Reinforcements Tournament

Looks like no hero restrictions just buffed new heroes if you use them icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Heh, I was in middle of starting the topic as well, good that I checked new posts before posting icon_razz.gif
    IceIX wrote:
    WeeklyTournament - Reinforcements
      Newcomers have pumped some new strategies and tactics into the battle against H.A.M.M.E.R. How well will they stack up against one another? Boosted characters:
      Black Widow (Original) - 200% Captain America (Modern) - 80% Hawkeye (Modern) - 80% Iron Man (Model 40) - 150% Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel) - 80%
    This Tournament is bracketed to 1000 players per ranking section.
    Special Comic Cover Pack available during the Tournament
      Reinforced - Hero Point Pack containing 2 Star or better characters with a higher chance of getting the Reinforcements.

I like that we can use any heroes, but at the same time we are encouraged to try out some of newer characters. Maybe finally I will some Moonstones and Hawkeye (Modern). However, I think I will stick to my Avengers team for now, because from buffed chars only IM40 is at reasonable level.

IceIX, could Black Widow's Original black passive be revealed, please? I understand it doesn't work as intended as of now, but when I will reach 600pts I will get 4th Blue cover for her from progression reward and I would like to know whether or not I should train her with it. And I guess I won't be the only one with that dilemma.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Once again, there is no 500 HP progression reward. I wonder if these will ever come back. I suspect they might have been a bit much, even though very few people would actually achieve it.

Looks like they REALLY want people to start using IM40, with all of the covers they've been giving out lately and the really big buff in this tourney.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Shikao wrote:
    Heh, I was in middle of starting the topic as well, good that I checked new posts before posting icon_razz.gif
    IceIX, could Black Widow's Original black passive be revealed, please? I understand it doesn't work as intended as of now, but when I will reach 600pts I will get 4th Blue cover for her from progression reward and I would like to know whether or not I should train her with it. And I guess I won't be the only one with that dilemma.
    I can't promise with 100% certainty because we're trying to work out some bugs that come with new functionality with her power in particular. The *idea* is that it is a Passive that activates on any attack that she makes. As it levels, different colors are able to be leeched, and she has an added damage proc at later levels as well. So at 1, it leeches some Black when she makes a Black match, at 3, Black and Purple, at 5 it can proc damage and leech on her matches. That's the current design. But again, it's not working properly at current so it may either get fixed or swapped out for something else "Espionagey".
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Nemek wrote:
    Looks like they REALLY want people to start using IM40, with all of the covers they've been giving out lately and the really big buff in this tourney.
    It's more that he's still new so we want to promote his usage. Similar to how Black Widow (Original) has a 200% buff even though her fellow 2 Stars have 80%s.
  • IceIX wrote:
    I can't promise with 100% certainty because we're trying to work out some bugs that come with new functionality with her power in particular. The *idea* is that it is a Passive that activates on any attack that she makes. As it levels, different colors are able to be leeched, and she has an added damage proc at later levels as well. So at 1, it leeches some Black when she makes a Black match, at 3, Black and Purple, at 5 it can proc damage and leech on her matches. That's the current design. But again, it's not working properly at current so it may either get fixed or swapped out for something else "Espionagey".

Sounds really interesting as it is now icon_e_smile.gif (and now I have at least 5 more questions about it icon_razz.gif ) And yeah, I understand it can be changed.
    Thank you for answer.
  • Nice to see some variety! Cant remember the last time I seen a Modern Hawkeye or a Moonstone in a tourney.
  • Dump my 20k floating Iso into my already high IM, effortlessly win too much. This is getting silly.
  • I for one am really looking forward to this tourney. I have actually spent quite abit of iso in each of the buffed chars. None are exactly really high lvl beings IM-40 lvl60 is highest atm but the lowest of these is 30 and thats my new widow so should be a good one for me. (and I really want that red 4*)
    The last 2 tourneys: avengers and back to basics were great but i didn't compete except to get top 100 because the the top prizes were not going to help me out so I figured let someone else have em. My wife did great though which REALLY helped her out (she just started 3 days ago)

So, g/l everyone!
  • 1300 for my last blue on IM40 (assuming I dont get it from Heroic Venom) icon_e_sad.gif need a lightning round one of the nights to hopefully get there.

