New Character Blog - Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) (3/13/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 

The new character blog continues today with Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative).  We hope you enjoy some fun information that helps you get familiar with the character and the design from the team.

Enjoy the brief read!

New Character Blog - Maria HIll (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative)
Tagged:

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Truth be told, this feels more like one of the 5* character blogs than one of the usually-insightful 4* blogs. As far as I can tell, it's just a re-statement of the preview info, with no explanation of why her Invisibility works against self-damage when, say, Kate Bishop will still take the damage from hers if she's invisible, or why her Countdown couldn't be made to function like Spider-Ham's and Karolina Dean's, which still count down while they are Airborne.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ... or why they thought 90% self damage was a good idea when the AI doesn't know how to combo different powers together effectively.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,671 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or, y'know that despite not going with the jetpack thing they went with the jetpack thing art wise...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Or, y'know that despite not going with the jetpack thing they went with the jetpack thing art wise...
    It's a SHIELD jetpack, comes with a cloak?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,671 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    It's a SHIELD jetpack, comes with a cloak?
    Sure, why not? Although about those flying cars...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to agree with others this blog feels like a sales pitch over information about the character and the reasons why.  “Trap tiles that rival Jesica Jones” that is a lie.  “Some of the strongest strike tiles in 4*”. The problem is there are other characters that give just as strong if not stronger strike tiles without the massive negative effects like Nova, R&G, Captain Marvel, Hulkbuster, X-23 even Wasp.

i did enjoy the explanation of the thoughts of the jet pack and how going airborn was going to allow her to avoid the damage but it had issues so she went invisible instead.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 519 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In my SCL7 bracket, the top 6 winners all have multiple champed 5*. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that she’s actually quite meta and none of you want me to chase her.  ;)