Performance issues - is that a bug?

Options
Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
I’m Playing on an iPad Pro fully updated iOS and app. So far, when I have experienced lags it has seemed to revolve around slow animations which is hardly categorised as PI.

However today in CotC - Vantress node 3rd knowledge challenge, I experienced severe lags at the end of the match. Both players had decks that discarded a large amount of cards in the GraveYard (GY). In the final rounds both players had more than 100 cards in the GY. (Do not recall the size of the exile but I would hazard a guess of less than 20 cards in total). The game seemed to struggle with running the app. My best bet is that it was the GY that caused the issue, but, I’ll test further on my next charge on this node.

BTW - no problems has otherwise been observed during the matches played before and after.

Update - new match same issue. The game slowed down significantly after hitting 60 cards in my opponent’s GY. In the last part of the match when both sides had about 100 cards in GY the game could barely complete simple animations. Luckily it did, so still no crash. At the end GY numbers where 124 for me and 167 for Greg. But I deferred using several actions that would have added more cards to Greg’s GY.

Update 2 - final match with 146 vs. 175 cards in GY same issue. 

Comments

• BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had a game hang due to the same thing. I had to forfeit the game.
    Both of our graveyards were in the 70 something.
    The card that actually crashed the game was Bond of Insight.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @BlessedOne - sorry to hear about your crash. Just to clarify my game only slowed down significantly so your experience may actually increase this report to an actual bug.
  • BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    It could be a bug. I let the game go on for a few minutes thinking the loop prevention would kick in.
    I cannot replicate this error. I believe these kinds of issues are only found on nodes with milling objectives. The crash (and slow performance) could specifically be with nodes where matching gems of a certain color mill your opponents deck.
    If the graveyard gets big enough, the game can't handle it.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @BlessedOne - hopefully it is just one of the many effects relating to GY which is poorly coded. Fingers crossed. But it surely seems like the performance testing on this issue has been neglected.