Crafting changes (price)

soultwist
soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker

Packs Changes

Booster Pack Crafting Changes

Cards from the newest set will become available for crafting only after the release of the next set.

• Cards from the newest set will become available for crafting only after the release of the next set. Starting from Theros Beyond Death, the cards from a new set will only become craftable after the release of the next set. This means that, as long as Theros Beyond Death is the newest set released in Standard, the cards from THB will not be available for crafting, until the release of the next collection.

<snip>

*UPDATE*

<snip>

Booster Crafting

We will however maintain the change for when the former newest set is entering Booster Crafting.

This means THB will become available for crafting when the next set will be released. The price in Mana Orbs will be the same as any other Standard set.

This was posted in the 4.0 Packs Changes thread.

ELD is now a full set away and per this it should have a price the same as any other standard set.  it is currently still 1.5X other current sets.

Comments

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    I too can confirm this.
    I went to try and craft those 2 (formerly mystery) uncommons and they were showing the +50% orb price as were the other rarities.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hi guys,

You can find all the informations about Booster Crafting and prices clicking on the HELP CENTER (FAQ) button inside the crafting area in-game.
    We haven't changed anything about crafting prices.
    Thank you for the feedback.

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    I might've misinterpreted the text in the release notes.
    Also, this is my 1st time mashing the "quote" button, apologies if I didn't demonstrate proper protocol
    soultwist said:

*UPDATE*

<snip>

Booster Crafting

We will however maintain the change for when the former newest set is entering Booster Crafting.

This means THB will become available for crafting when the next set will be released. The price in Mana Orbs will be the same as any other Standard set.

I read this as the same prices as all standard sets.  But what escaped my mind was that the current set is still "standard" and has the +50% orb increase applied.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    I may be wrong, but isn't the "last craftable" set always 150%? I think ELD will be the normal 100% when TBD can be crafted.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Machine said:
    I may be wrong, but isn't the "last craftable" set always 150%? I think ELD will be the normal 100% when TBD can be crafted.
    That is normally how it works, but the release notes said:
    "This means THB will become available for crafting when the next set will be released. The price in Mana Orbs will be the same as any other Standard set."

"Same as any other Standard Set" means no cost increase when the newest set becomes craftable.  I assumed this was happening in order to offset the fact that we now have to wait 2-4 extra months until we can craft a new set.

@Oktagon_Support I guess that's not what you meant, but it is definitely what you said.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    At best its mis-explained.

I view it more as it was stated as a give and take so people wouldn't be upset.  Then implementation was just the take part (take away when its released, give back but not having the current set bonus)