Language changes after game update

I am a Taiwanese player. The language changed to English after the update makes it more inconvenient for me. Can I change it back to Chinese?
Tagged:

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello @McLaren720S

Unfortunately our game is only available in English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish now.
    We truly apologize for that and thank you for your patience.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Wow get ready for some fallout on that one. Would have been nice to get some heads up in the pre release notes @Oktagon_Support
  • Yammanig
    Yammanig Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Is this a temporary thing or that’s it and game no longer available to Tiaw/Russian etc. 

• Yammanig
    Yammanig Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Hello @McLaren720S

Unfortunately our game is only available in English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish now.
    We truly apologize for that and thank you for your patience.
    Is that the sum total of the explanation ? 
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    If it's not a temporary thing, the amount of players, that the game is going to lose will be tremendous.

I suppose, you are aware of that @Oktagon_Support
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Oktagon_Support is there a timeline for a potential fix? People are often more patient if they know how long they have to wait.

Also... All the old cards and sets fully operated in the other languages, so depending on what the cause of the limitiation is, would it be fast to have all cards but the newest set working properly in all languages again, just with a localisation delay for the newest set?

People are aware of the effort localisation takes and would be far happier if all the old cards were still as before and only the new ones needed to be waited on, that would be a lot more understandable than the current full regression.

Thank you for your time,
    Kinesia
    (Software tester and debugger)
  • Apollyon
    Apollyon Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Hi @Oktagon_Support
    Same here - I received few help request from my coalition members - they miss their national languages which makes the game harder/not playable.

Would be good to get it fixed - or state why such decision was taken.
    BR
    Apollyon
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    This is totally unacceptable to drop language support for so many utilized languages.
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Chiming in to say we have members of our group of coalitions that are affected too. I'm not happy that people are shut out because of language differences. I really hope this is temporary. 
  • McLaren720S
    McLaren720S Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    My thoughts on this are: The game itself is debugged and maintained by your company, and there are no offensive ads in the game process.  This is very good and gives me a great gaming experience.  In the past, each new card has a smooth translation in Chinese or other languages, but over time, does this unpaid maintenance and a large number of translated texts burden your company?  Besides, you also run several games at a time, which has caused you to give up translation in some languages ​​now.  If so, here are my suggestions: I do n’t mind if you add some ads to the game, but you can refer to the practice of Gameloft company, their ads will be placed at the end of a game, and options will appear when receiving the reward, depending on the choice  Continue or watch the ads to get double rewards, etc. Of course this is just a recommendation.
  • Mcclaine
    Mcclaine Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Oktagon is only responsible for the development of MTGPQ, not any of the other games. 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

@Oktagon_Support I have now lost two valuable top ten players because of this decision. I will not post my conversations with them because they are private. And I absolutely do not want to violate their privacy. Main complaint they do not understand the cards which makes this game unplayable for them.