Pandas of DOOM - Alliance Chat

Comments

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Node 9 of the simulator is really really annoying. It's the one with the two goons feeding green AP to Lazy Thor. No matter what you do, youre gonna get a Call the Storm in the face by like turn 5 icon_mad.gif

Only reason I'm able to beat that node is thanks to Dr Doom and his 9000 HP since he's buffed.

Well, if LazyThor's level is low enough that he doesn't insta-kill her, classic Storm can do it. Thor's storm triggers triple tempest. It's either that or stun locking him since the goons keep feeding him as you say. MN Magneto and c.Storm worked for me, though all three had like 200~400 hp in the end (the good doctor soaked a hammer too, lucky AI cascades).
  • just use a level 1+ black widow (x/5) to stun lock him. IM40 to feed blue and it can work.
  • I just joined your alliance (pending that is). I am a daily player with decent roster and quite usually in top tournament spots.
  • Btw my ingame username is the same as here schi. I am currently at the top of the easier simulator.
  • MattR42
    MattR42 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Hi, I just applied for membership. I play daily and in all tourneys. I have several 3*s at 100+.

I can definitely help out, so please accept. icon_e_smile.gif

MattR42
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Ok are welcoming our next two Pandas Matt & Borras. Thanks to all the applied and sorry to those who I didn't get back to or if didn't make it this time. I got quite inundated over night with requests over night heh.
  • MattR42
    MattR42 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Thank you!
  • MaxCavalera
    Kolence wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Node 9 of the simulator is really really annoying. It's the one with the two goons feeding green AP to Lazy Thor. No matter what you do, youre gonna get a Call the Storm in the face by like turn 5 icon_mad.gif

Only reason I'm able to beat that node is thanks to Dr Doom and his 9000 HP since he's buffed.

Well, if LazyThor's level is low enough that he doesn't insta-kill her, classic Storm can do it. Thor's storm triggers triple tempest. It's either that or stun locking him since the goons keep feeding him as you say. MN Magneto and c.Storm worked for me, though all three had like 200~400 hp in the end (the good doctor soaked a hammer too, lucky AI cascades).

Sometimes you get lucky and they make a rocket =) I accidentally started this node once with OBW and not spidey. What I should have done was retreat immediately.... ouch
  • Ok are welcoming our next two Pandas Matt & Borras. Thanks to all the applied and sorry to those who I didn't get back to or if didn't make it this time. I got quite inundated over night with requests over night heh.

Thanks and big hello to other pandas icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • welcome all!

i saw sinner in the lightning round... can't get rid of that guy. hope you enjoyed the boost icon_e_wink.gif (my level 15 patch vs your level 200 magneto... soooo close).

still willing to buy a slot, haven't gotten commandeered yet though. your call.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Blood, thanks for the 15pts in the Hood LR icon_e_biggrin.gif That will teach you to attack a fellow alliance member! icon_razz.gif
    (I actually skipped you like 2 minutes before, haha)

Got my 5th Blue Hood cover, woo icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MaxCavalera
    bloodwars wrote:
    welcome all!

i saw sinner in the lightning round... can't get rid of that guy. hope you enjoyed the boost icon_e_wink.gif (my level 15 patch vs your level 200 magneto... soooo close).

still willing to buy a slot, haven't gotten commandeered yet though. your call.

Ahh great I have promoted you now.
  • Kolence wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Sometimes you get lucky and they make a rocket =) I accidentally started this node once with OBW and not spidey. What I should have done was retreat immediately.... ouch

I'm using Dr. Doom, Ares and Modern Hawkeye. Hawkeye do not take damage from Call the Storm, so it is working fine with me =D The fight is very tough but in the end we always win icon_cool.gif
  • k, bought a slot just now.
  • So I've got Punisher to a 3/5/3 build, and time to decide if I go for Black or Red. I read through the guide posted in the forums, and sounds like you really want to look at either 5/5/3 or 3/5/5. Thoughts one way or the other?

