***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Comments

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    This character's black looks like Mysterio Blue, Iceman Blue, and Gambit Black, where I'm just going to throw away any black cover I happen to pull.  Great.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Is using their/themself widely accepted as a gender neutral word now?

Yes.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    one thing I will be looking at with his black is how much team damage it does.  Overall this could be a very interesting new tank in the game and the reviving could come in very handy with challenge nodes.  

I can see bringing along true healers like Okoye or Doom.  With Okoye that green passive might get nasty as it’s not hard to get 8 green tiles out
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or never spend one, as the dude never dies?
    But the other two characters are taking it on the chin with every resurrection. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    bluewolf said:
    So you're saying 5* Wasp finally gets to shine... Call the swarm!!!!   :D
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    bluewolf said:
    With the trade off being that this character may be tanking more colors after each resurrection, and protecting allies from match damage over the long run.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    from from what I have read here are some things I like about the concept of this character.  They are better in the players hands than the AI.  Offensively they can tank die, revive wash rinse and repeats. This could be helpful in PVP or CL10 challenge nodes.  Defensively you can save this character for last and not have to worry about them coming back to life.  

With the green passive while I was playing PVE I found that it is really Was fairly easy to keep 8 green AP on the board.  Now when this character destroys 2 green it might limit the Times his green passive fires.  I also typically had a green match to make it I wanted so keeping 8 green off the board might not be too bad.

with this characters black I actually don’t mind his red doing self damage.

overall I like how this character looks and am hoping for some good numbers.  I think they will be better offensively than defensively which is much better than characters like Bishop and Worthy cap.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Kojubat said:
    Is using their/themself widely accepted as a gender neutral word now?

Yes.
    Maybe this is a clue, and it's the new nonbinary New Warrior Snowflake?

https://www.screengeek.net/2020/03/20/new-warriors-2020-snowflake-safespace-characters/
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    In all seriousness, yes, singular they, is, and more or less always has been, acceptable AND this character looks really fun to play and is making me question busting my hoard to finish off BRB. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler

The most important question, to me, is whether his revive works if he's downed while stunned?

THIS!

They seem like they will be a good/fun character on offense regardless, but revive on stun would make them good/annoying on defense too. I wish they had at least one more active, but regardless I’m excited. This character seems right up my alley and will make for some fun/unique teams!
    We're now at a point where precedence doesn't apply to new skillsets, but when you down a stunned GE Doom, he still removes all your special tiles.  

I don't know the interaction with GE Doom and 5thanos though, so I'm interested in the interaction with court death and this 5.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Mostly come out at night...Mostly” 

Green Convert > Green Destroy > Team Damage -  PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) At the start of your turn, converts 1 random basic tile to Green. Then, if there are at least 8 basic Green tiles on the board, deals moderate damage to the enemy team and destroys 2 basic Green tiles. (Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.)

Self Damage on Match > Revive on Down > Increase Match Damage -  PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) Whenever this character makes a match, deals low damage to themself. When Downed, if there are any non-Downed allies, this character is revived with moderate health, deals moderate damage to their allies, and this character's base match damage is increased by a moderate amount to a maximum of 

Enemy Damage > Self Damage - 7  AP
    Deals extreme damage to target enemy and large damage to themselves.
    Oh, it’s League of Legends as a character! Or rather, a League player. It’s Tyler1! Green is his growing envy at better players. Black is rage-quitting and reconnecting. Red is inting, or throwing yourself into bad fights and getting yourself killed, but because you  think you’re good.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone guessed Immortal Hulk and I think it seems to match because of the following reasons:

1) The colour scheme matches 3* Hulk,
    2) The first ability is similar to 5* Hulk's.
    3) This character gets stronger and hits harder.
    4) Apart from MEH, all other Hulks either deal self-damage or team-self damage of any variations.
    5) This is a Hero.

