Give us an update w/ Character release order & Feeder updates

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
So the new character release order seems to be: 4 (Karnak), 5 (Havoc), 4 (M.Hill), 5(Immort.Hulk).

Will this be the sequence in the near future, or just temporarily here for a little while.  I'd be nice to know, to plan leveling up my roster in the future.

And with that same train of though, any idea when new feeders will be announced?  It is the end of the season shortly.

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah right, they will get right on it 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    You forgot that prior to Havok, we had a 4 and a 5 in January as well. 

4/5/4/5/4/5 seems to be the release plan for now. 

I’m not holding my breath on feeders for new characters now that SCL10 provides at minimum half a cover every time a person is essential, let alone the shards you can get from placement. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt they are going to reveal the plan, if any. It's simply because adaptability is one of their biggest assets. By revealing a definite plan for future feeders and release patterns, they will lock themselves into a corner,  and if there is any deviation, they will cause another commotion here. 

So, silence is a much better strategy than saying anything.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I don’t always agree with Hound but in this case I agree. The devs get roasted all the time: they’re damned If they do and they’re damned if they don’t. 

Particularly at a time like this I would shy away from making any firm commitments. As I understand it they’re not a very big team so they could be affected disproportionately by the current pandemic. 

Don’t get me wrong. I would love to know. I don’t think I want to try and keep up if the pace of release is now 4,5,4,5... I don’t get enough LTs to stay afloat on that schedule and I’ve no desire to hoard forever in order to make progress on 3 5*s at some indeterminate point in the future. 

I don’t imagine I’m the only one who might think twice about continuing if the schedule changes either. They lose fewer people (for which read spenders) by not telling us that they’re giving out resources or making things harder to get or making progress harder to achieve. 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I think it would be fun if the feeders were updated at the beginning of every anniversary.  All of the characters from the previous year get updated into the feeders at the same time.  But it should all be retroactive with none of the shenanigans that went on during the initial feeder update.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure this release cadence is the new normal; the "no more shield training for Maria Hill" thread had a comment in it that was about as close to confirming it as I think we'll get. I do still want to know when Carbage is getting fed though, i just need the one more cover...
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    New 4* should be feeders for the new 5* from launch.  Then they wouldn't have to worry about upsetting people by not giving out retroactive rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I would personally like to see with new releases if they are going to a 4.5.4.5 release is place 3 weeks between new releases.  This keeps 5* in latest legendary packs for the same amount of time as well as slows down the dilution of 4* and 5*.  It would also give the devs more time to focus on balancing under used characters.

since I am posting I will also say thanks to the devs for the 10 health packs this weekend and the double iso week.  I don’t need double iso as I am post iso.  I do know double iso was an easy flip for the devs to help other players out and distract them while following social distancing.

on the flip side I have seen other games run a couple of Q&A with the player base and give them a couple of updates on what they are working on.  This would be something the devs could do either on the Puzzle Warriors pod cast or via text on social media.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering that it is actually fairly easy to champ relatively new 4's now (I just champed Karnak in what I consider borderline record pace) I guess they are having to re-evaluate this whole thing and I suspect they are going to want a few more release worths of data before they work out if the pace has now gone too fast again for feeders.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ^ i could see that. Probably have to see how it shakes out with Maria Hill, the first Shield Training-less 4* release in quite some time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    DAZ0273 said:
    Considering that it is actually fairly easy to champ relatively new 4's now (I just champed Karnak in what I consider borderline record pace) I guess they are having to re-evaluate this whole thing and I suspect they are going to want a few more release worths of data before they work out if the pace has now gone too fast again for feeders.
    Ha, at one point we said "just make new characters feeders".  But Karnak is currently tied with Wolfsbane for me and he's got another few events or so before he's not "Latests".

