COTT: Carol vs IM XLVI

Well, I just recently maxed her and black matches were easily made. Wiped the floor with IM.  NEXT

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah that took about 30 seconds. Embarrassing for 5* Tony...
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    I had all but lost this match, with the Barrage out, but a ridiculous AI cascade left Carol with <3K health, and IM's yellow CDs out. Thus Barrage nullified, and expiration of any CD was instant death.

I got just what I needed from the board however, and was able to maneuver the CDs to where I could match them away. 

Token was a Kraven.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah that took about 30 seconds. Embarrassing for 5* Tony...

The only reason it took me any longer is that I couldn't get any yellow, so I had to wait the full 5 turns to blast him. Even with that, it was only like a 7 turn fight, tho.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Poor ol' Iron Man didn't get a chance to launch a single power - I landed black in a corner, let it sit for a couple of turns until I had enough strikes out to ensure a one-shot kill, and then popped the countdown with yellow. 

My reward was a champ level for Ronin - not bad at all, as he's one of my favorite sort-of new 4-stars.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Ronin sitting there to be champed. I remember quite liking him when he came out but then forgetting all about him. I might take a look at that once I re-up my 2* farm and have a little spare iso.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have Ronin sitting there to be champed. I remember quite liking him when he came out but then forgetting all about him. I might take a look at that once I re-up my 2* farm and have a little spare iso.

He was on my default Sim team for several seasons, as he works great with Gritty. At 5/5/3, red spits out *three* attack tiles for Kitty to play with, just from matching red, AND you still get to use the red AP for Gritty's red (which may spit out even more attack tiles). Plus, his green hits hard with Kitty's buffed strikes. His purple seems a bit overcosted, but that makes it a good dump skill at 3.