not sure who off the top of my head fortifies more passively between the two.

Over time, P4nther's yellow will flood a board with fortified tiles. Between him, Shuri, and BRB, you can get a lot of fortifications out in relatively short order. BRB for the seed protects and the blue ap earn any time you match them, then you fire off P4nther's blue to get enough fortifications out on the board to fire off Shuri's red for cheaper than normal, and from there it ought to be reasonably self sustaining with a lot of per-match bonus damage with AP gain.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Goblin and 5* Hawkeye can both passive fortify existing countdown tiles (Goblin can do the same for repeaters), up to 3 per turn.  Prowler passively fortifies enemy tiles.

And there also a bunch of active powers that can do it, split broadly into two categories:

(1) Powers that a create 1 or more fortified special tiles (e.g., 4* carol black, or BRB blue), and

(2) Powers that fortify existing special tiles (4* cage yellow, shuri red).

There are a bunch of variations too, like 4* cage can only fortify SAP tiles, while Shuri can fortify any friendly special tile, and 4* BP creates an unfortified repeater tile that then creates 3 fortified SAP tiles every 2 turns, or 4* torch who passively fortifies tiles whenever you use an active power, so the right character choice really depends on what you are trying to do.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are primarily playing PVE, then there are supports that fortify as well.  Not sure which ones you have etc, but look into that.

Passive fortification is a very rare thing for characters in general.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, totally missed that Goblin/HE only do it with CDs and Repeaters;  in that case, Bishop/P4nther might be your fastest way to fortification-spam. Make a blue match, Bishop eats some damage on their turn, fire off Kinetic Shield to get 4x fortified SAPs by player turn 2. I don't think C4rnage makes attacks at battle start, does he? you'd be on player turn 3 with Prowler that way.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Yeah, I play plenty of supports that fortify A ) at the start of a turn, or B ) when the character makes a match.

It helps a lot for PvE, when I use teams like Prof 5*, where match 4+s can take away my stuff, or even my Kitty based teams, when all that's available to match is my own tiles, but there's a chance that they're already fortified.

For PvP, I love using Goblin with repeater makers, when I'm not attacking a 'meta' team.  Goblin with Iceman, for instance, so all his blues and greens stick around so much longer.  Lots of fortification there... hmm... maybe i should've tried that with Shuri already.  :)  I almost always put Vulture, or even 5* Carol  as the 3rd, just to help make more AP, but never thought of Shuri until these posts.
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks. Was looking to use shuri in anything. I try to use most 4 stars.