Scl10 point values same as Scl9; Challenge node worth points

Scl10 has the same point values as Scl9 in PVE. Shouldn’t at least one of the nodes in scl10 be valued higher than in scl9, so that optimal play in scl10 will result in a higher score than optimal play in scl9?  As it is, scl9 players are out-scoring comparable scl10 players because they can clear/grind faster. 

And wasn’t the challenge node supposed to be worth no points, but only rewards?  (Having to clear/grind that node along with all the others really adds a lot to the PVE time commitment.)

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players do not compete across different scl levels in pve. A bracket is limited to one scl ie. scl9 players are only competing against other scl9 players in their brackets. 

For alliance totals though, I can see what you mean by scl9 players are out scoring scl10 players. It really depends if the small number of points difference actually affect alliance rank enough to push them to a different reward tier in the ranks. Unlike personal leaderboards, alliance ranks are not separated by a few points. 
  • PapaBurger
    PapaBurger Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Pongie said:
    Players do not compete across different scl levels in pve. A bracket is limited to one scl ie. scl9 players are only competing against other scl9 players in their brackets. 

For alliance totals though, I can see what you mean by scl9 players are out scoring scl10 players. It really depends if the small number of points difference actually affect alliance rank enough to push them to a different reward tier in the ranks. Unlike personal leaderboards, alliance ranks are not separated by a few points. 
    I was referring to the impact on alliance rankings, but I should have explicitly said that. Players shouldn’t have to hurt their contribution to they’re alliance in order to play a higher scl. That isn’t how it has been until now. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, this is kind of sucky and will throw the top competitors into disarray.

I assume since this has been brought up a few times with no "oops" that it's entirely working as intended, at least for now, and not a bug.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    @Tombstone - can we get a comment on whether this is intended and IceX's CL10 rollout post was wrong with the challenge node actually being worth significant points? 

It's even worse for the release with 300k health worth of awful characters.