Alhammarrets Archive still broken [Fix in 4.1]

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
The extra card drawn (specifically drawn per the card) using Alhammarrets archive does NOT trigger draw effects like Ob's ult.  The first card triggers normally.

Come on guys, lets get this card fixed please?  Its in Origins so if it doesn't work thats a huge problem.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the report. I'll relay this information to the team for review. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    The extra card drawn (specifically drawn per the card) using Alhammarrets archive does NOT trigger draw effects like Ob's ult.  The first card triggers normally.

Come on guys, lets get this card fixed please?  Its in Origins so if it doesn't work thats a huge problem.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

This card has never worked correctly with other cards that create draws. Something always goes belly up... weird that it is only this card. Needs to be completely recoded maybe?
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I found a strange interaction between forbidden knowledge and Alhammarrets Archive. I was playing Ob and cast Forbidden Knowledge. My opponent had out Als Archive already. I then cast lost legacy. My opponent lost his hand and started drawing cards as normal. He drew a card and took 8 damage and then als archive triggered and he drew a card and took no damage. This happened till his hand was full. Effectively taking half damage from my lost legacy bomb. I have never seen that happen before and if i understand the wording of the cards it sounds like a bug. 

Thanks!
  • Mburn7
    This is still an issue?  @Tombstone I thought you alerted the team of this back in August?
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79234/alhammarrets-archive-still-broken-investigating

Why is this so hard to fix?
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    There’s still a bunch of weird interactions with Alhammaret’s, including the Ob’s ult one which has now been an issue since about forever ago.

Another example happens when you pair it with Serum Powder’s overflow effect. Say serum is overflowing and you draw your first card - then you draw a second from alhammaret’s, then it goes back and fills up the *first* card’s mana with half of the *second* card’s cost (the second card gets no mana, as expected) - this is either great or terrible, depending on the order in which you drew the cards and how different their costs are. 

On second thought, it might be the second card receiving mana from first card’s cost. It’s difficult to activate this one on command and confusing when it happens. But either way, per usual it’s something involving alhammaret that isn’t quite right. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged similar threads together
  • Mburn7
    I notice this isn't one of the bug fixes listed in the Eldraine release notes.
    Anyone have an update on if its even being investigated @Tombstone @Oktagon_Support?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Mburn7

Don't worry, we're already aware of this matter.
    The bug is on the fixing schedule.
  • Mburn7

@Oktagon_Support seems like this is still bugged (tested with the Alhammaret's Archive and Walking Archive)