Why the late start time?

**** Octagon. I just noticed the start time for the new coalition event. Starts at midnight est in the us. I'll be in bed by then. Also I work all weekend and then I have family commitments on Sunday night.

When do you think I will have time to participate. I know it's hard to make everyone happy but this is ridiculous. I feel bad for my coalition because I most likely will not participate in this event do to the timing of it.

Comments

• soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker

Honestly this seems like a really strange complaint.

1 It's the same timing as all the WAR events

2 Start time doesn't even close to matter, only end time

3 It actually starts at 11:00 PM EST

4 It builds changes so you don't even have to start playing until like 7AM Sunday morning (your time)

5 It ends at 9PM Sunday EST which makes yours about the most preferable timezone to be playing from

• greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020

Why do you think this is a strange complaint. It starts late Friday. b in Bed by then. I'm busy Saturday until I go into work. Work 2nd shift which I get off at midnight Saturday. Get home shower, eat and sleep. Get up Sunday for 8 am mass then go to work 9-5. Then my kids have dance performance at 530. If not at a dance thing it's cubscouts then. Go out to eat after. Get home around 8 if lucky. Get my kids in the shower and to bed. Maybe by then look at my phone by then and event will be almost over. This my weekend every week.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards

So.......what exactly is your complaint here? It sounds like you wouldn't be able to play much of this event anyway due to your busy schedule. I get that getting a couple charges in Friday night is better than nothing, but its not the devs fault that you spend the entire weekend doing things other than playing the game (which is, again, perfectly ok).

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020

They have to service a global player base... well, the ones they didn't cut off with their last language debacle. So we cannot expect everything to be North American-centric. Overall, the issues with their charge/event timing structure are more endemic to the very concept that charges have to build instead of being available in larger chunks. I have never seen an explanation for why they prefer to slow-drip the charges to us.

And then there's the weird issue with the Challenge of the Courts event where, apparently, you need to start ASAP and finish the first charge of all nodes ASAP without losing once or else you have absolutely no chance of fishing 1st. That event just boggles my mind. Basically, you have to set an alarm to its start time if you want to be competitive for the final results. I'm not really sure what was behind that thought process. It's a strange one.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards

The start time of the event isn’t when you actually have to start the event. It starts with partial charges. You have tons of time before you lose charges.

If ever you’re concerned about time management, @Volrak, @soultwist and the https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Main_Page team do a wonderful job of keeping the time table for every single event (individual and coalition) updated. You can see exactly when you start loosing charges. Make sure you check it out before each event to help plan your play time. (And thanks guys!!!)

• Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler

I can’t emphasize enough how much those resources on the wiki regarding start times have improved my quality of life with this game. I second a big big thank you to @Volrak @soultwist and everyone else who contributes to the wiki!

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards

Wouldn't matter what time the event started if they gave us all the charges upfront for the event with no recharges **wishful thinking**