So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may know me as the Assistant Producer now, but others may remember me as D3 Go!'s Community Manager starting back in 2016. From engaging in forum conversations and meeting players at conventions to working on new features and launching new games, these past 3+ years have been nothing short of a whirlwind of exciting activity.

Throughout my time here, I've always felt an immense appreciation for the passionate community surrounding our games. Working on these game titles and making the experience better was great, but what really energized me to do my best were the moments I got to see how much people genuinely enjoyed playing our games.

That's why it's with a heavy, but grateful heart that I am announcing that today will be my last day here at D3 Go!

I just want to thank you all for everything. Thank you for being as patient and understanding as possible, when we were faced with hurdles and challenges. Thank you for laughing at my silly gifs and memes. Thank you for sharing all of your triumphs and defeats, your feedback and sentiments, and your stories and memories. 

Most of all, thank you for all of your support and being a part of our amazing community. You all are what make our games so special and great. I wish everyone the very best, and I can't wait to see these games and its community continue to improve and grow going into the future.

Cheers,
Brigby - Arthur Chen

PS. If any of you wish to stay connected, then feel free to follow me on Twitter: AChenSensation 
I like to post stuff about video games and esports, and I'll be posting stuff about what I have in store for the future soon!

(Disclaimer: All posts on my social media channels are solely my own opinion, and are not reflective of the opinions or viewpoints of D3 Go!)

Comments

• Scydrex7
    Scydrex7 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Godspeed, Mr. Chen!
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    ahhhh, sad to see you go @Brigby
    best luck in next sea :)
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best wishes! Maybe poke your head in from time to time. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    NOOOOOOOOOOO,

It was bad enough to lose you to GI Joe, but now you're gone for good?

So sad to see you leave, I hope wherever you go next you are happy and subject to much less complaining :D
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Sad to see you go @Brigby. You had always been our single shining light and hope in this game. 
    On the flip side, now that you are no longer an employee, it will be fabulous if you continue to play this game and comment with us as a player on this forum! 
    Come on, join us!!!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    You've been a bright star in the darkness... Thank you!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Wish you the best for the future ... Over all these years,  thanks for being the most reliable part of this game!
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Goodbye @Brigby, you will be missed.

Good luck in your future adventures.
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    GI Joe game was that bad, was it?
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    @WiLDRAGE Sometimes a company will give a star employee a new and exciting gig to try to keep him or her, but it may not be enough if there’s another good offer on the table. Just a guess here, but I’ve seen it happen.

@Brigby you are missed around here! Oktagon_Support is doing a fine job steering the ship but these are big shoes. There was a sincerity and honesty in your communications that really walked the line well of what you could share with this community, even though we weren’t always satisfied. Thanks for taking on this really challenging role and mastering it. It is definitely a sad day to hear this news and I wish you well in the future.

Oh yeah, and I appreciate the Douglas Adams quote!
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    All the best to you @Brigby! You will be missed!
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    I'm barely around here and usually for complaining about stuff (funny, since I no longer play competitively), but I've been reading the forums and what's going on.

Sorry to hear you leave Brigby, and hope to see you around here as a regular player... though nobody could blame you from not having any interest in the game any longer (I know that if I spent time at work on something I really wouldn't want to spend any personal time on that particular thing!). I hope that whatever new opportunity you have on the horizon is challenging and rewarding enough for such a great professional. Good luck! (gonna stalk you on LinkedIn to see where you're heading :wink: )
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Cheers Brigby/ Mr. Chen!

Thank you for your time with us. I'm confidant where ever you land will be mutually benificial.

Farewell!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    May your future endeavors bring you a great deal of happiness. You will be missed. Good luck to you @Brigby
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Best of luck in your future endeavors! @Brigby