***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    This seems like another character that was designed to be a challenging opponent, more than a good character for the grinding play we actually have to do as players.  Unavoidable passive aoe?  Can't be downed until last?  Those powers will be absolutely brutal whenever this character ends up in a challenge node.
    Hm.  Maybe that's why they paused the rollout of PVEs under SCL10, leaving Webbed Wonder and Simulator (along with 7 days) not yet re-worked.

God, this character at 650 sounds like pure sadism.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    There’s a Morbius trailer out now. Maybe Marvel/Sony are looking to move up the release to be straight to the home on account of the quarantines from COVID-19? We’ve seen lots of theater movies now available for rent (though at $20 a pop) wine the theaters are closed. The abilities just sound like Morbius to me.

The quote is directly from Aliens, but I think it’s a reference to Morbius being able to come out in the light but weakened so preferring the dark.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    This character's black looks like Mysterio Blue, Iceman Blue, and Gambit Black, where I'm just going to throw away any black cover I happen to pull.  Great.
    What? Why is Iceman's Blue on your list? It's a really good power.
    Because I only play PVE, and have 3* Strange on every team.  Iceman's blue makes it impossible to use Strange's blue.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the passive aoe stacks with Okoye, I can see that being a pretty fast team. Focus on matching TU/yellow/red, which leaves more green on the board.

As a third with Gritty would be really fast as well, since you get auto aoe damage, plus some extra matches from the mini tile destruction. But it'll be a matter of if the auto board effects mess up your strike tiles.

It'll be interesting to see how easy it is to keep the 8 green on the board. But I would think it's pretty sustainable to have the aoe go off at least every other round if that's your goal. I love combos that require you to keep certain tiles on the board. If Gritty, it'd be a mini-game of both protecting your strike tiles, and managing how much green there is.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This character is going to be a monster whenever that PVE that puts down extra green comes back around. Evergreen? or was it Festival of Fights.

I'm curious if this will play nice with Banner? Mine is so bad I just can't really tell how actually trash tier he may or may not be, i just hear y'all complaining all the time lol.
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    The new 5 star was revealed in the most recent Marvel Minute. This character is a 5 Star Immortal Hulk themed after the comic series. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    well, looks like he's not playing well with BAnner then, lol
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Another Hulk? Could have just improved the other one.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Venomous said:
    The new 5 star was revealed in the most recent Marvel Minute. This character is a 5 Star Immortal Hulk themed after the comic series. 
    If this is accurate, I would definitely pull for this character even if he had no abilities.  

One of Marvel’s best series in recent years.
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2020
    Yeah. Should have put in some proof. They'll probably use an Immortal Hulk comic too to match. Curious which. 

Video says he comes out Thursday

Also. Yeah..... I haven't read it but I have seriously wanted to after seeing the unique art style 

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    yay more dilution! 
  • Akroma
    Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
    i used some cp on the favorites store :( to get more covers for okoye and kitty.i got 6 okoye covers and 4 kitty ones, so now i am at 10 covers okoye/ 8 covers kitty.

i still have around 1pulls to try to get brb before he leaves (i have him at 11 covers, with 2 saved covers, and some shards, and he is my favorite or targeted hero)

was that ok? or i screwed it up because of not waiting for this new hero? :( i just got panicked the favorite store would go offline :(
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akroma said:
    i used some cp on the favorites store :( to get more covers for okoye and kitty.i got 6 okoye covers and 4 kitty ones, so now i am at 10 covers okoye/ 8 covers kitty.

i still have around 1pulls to try to get brb before he leaves (i have him at 11 covers, with 2 saved covers, and some shards, and he is my favorite or targeted hero)

was that ok? or i screwed it up because of not waiting for this new hero? :( i just got panicked the favorite store would go offline :(
    Not sure what your goal/intent was.....Should you have pulled from FF?  I say yes, absolutely, chase two of the most useful 5's.

While the store for Immortal Hulk is not yet revealed, I find it hard to imagine that the new release will somehow be better than this FF store.

You'll have plenty of time to get an IH later on.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akroma said:

I think you made the right choice for your game overall. Don't sweat the new characters as much as ones like Kitty and Okoye and Bill. They will all serve you solidly.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this character named Immortal Hulk or The Hulk (Immortal)? Any chance he can be played WITH Banner due to weird naming rules?
  • Akroma
    jackstar0bluewolf  thanks for ur answers :)
  • Akroma
    btw, sorry if this is not the place to ask, but kitty has any feeders? i was searching the guides but they seem outdated. thanks :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emma Frost.
  • Akroma
    Emma Frost.
    ty :D just a few minutes after that i search not under feeders but under updates and found the table :) 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with his red doing “extreme “ damage I can’t wait to find out how much that will be.  Havok for 9 red does 18k.  His blue does 18k for 7 AP and is not considered extreme.  GG black does 24k for 8AP.  I want to see this red so 30K damage with 10k plus self damage for 7AP