Is really carnage "carbage"? or is he worth champing? (maybe combo with beta ray bill) and another q

Akroma
Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
Hello guys :D thank you for your help

I have 8 and a half covers for carnage (chasing profx), and 6 covers for beta ray bill.
my 5* Champions are:

thor, iceman (usually use that pair on pvp), black bolt, storm, dr strange and prof x.
also i have 240 ish pulls.
i play both pvp and pve, mostly pve (might miss some pvps) some scl10 nodes can be hard :(

I wanted to ask some things to the people with experience on carnage (maybe have him champed, or have played vs him etc):

1) is he really that bad? should i try to champ him because i already got 8 and a half covers? or is he so bad that is better to just lose those covers? :( he tanks everything except yellow for thor, and that would be thor passive + his free match per turn, so maybe lots of ap :D

2) can he combo with brb? on paper that combo seems fine. so maybe i should champ carnage, and wait till he rotates to try to finish brb too.

3) both carnage and brb are not that good so should i save for some other latest 3 or special vaults? or are they good to get considering 8 + 6 covers? my kitty and jj are just 4 covers :( and okoye only 3 :C

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage works very well with BRB. His nickname was coined before people had any real experience with him. BRB is a great 5*, well worth chasing.
  • Akroma
    edited March 2020
    Carnage works very well with BRB. His nickname was coined before people had any real experience with him. BRB is a great 5*, well worth chasing.
    thanks for the info :smile: considering i already have 8.5 cover
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Carbage is actually pretty good as mentioned above, but the nickname is kind of just an amusing differentiator from C4rnage for casual conversation.

His extra turn is difficult to quantify on paper, but it is a free swipe of 5* match damage plus AP collection on top of whatever you're going to do on your own turn. This is great with Professor X (and/or Chavez), as it won't miss a match-N, but obviously it has the very high potential of ruining a match-5 setup for you. I was able to bring 5* banner, Carbage, and Rocket into a simulator match and string up 3 auto-matches per turn for a few rounds, which is pretty fun until one of them inevitably matches that Don't Push This Button cd for you...

He doesn't have a strong direct-fire nuke, which is probably what people were responding to, but his attack tiles add up very quickly. I think the relative strength of those individually was another spot people were not feeling too good about, but the sheer volume of them after a couple turns means they are stacking hard, very quickly. Particularly with Kitty and BRB in the mix. I got mine to 4/1/4 and a half, and I'm really hopefull I'll get a few more before he taps out of Latest.
  • Akroma
    Carbage is actually pretty good as mentioned above, but the nickname is kind of just an amusing differentiator from C4rnage for casual conversation.

His extra turn is difficult to quantify on paper, but it is a free swipe of 5* match damage plus AP collection on top of whatever you're going to do on your own turn. This is great with Professor X (and/or Chavez), as it won't miss a match-N, but obviously it has the very high potential of ruining a match-5 setup for you. I was able to bring 5* banner, Carbage, and Rocket into a simulator match and string up 3 auto-matches per turn for a few rounds, which is pretty fun until one of them inevitably matches that Don't Push This Button cd for you...

He doesn't have a strong direct-fire nuke, which is probably what people were responding to, but his attack tiles add up very quickly. I think the relative strength of those individually was another spot people were not feeling too good about, but the sheer volume of them after a couple turns means they are stacking hard, very quickly. Particularly with Kitty and BRB in the mix. I got mine to 4/1/4 and a half, and I'm really hopefull I'll get a few more before he taps out of Latest.
    thanks for the response :D 
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I went after BRB and got Carbage as a consolation prize.  Now, I don't have them champed yet (max covered at lvl300) and I am mainly a 4* player, but I like the duo.  Carbage is my goto with BRB.  He makes weak enemy attacks which spams protects thanks to BRBs blue and that extra AP every turn really adds up, especially on protect matches thanks to BRBs yellow.  He also makes attacks and strikes which start to add up.  Its not big damage, but it hits every turn.  Add in Medusa for PVE, and generate a lot of ap and healing.

They are not fast though, so dont look to climb in PVP, but they are good on Defense.  I feel like i get attacked a lot less with them and sometimes win if i do.

