AWR 2.1: Academy Journeymage causes softlock [Fix in 4.1]

Options
naabaldan
naabaldan Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
Same as blink of the eye: academy journeymage was cast but no creture was returned to my hand, that hold two cards at that moment.

the only common to both ouccurences is, that i had pia and kiran nalaar with some reinforcements on the board. At both times occupying the first creature slot but with a different number of reinforcements.

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One of my coalition mates had 2.1 freeze on him THREE times in a row by Voidmage or Journeymage bouncing his reinforced creatures. Needless to say, he is furious about it. The bugpile is ever increasing... A simple event like AWR is no longer fun and relaxing with this mess.
  • LordDorwin
    LordDorwin Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    I've had the last 3 in a row lock on me.  Both Journeymage and Separatist Voidmage caused locks.

The third instance was truly bizarre - I was attempting to replace a stack of 2 Visionary Augmenters with Kinjalli's Sunwing and exactly the same sort of softlock occurred(this was also the creature that the mages were attempting to return to hand).

The LPS is useless in breaking whatever is looping - the dialogue box doesn't even appear at time-out.

As I have heard reports of Kaladesh block cards misbehaving in all sorts of ways post-update, I'm going to try this one on my last charge with only wizards and non-KLD artificers (Journeymage had no problem expelling one of these the time it worked).

Another possibility is that individual cards can be returned to hand, but reinforcements make the expel mechanism malfunction.  In all cases that mine froze up, a stack of creatures was involved.

Has anybody had a softlock with a single creature being targeted?
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I just played the last 2.1 recharge. Both Journeymage and Blink of an Eye successfully bounced creatures to my hand that were NOT reinforced. I think the issue is which multiple creature stacks. Thanks to these reports, I was very cautious to not reinforce my creatures vs these matchups.