Soft lock when Urza’s Factory attempts to convert more gems than available [Fixed]

Ypgi
Ypgi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In

Can’t see this logged as a bug anywhere but others have mentioned it on the forums.

When Urza’s Factory (created by Urza, Lord High Artificer) has been reinforced multiple times, the game soft locks when it triggers if there are fewer gems to convert to blue than the support’s shield.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ypgi
    Ypgi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I don’t understand why this is marked as “Cannot reproduce” in the latest bug list, as I can reproduce it consistently. I play a deck with Urza and Thassa - I bounce Urza every turn to add shields to Urza’s Factory and generate lots of blue gems.

Depending on the gem distribution, this will consistently crash the game when the shields get to around 24, but I have seen it crash around 16 shields if there are a lot of loyalty gems or other gems that can’t be converted.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Ypgi
    It would be great if you could provide more details to help us!
    1- Have you tried in the latest version 4.1?
    2- If the issue persists on the latest version, could you inform the whole deck you're using?

Thank you so much,
    Marcela.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I created a deck the other day. Running urza i had the support token to 40.  And it didn't crash.  But as soon as I added a spacific cards such as castle vantress (active gem) I could crash it.  Or nissa's renewal I could crash it. Fall of the thran. All those cards still needed castle vantress on the board with at least one activated gem. So I'm curious to know if @Ypgi has castle vantress on the board??
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    @Oktagon_Support Yes, it's still present in r4.1 . Actually, any deck with urza and thassa deep-dwelling will do. Exile Urza with Thassa every turn : Once Urza's factory is above 20 shields, the app crashes pretty quickly. If you'd like, I can record a movie and provide the link
  • Julie71
    @Oktagon_Support Yes, it's still present in r4.1 . Actually, any deck with urza and thassa deep-dwelling will do. Exile Urza with Thassa every turn : Once Urza's factory is above 20 shields, the app crashes pretty quickly. If you'd like, I can record a movie and provide the link
    Do you also have castle vantress?? 
  • Heartstone
    Yes, Castle vantress was also in my deck. And primeval titan , Goloss and deathsprout to be sure I always have one :-)
  • Julie71
    Yes, Castle vantress was also in my deck. And primeval titan , Goloss and deathsprout to be sure I always have one :-)
    Take out castle vantress and you shouldn't crash anymore
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    so is it when it’s hitting castle vantress activated gems? And if so is that only if it is trying to exceed maximum hand size by drawing the extra cards?
  • Julie71
    Avahad said:
    so is it when it’s hitting castle vantress activated gems? And if so is that only if it is trying to exceed maximum hand size by drawing the extra cards?
    Yes.  Castle vantress is the problem. But alone it's not bugged but it together with a huge gem converter. Such as nissa's renewal or use fall of the thran and you have a hard crash every time. I have tried multiple cards.  Those two along with urza can hard lock 100% of the time. Only if an actived gems is destroyed
  • Julie71
    I have had space in my hand for the draw cards. 
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    So we had a bug with animists awakening and friends that got fixed and now we have this one rear it’s head. Oh dear.
  • Heartstone
    Thanks @Julie71. I'll find myself some other land :-)