Plus they are kinda fun.
  • Akroma
    edited March 2020
    heybub said:
    I went after BRB and got Carbage as a consolation prize.  Now, I don't have them champed yet (max covered at lvl300) and I am mainly a 4* player, but I like the duo.  Carbage is my goto with BRB.  He makes weak enemy attacks which spams protects thanks to BRBs blue and that extra AP every turn really adds up, especially on protect matches thanks to BRBs yellow.  He also makes attacks and strikes which start to add up.  Its not big damage, but it hits every turn.  Add in Medusa for PVE, and generate a lot of ap and healing.

They are not fast though, so dont look to climb in PVP, but they are good on Defense.  I feel like i get attacked a lot less with them and sometimes win if i do.

Plus they are kinda fun.
    hello :) yes i got carnage champed, and a usable brb, but thank god after the next pve which grants brb shards ill be able to champ him :D 

i am using that combo too :D ill recomend the hidden weapon :) better than medusa, or idk :)

NICO!!!!!

its just insane. also as nico will always be behind, u would say: her skills will never activate? well they do!! 

u just use carnage red, and as she receives damage, u can use them, and u will use yellow to heal back :D its nice, altho not too fast. but in some turns it starts to bring the pain :)

ill try dusa next time, as perma heals sounds good too :D 
    also i went crazy and used all my stash, only 111cp left :(
    and i got 13 covers on both kitty and okoye!! as i had 4 covers on each before that (favorite store)
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Nice on the okoye and kitty pulls.  

I have never used Nico really, as I don't have her champed.  Medusa not only heals, but creates more ap when you destroy the enemy attack tiles that Carbage creates for an added bonus.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I discovered the other day that Wakanda Forever! (and therefore strike tiles) will double dip on Carbage's red against the primary target. Obviously that second turn will make it tough to keep strikes on the board, but i thought it was useful

• Akroma
    tyvm on the info :)

what do u mean about that second turn? :( (on carbages red double diping from wakanda forever and strikes? (or triple diping?))

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    When I say second turn, i mean the free auto-move you get from Knull & Void if there are enough enemy specials in play.

Regarding double dipping off of Blood Feud - Carbage's red does single target damage unless conditions are met, then it does AOE damage. rather than doing one or the other, it actually does the first, THEN the second. So if you are adding N extra damage to every attack via Wakanda Forever! or some strikes, it'll do Single Target Damage + N to the target, then AOE damage + N to the full enemy party. There were times in SCL10 last event I was doing 80k damage to the enemy in front with 30k damage to the wing persons firing off Blood Feud with a full bank of Team Up and Okoye.
  • Akroma
    ohh i see :D thats the 2nd match :D or free match + normal match :D 

yes i still need around 500k iso to champ okoye :( but at least the hardest part is already done: the covers haha. she will be only 451 tho :cry:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    that's ok, mine is also only 451. She still does what you need her to.

Yeah, was talking about 2 different powers that Carbage has there.

I was saying that Blood Feud, his active red, will hit the first enemy, then it will hit all 3 enemies with each fire (assuming conditions are met). It doesn't do much damage, so if you want to use Wakanda Forever! with it, it will add that bonus damage to the first hit against the target as well as to the aoe damage to all 3. BUT, if you are using a Kitty/rocket based team that needs strikes to add bonus damage, his OTHER power, Knull & Void, is very likely to auto-match some of those strikes away for you over time, so it won't be as useful. I think some of the early hate for him was from people used to leaning on Kitty + Strikes for adding force to attacks for that reason.
  • Akroma
    i see :) thanks for the info

btw, i just got 1 day with champed kitty and idk :( she feels like cheating :(
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akroma said:

I felt the same way when I first champed her. After you get over that, it's pretty awesome :)
  • Akroma
    Akroma said:

I felt the same way when I first champed her. After you get over that, it's pretty awesome :)
    :D so far its been a lot of goons events, and she is fast with dr strange and well, you know who... rng :D

not only the buff on strike tiles, but also her passive is good vs countdowns.

i guess i wont use her vs movers :C ir idk :C