HQ not updating in timely manner

I just watched a replay of an attack on my Joe base. That base layout being attacked is at least a week old, probably older. How long does it take for changes to my base to be updated for my opponents? The delay really shouldn't be more than an hour tops. Days and weeks is absolutely unacceptable. This has been a consistent problem in the game for me for many months.

Comments

• Hovitos2k
    Hovitos2k Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

I am having the same issue. I’ve upgraded weapons, changed floor plans, added a helicopter days ago and attack replay reflects none of this. What gives?

• Blockade
    Blockade Posts: 19 Just Dropped In

I added a helicopter to my base yesteday. Reviewing an invasion from earlier this afternoon showed an attack on a base layout that is over a week old.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @Blockade Currently what the game does is take a "snapshot" of a base when it pops up on someone's map. So unless that player skips the base, and then waits for it to randomly reappear again, the base will not update.

We are currently investigating whether we can add some sort of an internal refresh mechanic, so that bases can be occasionally updated, but this initial method was likely chosen due to the way data gets loaded and how it impacts the game's performance.

Once we have a better idea as to how we can improve this experience, then we'll be sure to provide more details.
  • Blockade
    Blockade Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Okay, this is a huge, game-breaking oversight. If changes to our bases defenses are not immediately updated, then all of the work we do to level up, obtain different defensive units, and deploy them strategically, is pointless. If it's going to be weeks before the changes I made to my defenses yesterday are updated for all of my opponents, then what's the point of playing? This is literally the entire crux of the game, and you're telling us it doesn't work?