***** Havok (Classic) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited April 2020 in Character Details
Havok (Classic)

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Affiliation: Heroes, X-Men

"Alex Summers grew up ignorant of his family history. After reuniting with his older brother Scott, he struggled to come to terms with his explosive mutant power: absorbing and reprojecting cosmic energy. Now a member of the X-Men, Alex increasingly finds himself taking on new challenges of both leadership and friendship.” 

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450
14511 Health / 58325 Health
 26 |  201 |  157 |  22 |  179 | 24 |  100 |  4.0x
 102 |  805 |  626 |  87 |  716 | 95 |  398 |  4.0x

Plasma Beam - 9  AP
Havok focuses burning-hot plasma at his enemy, melting through their defenses. Deals 3216 damage to the target, ignoring enemy Protect tiles and converting 1 Blue basic tile into a Blue Charged tile. (Max level 12925 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 3479 damage. (Max level 13983 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 3479 damage and creates 2 Blue Charged tiles. (Max level 13983 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 4018 damage. (Max level 16148 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 4553 damage and creates 3 Blue Charged tiles. (Max level 18297 damage)
Cry Havok - 12  AP
Havok emits shockwaves of energy in all directions. Destroys up to 2 enemy Attack tiles, targeting Fortified tiles first, and deals 462 damage to the enemy team for each tile destroyed. Then, deals 678 damage to the enemy team. (Destroyed tiles don't deal additional damage or generate AP) (Max level 1858 damage per tile, 2726 damage to enemy team)
  • Level 2: Destroys 3 enemy Attack and Protect tiles. (Max level 1858 damage per tile, 2726 damage to enemy team)
  • Level 3: Deals 711 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 1858 damage per tile, 2859 damage to enemy team)
  • Level 4: Destroys enemy Attack, Protect, and Strike tiles, dealing 498 damage for each tile destroyed. (Max level 2001 damage per tile, 2859 damage to enemy team)
  • Level 5: Deals 533 damage for each tile destroyed and deals 1424 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 2144 damage per tile, 5726 damage to enemy team)
Radiation Absorption - 7  AP
Havok channels the cosmic energy in his cells into an unstoppable blast. Select either Red or Green. If Red is chosen, convert 2 Green AP to Red AP and deal 2550 damage to the target. If Green is chosen, convert 2 Red AP to Green AP and deal 1275 damage to the enemy team. (Max level - 10250 target damage, 5125 team damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 2805 target damage on Red. 1403 team damage on Green. (Max level - 11275 target damage, 5638 team damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 3060 target damage on Red. 1530 team damage on Green. (Max level - 12300 target damage, 6150 team damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 3490 target damage on Red. 1745 team damage on Green. Converts 3 AP. (Max level - 14029 target damage, 7015 team damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 4487 target damage on Red. 2244 team damage on Green. (Max level - 18038 target damage, 9019 team damage)

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Concentrated Havok Cover Store
  • February 27, 2020, 7:00am –  March 8, 2020, 2:00am
  • 1x pull:
    • 1 in 250 chance to get a cover of Havok (Classic)
    • ~1 in 13 chance to get a 4-Star
    • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
  • 10x & 40x pull:
    • ~1 in 166 chance to get a cover of Havok (Classic)
    • ~1 in 11 chance to get a 4-Star
    • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
  • The Concentrated Havok cover store will run for longer than usual stores to ensure that players have an opportunity to pull from the store if they wish to.

Special Limited Vault

Alexander Summers
  • March 5, 2020, 7:00am – March 10, 2020, 12:00am
  • 40 Items
    • 1x Power Overwhelming Legendary Store Token
    • 1x 4-Star Cyclops (Classic) cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2500 Iso
    • 6x 1000 Iso
    • 5x 500 Iso
    • 14x Two stars

Special Legendary Store

Power Overwhelming
  • March 5, 2020, 7:00am – March 10, 2020, 12:00am
  • 15% chance to get Havok (Classic), Black Bolt (Inhuman King), and Silver Surfer (Skyrider)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

Infinite Pursuit
  • February 27, 2020, 7:00am – March 2, 2020, 2:00am
  • Rewards tokens to the Concentrated Havok Cover Store
  • Havok (Classic) Shards in Placement rewards
Hearts of Darkness
  • March 1, 2020, 7:00am – March 6, 2020, 2:00am
  • Havok (Classic) Shards in Progression rewards
Top Gun
  • February 27, 2020, 8:00pm – March 2, 2020, 3:00am
  • Havok (Classic) Shards in Placement rewards
Wreak Havok (NEW - 5-Star Versus Event)
  • March 1, 2020, 8:00am – March 4, 2020, 3:00pm
  • Rewards tokens to the Concentrated Havok Cover Store

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards

5/3/5.

