New Character Blog - Karnak (The Shatterer)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Hi Everyone - 

The new character blog continues today with Karnak (The Shatterer). We hope you enjoy some fun information that helps you get familiar with the character and the design from the team.

Enjoy the brief read!  
Tagged:

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I enjoyed the article very much. 

If I may provide a small suggestion, the word “strike” is used a lot to mean “hits” or “blows” but to MPQers, those are the tiles that add dmg to matches and powers, etc. 

Hence it might read a bit confusingly to some people who aren’t familiar with the in game character yet to find that he’s not making strike tiles when they use him. 

But thank you!  I think you have done a great job of representing Karnak in MPQ. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    If I may provide a small suggestion, the word “strike” is used a lot to mean “hits” or “blows” but to MPQers, those are the tiles that add dmg to matches and powers, etc. 

Hence it might read a bit confusingly to some people who aren’t familiar with the in game character yet to find that he’s not making strike tiles when they use him. 

This was an issue with the HammerCap blog post as well. I had to read it a couple of times to figure out what he was actually doing.
    "...prefers the direct route to solve problems. Usually by punching them till they stop being problems."
    Seems like he'd get along pretty well with America Chavez, in more than just MPQ XD

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Shout out to suggesting he bring 1* Spider-Man and 1* hawkeye to the fight lol. Glad to see the trend of playing down isn't just for 5* designs. 

I always forget that Fury's "call up the avengers and do undisclosed stuff" power creates criticals. Main Event Hulk is probably hilarious to bring with him as well. 

I wonder if Iron Patriot's kit will ever get rolled into the Mobile MPQ somehow, where he could manually place 6 crits on the board?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder if Iron Patriot's kit will ever get rolled into the Mobile MPQ somehow, where he could manually place 6 crits on the board?
    With 5* match damage/crit multipliers, that move is probably too powerful.  Imagine Gamma Powerbomb with placed crits.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Even without placeables, Gamma Powerbomb is a buck wild move. In a Profe$$or X world, placeables would be serious business for sure.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome blog as usual. Any chance you would be willing to do a developer insight for CL10? Lots of questions and threads about it, and would love any additional info/insight/thoughts you all would be willing to provide as it’s a pretty huge addition to the game! Thanks again!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shout out to suggesting he bring 1* Spider-Man and 1* hawkeye to the fight lol. Glad to see the trend of playing down isn't just for 5* designs. 

I always forget that Fury's "call up the avengers and do undisclosed stuff" power creates criticals. Main Event Hulk is probably hilarious to bring with him as well. 

5* spiderman also makes crits.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    First Avenger Cap I think does it also on his “call the avengers and they do some stuff” power
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

Really awesome character, all around. Awesome art and great design! I really like how his abilities reflect his ability to find the flaw in all things. Kudos to the dev team. (^-^)/