Millions of ISO and can’t do anything with them

prudie
prudie Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
I have 15 going on 16 million iso and nothing to level. Can’t buy tokens with it, can’t buy health packs , can’t sell it can’t exchange it for HP.

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can donate it to me. I only have like 29k.
  • prudie
    prudie Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Since when it can be donated 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well... lets pretend you could.  I'll take a donation too.  I have 5k (just champed Northstar... got Karolina, Miguel, and Wolfsbane waiting to be fed ISO so they can champ up).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the dev team have explicitly said that they are aware of 'post-iso' as a problem for a small group of veteran players, and are looking at ways to fix the problem.  Let's hope their eventual solution isn't a(nother?) blanket nerf to iso income. . .
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    I think the dev team have explicitly said that they are aware of 'post-iso' as a problem for a small group of veteran players, and are looking at ways to fix the problem.  Let's hope their eventual solution isn't a(nother?) blanket nerf to iso income. . .
    i wouldn't be surprised if it was.

They don't wanna give out more resources.  That's a given that we all know.  Opening a store to spend ISO on, even if it was for Standard tokens, is another resource.  Shards, and occasional 3* covers to gain there.

So, I don't see THAT happening.

But if they were to put a strangle hold on ISO, thus causing MORE of us to feel the crunch, then maybe we'd spend on those ISO packs???

...I wouldn't.  I'd probably just be more disengaged.

However, what else would they do?  Besides leave it as it is.  Which, TBH, is what I think they will do.  Better to have a small, already long-time-invested set of people worry about TOO MUCH of a good thing, then to aggravate an entire other sector of players.

Yes, I understand that long-term players/vets spend money too.  But I don't think they want to give out more resources... as we've seen in the past.

Maybe I'm wrong...
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Every game you play long enough has a resource you end up with tons of and nothing to do with it.
    For MPQ as hard as it is to believe there is a time when you have enough Iso-8 and start accumulating it.
    I'm getting close to 50M and have no expectation they will give me someplace to use it.
    I'm about to go Super Post-Iso as all of my supports are max level and I'm almost to 1M Red Iso.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 93 Match Maker
    prudie said:
    I have 15 going on 16 million iso and nothing to level. Can’t buy tokens with it, can’t buy health packs , can’t sell it can’t exchange it for HP.

I mean this with the absolute most respect, but so what? ISO usage typically is determined by how you chase characters. I have alliance mates with almost a shortage because they love to chase every character and have played longer than me. But, I have almost 9 million ISO because I only chase the characters I want. Which category are you in? It makes a difference.

-Jago
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Said it before, but... They should open up roster slots for 1mil iso, or even 2 or 3mil. It should be an absurdly high number, but one that people who are post-iso can take advantage of to get a little something. You could even put a limit on it so it only unlocks as an option after you've rostered 200 characters or something. I know they want people buying HP.
  • Vhailorx
    Borstock said:
    Said it before, but... They should open up roster slots for 1mil iso, or even 2 or 3mil. It should be an absurdly high number, but one that people who are post-iso can take advantage of to get a little something. You could even put a limit on it so it only unlocks as an option after you've rostered 200 characters or something. I know they want people buying HP.
    Add something to the h4h store front?  A weekly or monthly pack that is a bundle of roster slots and a few (non-legendary) tokens for something like 10mil iso. 

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then people would complain about the value of those offers using the dollars to iso exchange rate on the cash store...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Then people would complain about the value of those offers using the dollars to iso exchange rate on the cash store...

People are going to complain no matter what happens. I really don't care.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Wait! Is that a complaint about people complaining about anything...

My hat is off to you. That is super meta. 
    🤯

Alternatively you were just venting. In that case, carry on. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Go spend enough to build more dupes and you can find an outlet for that iso? Maybe? 

Don’t play now, for goodness sake!  Double iso everywhere!

😉
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Spend it on ap boosts and skipping Bishop teams in pvp. See, use your imagination lol
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    How does one define Post-iso?  I would define it as a player with every available cover fully champed.  That is an impossible task for nearly every player because of the near impossibility of fully covering classic 5 stars. Post-iso feels like a problem for a very small number of the player base.  With all the other issues facing the devs, this just seems like a waste of time.  However, I would not rule out the possibility that something gets done about it.  I say that because players that are post-iso have probably spent a small fortune on this game.  Money talks.  If they can find a method to help you spend your iso and your real money then something would change.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    How does one define Post-iso?  I would define it as a player with every available cover fully champed.  That is an impossible task for nearly every player because of the near impossibility of fully covering classic 5 stars. Post-iso feels like a problem for a very small number of the player base.  With all the other issues facing the devs, this just seems like a waste of time.  However, I would not rule out the possibility that something gets done about it.  I say that because players that are post-iso have probably spent a small fortune on this game.  Money talks.  If they can find a method to help you spend your iso and your real money then something would change.
    You can be post Iso without the covers if you have enough iso to cover them IF they were to land in your lap. The people with 15-20 mil sitting there are definitely post-iso, so it’s not impossible. 

All the characters I can level up are leveled/champed (except 5Thor of course), and I have 2.5 million iso in the bank. That’s enough to bring Hulk, Havok and Sinister (my next hoard break) plus Maria Hill up to champ status when/if I get the covers. I’m pretty much post-iso in the sense that I can champ characters as soon as I cover them, but not at the level that I could champ everyone if my entire roster his 13 tomorrow. 

If I got up to 13 covers on everyone it’d cost me about 3.8 million iso. So 1.3 left to go!  But like you said, they are hard to come by. So the pressure is off on the iso front and has been a little while now. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited March 2020
    Truly post-iso means 2 things to me:

(1) all characters are rostered and leveled to the softcap for their current cover status.

(2) iso income rate exceeds cover income rate, so that each character may immediately be leveled to the new soft cap whenever a new cover is applied (including new releases).

If you meet these criteria, then iso is no longer a constraint on your roster progress in any way.

This is an extreme position, and only applies to a tiny fraction of players.

There are also a lot of vets who are effectively post-iso like me.  I have a stash that fluctuates between 3 and 8 million.  I can always level anyone that I think is worth leveling, but I would also need several million more iso to actually level everyone in my roster.  But my 7 cover banner is just a waste of iso right now, so leaving him at 255 costs me nothing and lowers the pressure on my iso.  So i am more or less unconcerned by iso at this point, even if I am not truly post-iso.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    I think they should offer deals like 2 million iso for 20 LL tokens or something.  Allow some sort of conversion once every few months or so, 1 purchase per account like many of their other HfH deals.  
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    What’s a soft cap?

Clocking in at almost every 5 champed, all 4s champed, some dupe 4s champed, a full working 3 and 2*’farm and I still have over 16 million.

i say bring on those iso purchasable roster slots.