Faulty mission objectives

Options
2»

Comments

• Pantagruel
    Pantagruel Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    And more, post 4.0. Perhaps renaming this thread to 'Fixed in 4.0' was somewhat premature. Perhaps it always will be.

Greg cast Savage Stomp in DoM T+M level 3 "Ixalan's Wildlife", but the damage dealt by my creature as a result did not count towards the 'Enraged' objective.
    Oh, that's a super old bug.
    Yes.

And that's a BAD thing.
  • Pantagruel
    Options

Titanomachy objective is not working. Which one? Test your damn game and find out. Perhaps, just test it everything one time before you put it out there. You know, just to show you don't have utter contempt for the players.

It's one thing to have some obscure, rare card not work when it's first implemented. It's another for, say, a rare card that's been implemented since the very start of the game like Avaricious Dragon to still continually generate new bugs after many years. But it's frankly disgusting for an event like this, which every single player of the game will play, to not have undergone the most basic of quality assurance.

I have removed the [Fixed on 4.0] tag from the title of this thread, because, honestly, the sheer freaking hubris of thinking this aspect of your game had been fixed and would remain fixed. This tag no longer applies and I doubt it ever will.

• Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

I'm getting really sick of these obvious bugs. I just lost three points to the summon bug on the bottom node in Titanomachy despite both summoning and casting (the typical way in which that objective is bugged, which is a thing I should not be able to say) 4 creatures in the match. How am I supposed to do the best I can if I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing? It shouldn't be a crapshoot whether event objectives are what they say they are.

I'm a software developer and I know how complicated even simple-seeming parts of programs can be, so I have a lot of patience for bugs. But this game is sorely trying my patience with the alarming number of bugs and the consistency with which we can expect them. It's gotten to the point where coalitions are scrambling after a patch to create lists of cards people should not play because of how they are liable to break the game.

• __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options

Wait, the people in your coalition still play??

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

My first thought when this event started was "Don't let there be any bugs" and what happened? A secondary objective that has been used like forever (Commander: summon X or more creatures) is NOT working. Man, this game is becoming a laughing stock!!

BTW: for players who haven't figured it out yet... the bugged objective only counts spells, not creatures.

• Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options

No, the bugged objective is counting common-uncommon-rare creatures. I assume it's a new objective they failed to label, not a broken old objective.

• ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Best consensus we have right now is that it counts common/uncommon/rare cards, doesn't matter if it's a spell or creature. I've personally had it count Goblin Electromancer and discovery both in the same fight. Along with Casualties of War, Sweet Oblivion and Drown in the Loch.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Agreed, it seems like it counts common/uncommon/rare cards that are cast.

• Pantagruel
    Options
    Ravnica at War, 'Destroyer' objective has that old bug where PW abilities don't count.

If I was on the dev team I'd be ashamed of the work I was putting out.