All 3* Champions Maxed! Now What?

SelfishPizza
SelfishPizza Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

I've just finished maxing all my champed 3*'s and now I don't know what to do with shards for these characters. 

I can't seem to turn the leftover shards into extra covers to sell for ISO-8 without creating another roster slot for them first.

Also, is it worth now starting a duplicate 3* character favorited and levelling them up to maybe start feeding a 4* character I want to boost, or is not worth wasting all the ISO-8 for this?

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    start farming them.  You can either buy more roster slots and begin building dupes while preserving your 266s, or you can sell off your 266s and build dupes in the same slots without expanding your roster (easier on your HP reserves, but harder in PVP).  Just make sure you don't sell a 266 before you have at least 1 additional cover to make a dupe so you can always play every essential node.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I started another version for each of the 3*s. That’s a personal choice though since I don’t like getting quickly whomped by panthos teams in PvP with a baby 3*. YMMV of course. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    start farming them.  You can either buy more roster slots and begin building dupes while preserving your 266s, or you can sell off your 266s and build dupes in the same slots without expanding your roster (easier on your HP reserves, but harder in PVP).  Just make sure you don't sell a 266 before you have at least 1 additional cover to make a dupe so you can always play every essential node.
    I do a version of this, with the exception of waiting until i have 13 covers on the new guy, before selling the max one.  The iso you gain from selling a max almost nearly covers the cost of champing a 3* from 40 to 166.

This ensures that im never without a champ version of the character in question, and they pretty much pay for themselves.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually they used to pay for themselves but sadly since the slash in Champion Rewards HP there is now a roster slot shortfall of 350HP per slot for a dupe (and they never paid at 2000 per slot)
  • SelfishPizza
    SelfishPizza Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Thanks guys, I've heard of people having dup characters, but it didn't cross my mind of selling my fully champed characters. I didn't realise I'd get so much ISO for them.
    PiMacleod said:
    Vhailorx said:
    I do a version of this, with the exception of waiting until i have 13 covers on the new guy, before selling the max one.  The iso you gain from selling a max almost nearly covers the cost of champing a 3* from 40 to 166.

This ensures that im never without a champ version of the character in question, and they pretty much pay for themselves.

That's a good plan, I think I'll start do this going forward.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Actually they used to pay for themselves but sadly since the slash in Champion Rewards HP there is now a roster slot shortfall of 350HP per slot for a dupe (and they never paid at 2000 per slot)
    Is it time for someone to do the "is farming worth it?" vs just selling them off math again? I'm particularly curious about the 2* farming now that they are no longer required for anything other than DDQ or the occasional Alliance node with the dawn of SCL 10.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is it time for someone to do the "is farming worth it?" vs just selling them off math again? I'm particularly curious about the 2* farming now that they are no longer required for anything other than DDQ or the occasional Alliance node with the dawn of SCL 10.

Well just based upon the difference between the Ragnarok PvP (baby champed Rags after selling off) vs the Quicksilver PvP (Max Champed) I can tell you for practical purposes that it makes a huge difference and I would not sell max champed 3's whilst you are in 4* land. Unless you needed that iso and HP to champ a 5* character I am firmly of the opinion that keeping them is the thing to do. However I haven't done the maths so it might be a different case but I don't fancy your chances of cycling 3* characters at the same rate you could when we had bonus heroes.

2* I have never bothered keeping max champs and simply cycle them as soon as I get another cover to roster a replacement.

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    if you often play PVP - do not sell the max champ.
    Start a farm, sell the dupe when it hits 266. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Geez.

I mean geez.

You do get the rewards from champ levels - Mighty tokens, 4* covers/shards, CP,LTs etc so you're basically trading 350 HP (over the looonng haul) for a bunch of stuff you'd never get for 350 HP otherwise.

