Treacherous blessing, what's the point?

Options
andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor

I don't get why you would want to play this? Do discarded card in this way, keep the mana?

Is there something with buried that I missed?

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    Options

We might imagine extreme situations .... Like an interaction with astral drift or a two-sided support destruction ? Hardly playable anyway...

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sometimes, crazy cards are made and they make no sense at the time... but later they actually have a fun use.

Like the new Inverter of Truth combo in paper. When that card first came out, it was like "wth do i do with this piece of junk?!?" Now, you win games with it.

• ALEJANDROID
    ALEJANDROID Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Maybe Razia is the answer
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In legacy you can combine this with Shatterstorm for some gigs, but if you are trying to combo it out I find Blessing to be way too dangerous. Then again, I am not a fan of all those "exile cards from hand for effect" cards. It's a reason why I never use Astral Drift either (tried to, but it's too much a hassle).
  • NoDogNo
    NoDogNo Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just threw this into a Legacy Ob Nix deck with Lich's Mastery, and that seems to work pretty well. I may try it in something like a Bolas2 Razia deck to see how that works out.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It should be the most expensive card in an Allure of the Unknown deck.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    I am not a fan of all those "exile cards from hand for effect" cards. It's a reason why I never use Astral Drift either (tried to, but it's too much a hassle).
    I don't play those cards in PvP events because I think it's unfair that people run into decks the game is 100% incapable of utilizing (think cycling). If I could put just one restraint on this game, it would be that the AI has to at least have a reasonable chance of playing any cards as designed. If the AI will never exile cards from its hand, then cards dependent on that function should not be created.

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe Razia is the answer
    ok, but there are better damage yourself cards that do less damage. (razia deals her power in damage)

Gabrosin said:
    It should be the most expensive card in an Allure of the Unknown deck.

now THAT is an idea, kinda like harmless offering

Still, i dont get what the card does that isnt done better by experimental frenzy.

It requires mana to discard cards, and it damages when you cast cards, forcing you to play only buried/escape cards