Then will look to fall to 26-50 to work on my Black Widow covers, or 1-2 if its an easy bracket.
  • Building a team around IM40 (90). Thinking of c.storm and spiderman to take the heat off of him while he does insane damage. Also have high level Thor/Cap/Daken...this will be tough to decide icon_e_smile.gif
  • First to 20 blue AP wins.

Wish I had a usable Mags.

Yeah. I don't think buffing IM40 is such a good idea... at least not to +150%. It would've made more sense to me to buff Cap by 150 and IM40 by 80 (or less).

JohnDuBois -- you're in my bracket icon_neutral.gif

Haven't seen any other regulars yet.

Another reason to keep IM40's recharge at Level 2 right now.
  • I made the decision to level up Original Widow as far as I can with current covers 2/3, Level 29, just to mix it up and try something different. I don't want the top rewards for this tourney, so I'm happy to score lower and enjoy lots of ISO8 from matches where I don't need to bother with boosts.

I tried a few matches with her, IM40 5/3/2 LVL58 and Thor 5/3/3 LVL 51 on a team. With 200% buffs in effect for Widow, playing in the jungle or danger room (not city) it's really easy to dominate quickly by grabbing environmental tiles at the beginning.

Thorned rose for quick AP can easily be healed by Widows blue before the match ends. Lucky matches or Thor to change the board and set up crits, or the random crit for low tier env AP in danger room, and the C.Storm+Thor teams don't stand a chance when IM40 is matching crits for 1000s of damage. Matching env tile with crit is game over in jungle to use forest fire, and usually so with the other upper tier env abilities. If I had a decent C.Magneto, I'd put him in play to be able to put crit tiles pretty much anywhere at low AP cost.

Bottom line, unless you have no other option, going in with no buffed characters is probably a mistake, though I guess Rag/Spidey is still formiddable no matter what.
  • Environmental tiles are, again, really dangerous w/ Widow or (somewhat lesser) IM40 on your team. One early match I somehow got a 5 chain and the crit matched environ tiles on turn 1. Forest fire -- there was no turn 2. This was against a team w/ a L40-ish IM40, and high level Thor/C Storm.

And be warned that crit tiles matched by Widow (at L29) will do over 2000 damage in purple, for just a match 3. Playing on the Hi Tech board is pretty much playing Russian Roulette.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    First to 20 blue AP wins.

Another reason to keep IM40's recharge at Level 2 right now.

Yea - I just upgraded it to 3 and am not sure I am happy about it. Will miss the double casts for 16 that netted me as much as 18 red and blue. Guess I'll have to team up with wolfie who likes the green (2 casts of his 3pt skill)
  • Zathrus wrote:
    First to 20 blue AP wins.

Yeah. I don't think buffing IM40 is such a good idea... at least not to +150%. It would've made more sense to me to buff Cap by 150 and IM40 by 80 (or less).

JohnDuBois -- you're in my bracket icon_neutral.gif

Haven't seen any other regulars yet.
    And you're welcome for the break from Classic Storm icon_e_wink.gif
  • I only recognize the ladder in my bracket. And despite his underpoweredness, I definitely want a red xforce Wolvie cover to finish mine off. Guess I'm in for a long week
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    I only recognize the ladder in my bracket. And despite his underpoweredness, I definitely want a red xforce Wolvie cover to finish mine off. Guess I'm in for a long week

I kind of want to tank it and go for the widow covers...
  • Misguided wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    I only recognize the ladder in my bracket. And despite his underpoweredness, I definitely want a red xforce Wolvie cover to finish mine off. Guess I'm in for a long week

I kind of want to tank it and go for the widow covers...
    Given that there's a black ability coming, I'm not sure I do. Progression rewards + placement rewards would take me above 3/3.