But it stinks that the HP is a loss.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I typically have 1 to 3 slots of 3* that i am rebuilding. Then once they are fully covered i wait until i need a slot, sell off the max champ, rechamp the new one and fill the open slot with whatever i needed it for. 
  • Mikbro81
    Mikbro81 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I maxed all of my 3s. Started dupes for every one of them. Recently sold 20 or so of the maxed 3s in order to champ a bunch of 4*s, and PX5. Now I have a ton of roster slots lol.  Im rechamping the 3s as needed for pvp. Worked for me. good luck with whatever you choose to do
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I resisted farming for the longest time due to the OCD/completionist joy of having a full+finished 3* roster.

I now wish I'd started doing it ASAP. The rate of return on selling a max-champed 3* and rebuilding them is glorious. If you're well into 4*/5* land, your 3*s are just placeholders for when required anyway. Turn them into a profit-generating machine and don't look back!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sell em and rebuild
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer to keep the max champ and start a dup.  It's HP costly, but once you get to the point where you have a dup of each one that cost is gone.  I sold a couple early on and I regret it now.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Geez.

I mean geez.

You do get the rewards from champ levels - Mighty tokens, 4* covers/shards, CP,LTs etc so you're basically trading 350 HP (over the looonng haul) for a bunch of stuff you'd never get for 350 HP otherwise.

I can't buy roster slots with any of those things unless I happen to be lucky with, you guessed it, champ rewards!

Not sure where your geez comes from unless you know a reality where the Devs sell roster slots for CP.

So to summarise - before changes, max champing a 3* meant that rostering a duplicate was HP neutral for slots below 300. Not quite sure what is controversial about this? Now it isn't. It costs 350 HP from some other source to roster a dupe.

Sorry if I offended you or something with my simple maths.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I had to guess the geez is that duping is still worth it despite the change.  Otherwise you'll throw away hundreds if not thousands of potential champ rewards over a given stretch of time if you're throwing covers and shards away.
  • DAZ0273
    broll said:
    If I had to guess the geez is that duping is still worth it despite the change.  Otherwise you'll throw away hundreds if not thousands of potential champ rewards over a given stretch of time if you're throwing covers and shards away.
    But I never said it wasn't. At least I don't think I did? Now you have me second guessing myself! PiMacleod said they pretty much paid for themselves and I just said this wasn't true any more. I didn't assign any value to whether you should do it or not. At least not consciously. I have about half the 3s duped. I guess I was grizzling about the loss of Hp but actually...I have no idea how we got here from there, lol!

Hey, is that D,-man over there?!?!?
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:

That is only true if you play CL10 exclusively. Some players don't play CL10 so 2* farming may still worth it for some. :p
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Geez.

I mean geez.

I can't buy roster slots with any of those things unless I happen to be lucky with, you guessed it, champ rewards!

Not sure where your geez comes from unless you know a reality where the Devs sell roster slots for CP.

So to summarise - before changes, max champing a 3* meant that rostering a duplicate was HP neutral for slots below 300. Not quite sure what is controversial about this? Now it isn't. It costs 350 HP from some other source to roster a dupe.

Sorry if I offended you or something with my simple maths.
    Gol-durn interwebs don't always communicate well.

I was trying convey my incredulity that the process of rostering a dupe 3 was a net-HP negative now.

Which JUST PLAIN STINKS.  Why must they take things away?  Why, devs, why?  Or, why do I continue to engage with a product that is based on somehow balancing making me happy and upset and trying to nudge the needle on "upset" juuuussst enough to make me spend money while keeping me happy enough to keep doing it?  Sometimes I really wonder.

I am 100% sympathetic and in your corner on the issue.
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I am a 4* player. I dupe and farm the 3*. I sell off the maxed one once I can champ the new one if I do not use them a lot, which saves both roster slots and iso. Sometimes I wait making the switch until after they have featured in pve or pvp.  Or alternatively I will create a full double for the ones I still use frequently in pvp or pve when boosted, like Scarlet Witch or Doc Strange.