***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Th4nos/Carnage/This Hulk ought to stay pretty flush with green I’d imagine.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    Long story shor... longer,  I think this AoE is going to be a bit too easy to earn offensively. The AI however, will not fair as well for you at getting AoE's on defense of course. It will be pursuing green matches with standard priority among other team colors. 

So do you bring along a teammate with an active green power on offense at all? Maybe we shouldn't bother. I think it would be hard to get as much damage potential out of an active ability. It would take away from Hulk's potential for team damage if you make green matches at all. 

This Hulk sounds great for the most part. 
    The only problem is that he is Very ill-equipped to deal with the current BRB Kitty meta. They will ruin an IHulk team due to their blue and red CD's activating on any AoE (even at -1 damage). 
    And enemy BRB could benefit from that 1x added  green more than he loses from Hulk's passive of removing 2. This is because player-controlled Bill will be prioritizing and removing green matches whenever available, keeping the board at <8 quite often. 

I like him partnered with Doom for Doom's healing AND tile removal should they managed to take him out first (trying to keep Hulk from making comebacks).

I look forward to seeing these match-ups.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

This Hulk sounds great for the most part. 
    The only problem is that he is Very ill-equipped to deal with the current BRB Kitty meta. They will ruin an IHulk team due to their blue and red CD's activating on any AoE (even at -1 damage). 
    And enemy BRB could benefit from that 1x added  green more than he loses from Hulk's passive of removing 2. This is because player-controlled Bill will be prioritizing and removing green matches whenever available, keeping the board at <8 quite often. 
    I would totally agree with you... if his green power were his best option. But I dont think I would max his green.
    On ofense he will return from death until his allies were suck dry off. That makes him an expensive but reliable shield. Thanks to his turning green and maybe with some allies help he can do 5 match tiles at 300% increased damage. Sure that will hurt.
    On defense he will be always the last one. That is a real tactical factor and he will have plenty of time to damage with his green or his red, no matter what the player does.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:
    Vhailorx said:
    So he does at least 5.5k passive aoe damage, ~8k ally damage, and 32k for 7ap without condition.  That's all brutal (in a good way).

He also does 17.8k self damage every time he makes a match and revives around 19k health.  So isn't he going to be cycling an awful lot? (Does his death cycle reshuffle the player team's order?  If he is in front and dies does he go to the back before reviving, this exposing a teammate?).

I don't see him playing very for most players.  Too much self damage.  But for those willing to buy health packs, he seems like a pretty clear member of the meta.  For everyone else, he seems likely to be a terror in cl10 and on pvp defense.

Yet another member of the "characters that require heavy healthpack usage are just better in mpq (at least when released)". The heir to sentry and thanos.
    He automatically comes back to life and does more match damage to tank.  This means he will not require health packs since you want him to die in a match.  An ideal starting health is just enough to survive self damage from one enemy match.

for the ally damage 8K is easily done in a match and is also why he will be best paired with true healers or characters that revive.  Doom, Loki, Phoenix, OML, Okoye, DD, or SS. Or characters with really high health like BRB.   For PVP you might use the loaner 3* to start off with but that will be ok below 500 points.  The 3* is normally dead weight anyway

edited: I am also really excited about this character an how unique he is.  I also think there will be some decent teams to help avoid the health pack suck.

He will kill himself every round at max self damage (his revive health equals his self damage, and his match damage will make him tank), so that is a minimum of 8k ally damage every turn (at 450).  Very few true healers in the game can sustain that for long.  I think hulk may very be the new meta (especially paired with okoye), but I don't think it will be a particularly fun meta at all.  He will be irritating to fight against in PVP (if not outright devastating if you don't stunlock him), and not exactly fun to use on offense has he chews threw your roster with abandon.
    His self damage on matches remains constant so he won’t keep dying every turn.  If you look at Doom he will fully heal 8k with 2 enemy match’s of yellow or Black.  With DD you will get more strike tiles bringing him back up to above 1/2 health.  Okoye can do a ton of self healing.