If it's really Immortal Hulk, this is the type of Hulk that many people wished for: Hulk should become stronger as he takes in more damage.

4* Thanos and 5* Storm can help him to generate green tiles for free AoEs.

5* Thanos can help him too.

His revive pals are Phoenix and Loki.

Throw him with America Chavez or Karnak to take advantage of the huge damage.

The most important question, to me, is whether his revive works if he's downed while stunned?

I came into this thinking it was Morbius, but this is convincing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Thanos is going to rip this one to shreds.

I wonder if this one plays similar to Thor. Do you bring them with 1 health?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okoye is a decent partner as she can heal the team damage and boost New5’s AOE but combined they have actives on only two colors. The following are 5 other partners I’d love to try.  

5. Beta Ray Bill
    - New5, with the highest match damage in the game, will actually tank green for Bill. Hopefully when downed, the protect tiles Bill accrued will shield his team from the revive damage. 

4. Daredevil
    - New5 deals damage to Matt, who makes strikes to stack on top of massive match damage. DD has a green outlet as well (albeit not a good one). 

3. Doctor Octopus
    - New5 will tank all but blue. Get Ock’s reactor out (and keep upgrading it with green) and hopefully your team can heal the team damage off the strength of that repeater. 

2. Doctor Doom
    - New5 tanks black for Doom’s nuke. Or leave black (and yellow) on the board to let him heal in background.  The only issue is there are only three active colors. But unlike with DD, two are mega nukes. 

1. Jean Grey
    Use Jean purple to fuel New5’s extreme red damage (I can’t wait to see how much “extreme damage” is). As New5 revives again and again from tanking he/she will kill Jean who will revive only to finally have an outlet for all your green AP- doing massive AOE damage. Of course if New5 dies from Jean’s team damage they just come back. Bring them both in at low health next match to start the cycle all over again! This is probably my favorite combo. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

At last!  The crossover we've all been waiting for.....?
    Or...
    Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    The clue and the colors are making me think 5* Blade.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Okoye is a decent partner as she can heal the team damage and boost New5’s AOE but combined they have actives on only two colors. The following are 5 other partners I’d love to try.  

5. Beta Ray Bill
    4. Daredevil
    3. Doctor Octopus
    2. Doctor Doom
    1. Jean Grey
    Agree on all for the most part. I also think Cable will be quite interesting
    New character adding green will help out Cable's expensive ability, and the potential for board shake may help line up blue matches. Once that blue CD is played you may earn lucky free stuns from green being added each turn.
    Cable's yellow strike tiles will add good damage to the automatic AoE.
    Alternatively, new character could be removing green before you could match it as well, but that goes for everyone. 

I'm expecting BRB will see the most pairings with this new guy (anyone surprised?).
    And I have a sinking feeling Okoye does not stack damage onto the AoE since it is tied to tiles being destroyed. I think I want to be wrong here, but maybe not, if it would be super annoying to face that automatically stacked damage.

Very looking forward to Daredevil pairing up with new guy. It could lead to another duo to take on the BRB Kitty teams out there. You won't really mind new guy taking hits from Kitty's repeater or Bill's blue (as long as you can get purple for DD).

I REALLY think new character should start adding 2x Green each turn after he revives for the first time. 

• Stranger Dan
    Stranger Dan Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    If it is a tie-in then the New Mutants movie that was supposed to open on April 3rd would be more appropriate. That's supposed to be a horror thing mainly adapting a story revolving around Danielle Moonstar's dream manifestation powers going out of control unleashing physical nightmares on her friends. That seems to work with both the clue and these powers.
  • Stranger Dan
    Stranger Dan Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    or maybe instead of Dani Moonstar it'll be the Demon Bear
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    This seems like another character that was designed to be a challenging opponent, more than a good character for the grinding play we actually have to do as players.  Unavoidable passive aoe?  Can't be downed until last?  Those powers will be absolutely brutal whenever this character ends up in a challenge node.