Community Poll - Recent Battle Cargo Change

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

At the beginning of February, we made a key change to the way the Battle Cargo behaved following the 1.1.1 build; primarily the recharge time. Here is a quick recap of what that change was:

Before: 24 hour cooldown that fully recharges 6x Battle Cargo
After: 4 hour cooldown that recharges 1x Battle Cargo

Now that it's been almost 3 weeks, and players have had enough time to play around with it, we wanted to get your thoughts on this change. Do you like it? Do you not like it? Are you now playing more or less battles each day? Let us know by voting in the below poll and/or sharing your thoughts in the comments.

Thanks!

PS. Please keep the conversation on the topic of Battle Cargo. If you have questions or comments unrelated to it, then please create a new thread in the General Discussion section to discuss that topic further. Thank you!

Community Poll - Recent Battle Cargo Change 26 votes

I love it!
30% 8 votes
It's better than before.
46% 12 votes
Neutral
19% 5 votes
It's worse than before.
0% 0 votes
I hate it!
0% 0 votes
Other Opinion
3% 1 vote

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me, it's better than before, instead of I love it. 

Reasons:
    1) I'm already using six Battle Cargoes for each faction every day.
    2) It's more psychologically pleasing to see your Battle Cargoes coming in another 2 to 4 hours, rather than 18 to 21 hours.

• Faseyofar
    Faseyofar Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It is Nice, but instead of playing all at once, it is now spread over the day. which is nice. but i still only get 6 battles for trophies each day.  it would be nice to reduce the hours between time. maybe reduce from 4 hours to 2 hours. but also do not adjust how many bases appear on your map, keep that the same. so there is a limit on how many attacks you have each day. but this would allow players to feel that they are moving up still and will bring them back into the game more often. right now, i can play in the morning, then in the evening and not miss anything. 
  • FDS
    FDS Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like the way it is now, but as mentioned before, it would be nice for it to be every 2 hours instead of 4, but that is simply on my wish list :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @Faseyofar We've heard reports before, from players using the old Battle Cargo system, saying they just played one session and then didn't come back until Battle Cargo recharge. That's why we're hoping this change gives players more opportunity to play when they want to during the day.

Do you find that spreading it out over the course of the day works out better for your schedule, or is it just different from before; no better or worse?
  • Faseyofar
    Faseyofar Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Faseyofar We've heard reports before, from players using the old Battle Cargo system, saying they just played one session and then didn't come back until Battle Cargo recharge. That's why we're hoping this change gives players more opportunity to play when they want to during the day.

Do you find that spreading it out over the course of the day works out better for your schedule, or is it just different from before; no better or worse?
    to me it feels like a traded a whole apple for 6 1/6 parts of an apple. at the end of the day it is the same. it just allows those that can and want to do login a few more times during the day and battle and get some trophies for it. 

• Hovitos2k
    Hovitos2k Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It’s better than before but it needs to be sooner. Every 2 hours. There’s too much waiting in this game. Also the verbiage on battle cargo resetting is misleading. It offers a gem price to “reset” your battle cargo. So I spent it thinking I’d have all six cargos available. Instead, I only “purchased” one cargo box. That is not a “reset.” That is “purchase one cargo box for so many gems.” Why you all about ripping off your community??!!
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree @Hovitos2k it should be made clear that the buyout is one charge...  I still like the 4 hour recharge time vs. 24 hour though...  Even though I no longer have a morning and evening bus ride to work due to work from home due to...  reasons... :(

• alfred0809
    alfred0809 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There’s too much waiting in this game. Also the verbiage on battle cargo resetting is misleading. It offers a gem price to “reset” your battle cargo
This discussion has been closed.