i don’t think he will he as awful in PVP As you think .  I could be wrong but I think he is more offensive power than a defensive menace.
    Agree on the self damage; I was wrong there.  But he will be a pain to fight in pvp.  He can't be downed first and he is likely to get his aoe off several times, which will make him a pain if you rely on halfthor or weaker 4*s.  Think of it like JJ's traps, but aoe.  It will happen randomly based on tiles dropping into the board, even if you try to starve the board of green.  If the ai gets 1-2 lucky red matches, you will probably be eating 30k damage. And after he revives (which you can't easily prevent without stunlocking him because the self-damage proc's on his matches, so even if you don't target him he will still kill himself) he will be doing massive damage (similar to 5* match damage in the 3rd or 4th clear of the challenge node).

I don't think he will be unbeatable. But I do think he will be a real annoyance for those who don't have him covered quickly and/or aren't willing to  spend lavishly on healthpacks to run him constantly.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    Not wild about GR and Doom in the store, so may have to sit until he hits LLs.

Does look like a hoot and a half though.
    My GR and Doom are both waiting for 30-40 covers of their 4* feeders to finish. I may opt to pull some from the store to speed it up and attempt to finish him (hope for havoc and me sinister too) when he enters LL.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do we make Immortal Hulk even greater defensively?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:

I want to cross blades with silver surfer, IH and Vulture. Now thats entertaining for real.
    If its called a challenge then it should be a challenge.
    Not just quick clearing for to enter quick ranking.
    Truth is that I felt really frustated with the final challenge node of spiderman 2099 event. That should be an epic challenge with your all roster buffed. And it was a joke.

OK, so I guess we've found who the original runs of Galactus and Boss Rush were for ;)

RickOShay said:
     IHulk
    Wouldn't an iHulk be more smooth surfaces and monochromatic/brushed steel aesthetic?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Now that the HP store is live, really looking forward to some of those preview videos
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    @Thanos
    Yeah, we're all going to be waiting on you sir lol.
  • Vhailorx
    Am I the only one who finds the 'high and tight' haircut on this hulk a little ridiculous?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm very curious - is he an anti-bishop? 

I'd like to see the offensive power of his green passive with Okoye/Shuri, it's probably also worth seeing how easy/hard it is to get it to work with variations on Kitty teams - either Gritty or Kitty/Valkyrie so the strikes land on an off-color from green

I'd be interested to see what happens with Carbage or C4rnage + Th4nos
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Vhailorx said:
    Am I the only one who finds the 'high and tight' haircut on this hulk a little ridiculous?
    Yeah, this design isn't my favorite hulk lol, but i'm not following any comics these days so for all i know it looks just right.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,907 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Yeah, this design isn't my favorite hulk lol, but i'm not following any comics these days so for all i know it looks just right.
    The Immortal Hulk comic series is worth checking out. It's definitely one of the creepiest and craziest comic books Marvel has ever put out. It's already considered a classic.  Although if you are easily squeamish or not into body horror in general, it probably won't be your cup of tea. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Hulk being may favorite super hero I never hate seeing a new addition. However I still wish they had gone back to tweak Banner. Hopefully this new 5 Hulk doesn't slam the door to tweak Banner at some point. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    He looks like a skull. Or a mad homo australopitecus. Shards on meet rocket and groot but I dont have logan. Im starting on the left footh for sure.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:
    Vhailorx said:
    So he does at least 5.5k passive aoe damage, ~8k ally damage, and 32k for 7ap without condition.  That's all brutal (in a good way).

He also does 17.8k self damage every time he makes a match and revives around 19k health.  So isn't he going to be cycling an awful lot? (Does his death cycle reshuffle the player team's order?  If he is in front and dies does he go to the back before reviving, this exposing a teammate?).