18k damage for 9 ap is beastly.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

Great. Now another partner for bishop giving him blue charged tiles.

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

Okoye and bishop have a new friend.

A lot of potential here.

The CPU won't play him well but it's kinda hard to go wrong with the damage from blue.

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
  • Anon

Seeing as his Green destroys attack tiles, is he supposed to be a Carbage counter or something? I'd rather it destroyed Strike tiles to assist against Kitty.

Granted by the time he gets to 12 Green ap its pretty much over anyway.

• Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

Yes!!!! 5* star featured event!!

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

Sooooooo... I'm assuming that since he's in progression for Hearts of Darkness that means he's required for that event.

Before he's in Latest or the Power Overwhelming store.

Shards in placement/progression are nice, but they won't equal a full cover.

Hold on to your wallets, folks, looks like Alex $ummer$ is taking a page from Profe$$or X... 🙄

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards

I think he’s supposed to be played WITH Carbage (despite overlap). Carnage creates enemy attacks. Alex blows them up for bonus damage. To bad the power cost is way way too high. 12? Really?? Also he does get to pop strikes and protects at higher covers.

• Anon

Oop, missed that last part. Regardless the power costs too much. Like I said, Gritty will murder him before he gets that much. And popping protects against Beta Ray Bill is ill advised.

Red and Blue are great though.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX can you give some clarity around when the new 5* will go into Latest Legendary tokens. There has been some confusion with the last 4 characters going into latest packs

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

since it prioritizes fortified tiles, does it 1-shot them or just break the fortification? @IceIX

• Daredevil217

That’s my assessment as well. What stops him from being truly great is the lack of any passives. Obviously Bishop will make him broken, but I’m really hoping a nerf for him is on the table with all the great blue abilities that have dropped consecutively (Bill, Sinister and now Havok).

A fun team if you spec 5 green and ignore red would be to play with Gambit/Storm. Full coverage, and Gambit can fuel his own red to pop charged tiles or have Havok convert for his green AOE. I just wish they’d remove the stupid power block already.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I’m thinking Carbage/BRB/Havok would be solid as well, but you’re likely using that BRB green over this one.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

I am feeling 5,3,5 pairing with Professor X and Storm in Sim. Fire Blue to fire red and then Storms black. Any match will be awesome.

also will pair well with Okoye where his blue and red will be nasty

his green is just expensive for 12 green. At level 5 it will remove 3 tiles but overall it is just not great. It has the classic does too much of everything but not great at one thing.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2020

I wish that green had just been a passive of some kind. This balance of cost/benefit is approaching 1* Iron Man with that one way out of alignment power you’ll never use.

i do like him with Professor X + Okoye though. You have Aoe for relatively cheap on 2 different colors, and as an X-Man you get some of that X buff.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX

I realize 2 AP is not a huge amount to need, but if you don't have 2 red AP for example and you use Radiation Absorption, can you choose the green/AOE ability? Or is that locked out in that scenario?

And vice versa for not having 2 green and wanting to use the single target nuke.

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards

Remember when there was 6 weeks between 5s?

• Daredevil217

I also have to say, that store... that’s like a store made just for me. Literally the two best Classics I don’t have champed (according to my own character rankings).

Bolt is 5/1/1 with about 2.5 covers in shards. So if I could pull 4 non-green I could finish him, or with 3 I could finish him when he’s essential next.

Surfer is 1/3/5 and is 4 Mr. F away from a cover in shards. So again, 3 non-black covers could get him champed as well.

And of course it’d give a head start on Havok. Seems almost perfect and could be a redemption opportunity for going 10% in almost 300 pulls today in Latests.

I’m nervous about splitting pulls and taking away from Latests though, especially after going said 10% and fearing a repeat.... double especially if they are going to start pumping out the characters faster. On the other hand, I likely won’t see a better opprotunity to finish these two. Decisions, decisions....

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Green seems underwhelming. 12ap for a Max of ~10k aoe is not great.

But red is good, and blue is useful.

Red is definitely a total kick to SS's curiously blank groin. Only 2ap for more about 60% more efficiency, and more certainty for the charged tile color too. This is a pretty good power, though there is a lot of competition in red.

Blue is also very good. Just 7ap for a decent nuke or a decent aoe, plus some AP arbitrage too.

5/3/5 seems the obvious choice. Also interesting to note that he has pretty high match damage, but is relatively squishy for a new 5*.