Weird Interactions with Jump Start Cards Cast From Graveyard [Fix in 4.1]

ambrosio191
ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
When beacon bolt is in your graveyard and ready to cast, if you hit not now, either the card gets put into your hand with full mana, or if your hand is full, it soft locks the game.  I have not been able to reproduce this with other jump start cards.  Quasiduplicate (another jump start card with a confirmation prompt) just disappears from your graveyard if you hit not now.  It's not getting exiled and it's not getting placed on top of the library.  I have not tried with other cards with the Buried keyword.

Comments

• Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020
    I had beacon bolt soft-lock the game even with only 1 card in my hand when I hit Not Now.  I don't have a lot of the new buried cards yet but is it possible that if BB escaped, it will only soft-lock if your hand is full whereas if you filled it's Jump-start mana by exiling cards with mana from your hand, the game will soft-lock if you don't cast it?

EDIT: fixed grammatical errors before madwren notices them ;p
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I suggest changing the title to "Beacon Bolt can soft lock game when it's ready to cast from the GY and you hit Not Now" to make sure playerbase is alerted. Is that possible? @Oktagon_Support

Thanks.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,
    Thank you so much for the feedback.
    Our team is already aware of this and investigating.
    As soon as possible it will receive a fix.
    Thank you for your patience.
  • Zethish
    Zethish Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Ouch, one of my favorite cards, which I often press "Not now" on  :|
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Just wanted to update that I got the exact same freeze using Gravitic Punch, following the same process of selecting not now when casting from the graveyard.  This time I had 3 cards in my hand, so it doesnt seem to be limited to a full hand.  The game allows me to pull up the battle log and quit out, but thats all.