Congratulations....

bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
....to all the players in YouHave1Job who have contributed over 3 1/2 years to the achievement of first place on the All Time Leaderboard! 

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Congratulations :)
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Congratulations ! 
    And especially to Gladiator68 😁
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    The good:
    Congratulations to all the members of YouHave1Job. They've worked diligently to keep fighting and climbing to reach the top, and are now the only other coalition to be atop the leader board. We held the title for 3.5 years and respect the hard work and talent it took to reach that point.  

The bad:
    It's unfortunate that it had to happen in a week where one of our players was completely locked out of his nodes. We lost 540 points from a player being unable to participate.  In no way does this diminish the accomplishment of YH1J.  However, it remains a stark reminder of how much time and effort we pour into a buggy game in which player experience is consistently made a secondary priority to random implementations of ill-thought cash grabs.

Back to the good:
    Make no mistake, their victory was earned.  While I hate to lose the title in this manner, these bugs have happened constantly throughout the years to all coalitions, including YH1J. Who knows, they might have caught us earlier!  I embrace the challenge of being in a novel situation--not on top--and look forward to competing with the skilled players in YH1J in the future. 

I just wish that, after 3.5 years, players still weren't arbitrarily losing points to bugs that inexplicably haven't managed to be fixed.  

Please be better, Oktagon. 

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Wow, quite the accomplishment! You guys are awesome and have kept a steadfast set of players through a ton of crummy events. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kudos guys, that's one hell of an achievement to unlock.

The top of the leaderboard has been unchanged for a very very long time, I didn't think anyone could crack their way in.  Nice job!!!
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
         Based on official scores, GP should still be #1 with a lead of 4 ribbons.  But because of the known bug that games after the event can still contribute to the coalition's all-time score, a few minutes after TDW ended, YH1J is suddenly up by 8.  Maybe we should move this topic to the Bugs section?  ;P

Ok, I'm a GP player and I admit quite salty, but YH1J definitely deserves to be #1 and if we have a decent leaderboard that truly reflects how good the coalitions are, BlackLotus and maybe even GodsofTheros should be up there as well. 

I think this has opened a perfect opportunity for the devs to reset the leaderboard (resetting it earlier would have been unfair to YH1J).  In my mind GP will always be #1 (3.5 years, and 4 ribbons up when the event ended), but YH1J has proven event after event that they are the best right now (#1 after games after the event was tallied).  There's no better time to end the all-time coalition leaderboard.  Please @Oktagon_Support , archive the scores or move it to a hall of fame, and reset the leaderboards now!
  • bk1234
    edited March 2020
    Very clear player voice post:

As an alliance / coalition leader, I am a bit taken aback that members of GP are using this thread to politicize. 

Every coalition in this game has had rank affected by bugs. It sucks, but it happens to all of us. 

In 2017 when one of my own coalitions was knocked out of the top 10, we were the first to get on the forum and congratulate the new all time coalition. 

We may not always agree here, but we have always practiced pretty good will and sportsmanship towards each other. 

YH1J has worked very hard and has been steadily gaining on the leaderboards for quite some time. Perhaps you can let them enjoy the moment they worked so hard for? 
  • Scydrex7
    Scydrex7 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Congratulations to all YH1J players, both past and present. Your hard work and dedication is admirable. 

Congratulations are also in order for GoblinPile and its players. Being at the top of the hill for 3.5 uninterrupted years is no easy feat, and one that will probably not be replicated any time soon.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Larz70 said:
         Based on official scores, GP should still be #1 with a lead of 4 ribbons.  But because of the known bug that games after the event can still contribute to the coalition's all-time score, a few minutes after TDW ended, YH1J is suddenly up by 8.  Maybe we should move this topic to the Bugs section?  ;P

Ok, I'm a GP player and I admit quite salty, but YH1J definitely deserves to be #1 and if we have a decent leaderboard that truly reflects how good the coalitions are, BlackLotus and maybe even GodsofTheros should be up there as well. 

I think this has opened a perfect opportunity for the devs to reset the leaderboard (resetting it earlier would have been unfair to YH1J).  In my mind GP will always be #1 (3.5 years, and 4 ribbons up when the event ended), but YH1J has proven event after event that they are the best right now (#1 after games after the event was tallied).  There's no better time to end the all-time coalition leaderboard.  Please @Oktagon_Support , archive the scores or move it to a hall of fame, and reset the leaderboards now!
    Why should we reset the All-Time leaderboard?  It's All-Time for a reason, resetting it would pretty blatantly go against that.  And it would take away a lot of built up pride for a lot of coalitions, not just the top ones.

I do think there should be seasonal leaderboards (season length could be anywhere from 3 months to a year and I don't think anyone would have much of an issue).  Of course that would imply seasonal rewards, but *shrug*
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    bken1234 said:
    Very clear player voice post:

As an alliance / coalition leader, I am a bit taken aback that members of GP are using this thread to politicize. 

Every coalition in this game has had rank affected by bugs. It sucks, but it happens to all of us. 

In 2017 when one of my own coalitions was knocked out of the top 10, we were the first to get on the forum and congratulate the new all time coalition. 

We may not always agree here, but we have always practiced pretty good will and sportsmanship towards each other. 

YH1J has worked very hard and has been steadily gaining on the leaderboards for quite some time. Perhaps you can let them enjoy the moment they worked so hard for? 
    No one is trying to take anything away from anyone.

Yes everyone here has experienced bugs\crashes\etc. but to have a member completely locked out of an event that potentially could have changed the outcome is a bit egregious. This wasn't some random crash for a few points, this was a coalition that was limited to 19 players this past weekend thanks to no one but Oktagon.

FWIW YH1J was made aware of this situation well before the event ended and knew that steps were being taken to rectify it.

I don't believe anyone here is trying to diminish the accomplishments of YH1J, but GP also deserves to lose their place fairly and not arbitrarily.

I won't add anymore to this discussion, but I hope that this get's the attention of Oktagon and something is done to prevent this sort of issue in the future.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like maybe these comments should have been in a separate thread.
  • bk1234
    edited March 2020
    jtwood said:
    Seems like maybe these comments should have been in a separate thread.
    That would have been respectful and sportsmanlike. ❤️

• NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Congratulations and kudos to YH1J! 
    Your team has been consistently dominating event scoreboards, so well deserved!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gabrosin said:

To our worthy competitors from GoblinPile, we know that the work is not done yet, and that you all will be pushing to retake that spot and we'll have to fight just as hard to keep it.  It's a shame that the event was marred by one of your players getting locked out; it's a rare but devastating occurrence that we've witnessed before among our own ranks.  The very first event after I was promoted to YH1J, I gave us 0 ribbons because of a similar lockout.  (Instead of the nodes never unlocking, every time I would start a match the game would just error out without taking away the charge.)  I was nervous they were gonna boot me right back out!  I hope the devs can figure out a way to identify such issues and give us a better way to recover from them; the competition at the top is so good that no coalition can win when down an entire player.

Well said, sir, and congratulations once again. We appreciate the mutual respect between our coalitions, deadlocked for so long, and look forward to the continued competition. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congratulations!  That is quite a feat!  Now let's see how long you can hold onto it :)

*buh buh bummmmm*