While it's true that once he's not in Latests, his covers will dwindle, he could end up close to 290 by the time he's done.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the current rate or frequency of showcasing new 4* as essential in PvEs, I'm feeling nauseous.  :s
    There are excess of covers for new 4* that I'm not interested in. It is so much easier to get 13 covers for new 4* now. 
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I doubt they are going to reveal the plan, if any. It's simply because adaptability is one of their biggest assets. By revealing a definite plan for future feeders and release patterns, they will lock themselves into a corner,  and if there is any deviation, they will cause another commotion here. 

So, silence is a much better strategy than saying anything.
    plans?  lolololololololololololololololololololol
  • Ugh
    DAZ0273 said:
    Are we playing the same game?
  • DAZ0273
    edited March 2020
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think so. I do not get top 20 for pve, I have no champed 5* and don't have thousands of stockpiled resources and now place lower in pvp due to increased competetion. I die a lot if I try Scl10. However I have champed both Modok and Karnak in a timeframe far advanced than I can ever remember, I can champ Karolina if I want and am 1 cover from champing Northstar. Wolfsbane is getting there. That leaves Maria Hill and she has 3 covers. I have been playing this game (on this run) 1536 days and this is even a better progress on 4* than vaulting was for me
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    I play neither mode for placement, but I do play SCL10 to progression. Just showing up for progession in SCL 10 is usually right around t200 just from lack of attendance. I have a 4/4/4 Karnak right now, having not set him as my shard target at all. My Modok is 5/4/4, 2 saved covers and 1250 shards, and I've never actively chased him either. That being said, I only just the other day this week pulled a 13th cover for T4rch organically, my 2099 is still 5/5/2, and Wolfsbane is 5/3/2 with 1 saved. As with everything in this game, your mileage may vary wildly based on how RNGeezus wants to treat you. 
  • Ugh
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think so. I do not get top 20 for pve, I have no champed 5* and don't have thousands of stockpiled resources and now place lower in pvp due to increased competetion. I die a lot if I try Scl10. However I have champed both Modok and Karnak in a timeframe far advanced than I can ever remember, I can champ Karolina if I want and am 1 cover from champing Northstar. Wolfsbane is getting there. That leaves Maria Hill and she has 3 covers. I have been playing this game (on this run) 1536 days and this is even a better progress on 4* than vaulting was for me
    We must be playing different games, I haven''t champed a 4* in at least 6 months despite playing way too much
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    We must be playing different games, I haven''t champed a 4* in at least 6 months despite playing way too much
    I only play PVE to progression on SCL 10 and I play PVP until I hit 1000, 900 before scl 10.  Before shards it took me months to cover the new 4 star, now it's more like weeks. Modok is champed, Nothstar and Karnak are both champable with about 800 saved shards each, wolfsbane is at 9 covers and Maria Hill is at 7.
  • DAZ0273
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I don't know what to say - I don't even always play full progression pve because I hate the grind but this is the first time I have ever been even remotely slightly "up to date " with 4* - I could rarely ever do Shield Training. Champing Karnak was a pleasurable fast tracked breeze compared to the years of toil and I got to use him in his boost week just in time and he is fantastic. I wish I could give some tips but I don't really feel I am doing anything different and there are players waaaaaay beyond me - note Bluewolf's comment. The community is always good with helping - maybe they can help with tips? No 4* champed in 6 months seems extreme unless you are a fairly new player?
  • Ugh
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I don't know what to say - I don't even always play full progression pve because I hate the grind but this is the first time I have ever been even remotely slightly "up to date " with 4* - I could rarely ever do Shield Training. Champing Karnak was a pleasurable fast tracked breeze compared to the years of toil and I got to use him in his boost week just in time and he is fantastic. I wish I could give some tips but I don't really feel I am doing anything different and there are players waaaaaay beyond me - note Bluewolf's comment. The community is always good with helping - maybe they can help with tips? No 4* champed in 6 months seems extreme unless you are a fairly new player?
    Is day 1787 new?  I do have most of the old 4*'s covered, but getting the ones from the past 1-2 years has been pure hell