CotT: Agent Carter's Sting Operation: Peggy vs. Wasp

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards

It's a fight between two excellent 4* characters! I've always liked 4* Wasp a lot, so I was almost sad to put such a beatdown on her. There was a little bit of drama, as Wasp got her countdown out targeting blue, but then I craftily cast my blue power (even though the board had several blue matches) to not let her steal any, er, blue. To my shock all three countdowns landed in a corner and all resolved, and that put Wasp down for the count. I'm always sort of amused at Peggy's judgmental pointing animation on her blue power - do you think she is signaling to her allies who to attack, or is she pointing at the target and saying "You are a naughty person! You will be disciplined, Peggy style!"

My reward was a fine one - a champ level for America Chavez!

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

How did you get three Countdowns? It only places one per Character on her team.

In general, even tho Peggy's blue isn't that great in a one-on-one, it's still an important colour in this matchup, since Wasp has no blue outlet, and it controls both her buzzing and whether or not she has a Stun available.

With the board I had, it was all about the red. A couple of punches and it was back to dealing with whatever Peggy was working on before Wasp started buzzing around.

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

This was a challenging fight with a 2/2/1 Peggy. The blue is essentially a no-op, at 140 damage, but it's still important to collect. If Wasp gets either blue or yellow, it's pretty much game over, so that means I needed careful planning, and even still, a lot of board luck.

A 2* Taskmaster's Sword provided most of the damage. I had to survive two Stings, and only got off one of Peggy's red for 1567. I think I fired blue twice, but again, to not much effect. A cascade with 200 health left closed the deal on her.

Token waiting for Sinister.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards

Oops, that's right - it must have been just one countdown. I was so surprised that one managed to survive and win the match for me it must have felt like more . ^.^

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

The key to this one is going after blue - even though Peggy can't stun, Wasp can if she has enough blue when she fires her black so if you take that away then Wasp doesn't get in any free licks. I landed an early solid red hit and although she got off her yellow power the strike tile got immediately matched. However the protect shield was slowing Peggy down match damage wise but fortunately Wasp got another Tactical Intuition and flipped her shield and so Peggy was able to start getting some licks in. Peggy got her blue countdown off and Wasp scrambled to try and do something about it but it was too late and down she went.

This is a fairly groovy battle though as they are reasonably evenly matched and can both look after themselves 1 v 1.