**** Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited April 2020 in Character Details

Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Heroes, Team Iron Man, S.H.I.E.L.D.

"A former Marine turned S.H.I.E.L.D. operative, Maria Hill gets the job done, whatever it takes. With reflexes every bit as sharp as her wit, this is one agent you don't want on your case!"

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
3297 Health / 12212 Health
 10 |  9 |  33 |  42 |  8 | 37 |  23 |  3.8x
 13 |  12 |  65 |  85 |  11 | 74 |  43 |  3.8x

Life Model Ambush - 8  AP
Using a Life Model Decoy, Maria sets up a devastating ambush for her foes. Creates 2 Purple Trap tiles that deal 759 damage when matched by either team. (Max level 1479 damage)
  • Level 2: Creates 3 Trap tiles.
  • Level 3: Deals 981 damage. (Max level 1912 damage)
  • Level 4: Creates 4 Trap tiles that deal 1055 damage. (Max level 2056 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1712 damage. (Max level 3337 damage)
Best of Intentions - 6  AP
Maria puts a bold plan into action, ignoring the potential fallout. Creates 3 strength 62 Strike tiles and creates a 3-turn Countdown tile. When this Countdown tile expires, Maria Hill takes damage equal to 90% of her base health. (Max level strength 121 tile)
  • Level 2: Creates strength 84 Strike tiles. (Max level strength 164 tile)
  • Level 3: Creates 4 Strike tiles and places a 4-turn Countdown tile.
  • Level 4: Creates strength 121 Strike tiles. (Max level strength 237 tile)
  • Level 5: Creates 5 strength 134 Strike tiles. (Max level strength 262 tile)
Get Out Alive - 7  AP
Maria Hill always has a high-power exit strategy. Maria deals 139 damage to the enemy team and turns invisible for 2 turns. (Max level 271 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 306 damage. (Max level 596 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 334 damage and goes invisible for 3 turns. (Max level 650 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 667 damage. (Max level 1301 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1195 damage and goes invisible for 4 turns. (Max level 2331 damage)

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Maria Hill & Friends - March 12 - 20

• 80 Item Vault
    • Legendary token
    • 3x Beginner Support tokens
  • Random Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) cover
  • 2x random 4-Stars:
    • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O’Hara)
    • Northstar (Classic)
    • Talos (Skrull Warlord)
  • 21x 3-Stars
    • 3x Featured
    • 18x Random
  • 52x 2-Stars
    • 10x Featured
    • 42x Random

Release Debut:

Cosmic Chaos - March 12 - 17

• Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) In placement rewards

Featured Event:

LOST IN TIME - March 16 - 20

• Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) as a progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Maria Hill & Friends vault

Versus Tournament:

Hill to Spy On - March 15 - 18

• Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) as a progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Maria Hill & Friends vault
Note: Eagle eyed viewers will notice something that's *NOT* there this time. We're going to release Mari Hill *without* a S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event running alongside her release. We're re-evaluating the effectiveness of these S.H.I.E.L.D. Training release events as a result of player feedback about many aspects of it (required characters, matchups, etc.) and want to see how the character launch works without this event running. While hot takes about this aren't a bad thing, we'd like feedback on the overall different feel of this 4-Star character release with the changed release cadence once you've had a chance to experience it.

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    So what's the purpose of that black power?  It basically kills her? I may be missing something about her but she sure seems very weak, don't really think any of her powers are decent. Maybe her blue is ok if paired with Okoye etc.

I guess you hope to get rid of the countdown in time but for what you get, doesn't seem that great.  In addition, anyone who fortifies your tiles actually is bad to use with her if that is your goal?

I do also see where she could be a good pair with Kitty but I guess imo not better than Grocket who most people already have.

Wish they had done something with her traps that maybe would have really synced with Sinister (I know in comics they have nothing in common etc.) but having her be a really good trap character/booster with the same tanking colors would have made sense.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards

Not sure how to build her. Looks good though.

Does her black create strike tiles on different colors? If so, she would be fun with Kitty and Domino.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good, I can care even less about the four stars now. Don’t even need a 209 anymore. Great news!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    So IceIX said:
    [...]we'd like feedback on the overall different feel of this 4-Star character release with the changed release cadence once you've had a chance to experience it.
    so the “changed release cadence” is confirmed as well then? 4/5/4/5/4/5?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Boring. Another wasted slot.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Hope the art is as pretty as usually is, at least. 
    Oh well. 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    The fact that she's at best a low to mid tier character is probably going to further skew any information they're hoping to gain about player happiness or attempts at cover acquisition. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    One of the few things that helped build excitement over new character releases. Even if it was repetitive, it helped promote the character, gave us a different cycle at least.

Also, re: Hill, seriously with black power?! Take 10k+ damage for an extra 1k match damage that will be half gone by the time she gets the fallout.

I mean, it's in character, but maybe a bit too useless?
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Pretty silly to scrap the whole thing when the annoying part was having to have recently released characters so high. Meaning mostly the whales got them.

Simply required 5 or 6 of a cover Instead of 10 would have made everyone happy.

As far as she goes she looks ok, could replace rocket with rocket and kitty.

I'm guessing the cool down and and Invisibility works hand and hand? If you're invisible you won't take the cool down damage right?

Right.....?