Also - I've noticed that I'm seeing a LOT more higher level characters in PvP lately - is that a function of moving past that lvl 85 wall?
  • sinnerjfl
    I had both Punisher builds, 5/5/3 for a long time, and then managed to respec 3/5/5. They're both very good builds and the difference only comes down to how you deal damage in the end. If you go with 5 in Molotov, you'll do a lot of damage every turn when your attack tiles are out along with strike tiles. The only problem, you have a lot more board management to do (not destroy your own tiles and defending them) and the enemy can just use a board clear ability thus destroying a lot of your tiles.

With 3/5/5, your molotovs will spread much slower but you still get the AOE damage. The attack tile will be a little weaker (-10 or something). Retribution at level 5 really shines in PVE with enemies that have like 15000 HP. It also only costs 8 AP and the base damage at max level is around 1400, it is quite spammable even if it doesnt down the enemy. At level 5, it's 40% to down an enemy, that 10% didnt seem like much but I see it now. Dealing with Thor, Hulk, Rags is a breeze now.

Soooo, I'd go with 3/5/5. It's a more efficient build and you're less subject to all of your attack tiles getting destroyed.
  • sinnerjfl
    About your PVP matches being against higher level opponents, thats just your MMR (match-making rating). Basically, the more wins you get, it will keep increasing and you'll be matched against higher opponents. If you want to lower, just stop doing so well icon_e_biggrin.gif

No but seriously, if you want to lower your MMR, you need to "tank". Play the Lightning Rounds or enter a tournament you dont care about. Then just win a match with a weak team and just wait for the retaliations to come in. The more you lose, the lower your MMR will get. The team used for defense is the last team you won with so keep that in mind.
  • MaxCavalera
    ubergaijin wrote:
    So I've got Punisher to a 3/5/3 build, and time to decide if I go for Black or Red. I read through the guide posted in the forums, and sounds like you really want to look at either 5/5/3 or 3/5/5. Thoughts one way or the other?

Also - I've noticed that I'm seeing a LOT more higher level characters in PvP lately - is that a function of moving past that lvl 85 wall?

I have always used a 3/5/5 i never felt the need to switch i primarily use the molotov for its aoe and the 40% to down retribution comes in handy on high HP guys plus the damage scales too if you just wanna spam it. Yeah i guess your MMR is probably getting up there =) you could try tanking first half of a tournament that helps sometimes.
  • yeah, when my mmr was vs 85s (and i used 85), placing was a lot easier. i can't deal with these 140 mag/140 spidey teams well, so i had to settle for 11th place last pvp. the last hero lightning rounds i managed to grab something like 4 courageous and 12 heroic token. this time... nope. I can spend 10 minutes killing the n00b teams and get top 250 no issue (and no one bothers attacking me), but if i try to get higher... bad things man, bad things.

as for punisher, 3/5/5 all the way. attack tile damage is stupid low, and your green will wreck them more times than not. vs 230s, that 40% can be up to 8k damage, and it's pretty decent as direct damage anyways. molotov aoe damage caps at 3, so there's no reason to go higher (unless that's the only cover you have).

idid a hard grind to get to #1 in hard mode simulator, got 3 tokens, and they were all useless **'s. go me! still waiting on the alliance hood cover, and i think we got 100 HP too (lone star). I only got up to 600 rating myself, it's a bit of a zergfest.
  • MaxCavalera
    bloodwars wrote:
    yeah, when my mmr was vs 85s (and i used 85), placing was a lot easier. i can't deal with these 140 mag/140 spidey teams well, so i had to settle for 11th place last pvp. the last hero lightning rounds i managed to grab something like 4 courageous and 12 heroic token. this time... nope. I can spend 10 minutes killing the n00b teams and get top 250 no issue (and no one bothers attacking me), but if i try to get higher... bad things man, bad things.

as for punisher, 3/5/5 all the way. attack tile damage is stupid low, and your green will wreck them more times than not. vs 230s, that 40% can be up to 8k damage, and it's pretty decent as direct damage anyways. molotov aoe damage caps at 3, so there's no reason to go higher (unless that's the only cover you have).

idid a hard grind to get to #1 in hard mode simulator, got 3 tokens, and they were all useless **'s. go me! still waiting on the alliance hood cover, and i think we got 100 HP too (lone star). I only got up to 600 rating myself, it's a bit of a zergfest.

Yeah seems like PvP alliance events are more fair (better rewards =)) for smaller alliances that can place so that is nice we call reap some rewards and the thor one is also alliance yay.