I don't see him playing very for most players.  Too much self damage.  But for those willing to buy health packs, he seems like a pretty clear member of the meta.  For everyone else, he seems likely to be a terror in cl10 and on pvp defense.

Yet another member of the "characters that require heavy healthpack usage are just better in mpq (at least when released)". The heir to sentry and thanos.
    He automatically comes back to life and does more match damage to tank.  This means he will not require health packs since you want him to die in a match.  An ideal starting health is just enough to survive self damage from one enemy match.

for the ally damage 8K is easily done in a match and is also why he will be best paired with true healers or characters that revive.  Doom, Loki, Phoenix, OML, Okoye, DD, or SS. Or characters with really high health like BRB.   For PVP you might use the loaner 3* to start off with but that will be ok below 500 points.  The 3* is normally dead weight anyway

edited: I am also really excited about this character an how unique he is.  I also think there will be some decent teams to help avoid the health pack suck.

He will kill himself every round at max self damage (his revive health equals his self damage, and his match damage will make him tank), so that is a minimum of 8k ally damage every turn (at 450).  Very few true healers in the game can sustain that for long.  I think hulk may very be the new meta (especially paired with okoye), but I don't think it will be a particularly fun meta at all.  He will be irritating to fight against in PVP (if not outright devastating if you don't stunlock him), and not exactly fun to use on offense has he chews threw your roster with abandon.
    His self damage on matches remains constant so he won’t keep dying every turn.  If you look at Doom he will fully heal 8k with 2 enemy match’s of yellow or Black.  With DD you will get more strike tiles bringing him back up to above 1/2 health.  Okoye can do a ton of self healing.

i don’t think he will he as awful in PVP As you think .  I could be wrong but I think he is more offensive power than a defensive menace.
    Agree on the self damage; I was wrong there.  But he will be a pain to fight in pvp.  He can't be downed first and he is likely to get his aoe off several times, which will make him a pain if you rely on halfthor or weaker 4*s.  Think of it like JJ's traps, but aoe.  It will happen randomly based on tiles dropping into the board, even if you try to starve the board of green.  If the ai gets 1-2 lucky red matches, you will probably be eating 30k damage. And after he revives (which you can't easily prevent without stunlocking him because the self-damage proc's on his matches, so even if you don't target him he will still kill himself) he will be doing massive damage (similar to 5* match damage in the 3rd or 4th clear of the challenge node).

I don't think he will be unbeatable. But I do think he will be a real annoyance for those who don't have him covered quickly and/or aren't willing to  spend lavishly on healthpacks to run him constantly.
    I think the Meta team to beat him will be either Gritty Kitty or More importantly BRB Kitty.  With BRB you can get over 5K I’m protect tiles to avoid his AOE and if you get Kitty’s red out you will also get 6 attack tiles.

now avoid his red is another story.  I like your comparison to JJ.  JJ is a really good character who hits hard and sometimes you just can’t avoid getting hit with a trap tile.  JJ also isn’t meta even though I use her with BSSM to beat gritty kitty.  

I will also say I like how unique Hulk is overall.  He has some very unique mechanics, might be too strong as you say but won’t be impossible to beat either.  So he is not Bishop/worthy cap level broken to face.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Anyone who can prevent basic greens from being on the board will shut that passive down, so BRB/Carbage will remove at least that danger in a turn or two. 
  • Vhailorx
    But wymtime, JJ can be targeted first (and often is, except when she appears with bishop).  and hulk does ~3x as much damage for less red.  Plus his damage is aoe rather than targeted, which means its harder to absorb with a damage sponge like okoye or GED or DD.  I think he is a substantive step up from JJ as a pure damage character.  He is better in just about every way, with all his drawbacks coming in the form of self/team damage, which can be overcome by liberal HP spending.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    So I guess the other 5* Hulk has been abandoned, huh.

I still don't get why all new characters need to kill themselves now.