Issue with the new Cache

Options
I love the new Cache that was added with this latest patch, where our newly looted covers are stored without taking up inventory space. However, I've now come across an issue with this. I got a yellow Bag-Man cover as a reward the other day. It's currently in the cache with a timer counting down, so I only have a limited time to decide what to do with it. The issue is my Bag-Man currently has 2/2/3. I haven't yet figured out how I want to distribute his points, but I'm leaning towards 5/5/3. In other words, I don't know yet if I need that fourth yellow, so I don't want to use it under duress (aka looming timer) and regret it later. But I also don't want to let it expire because what if I decide that I *do* want it??

It's not fun having to make these decisions with a timer looming over my head. It also wouldn't be fun having to use up inventory space to store the yellow cover while I decide what to do with it. Especially considering I have no free inventory spaces and only 100 HP, meaning I would have to spend $1.98 in real money to store that cover. I hope I'm explaining it clearly.

Comments

• And this is different from before how, exactly?

Before it ate a cover slot... or it sat in your cache and was untouchable unless you sold something from your cover slots or bought another one. If anything things are better in general.

Note that you cannot put it into a cover slot and then use it to train anymore. You have until the cache timer expires to decide to use it or sell it, and that's it. This is potentially worse than previously, since at least then you could keep it in a cover slot until you had another card come in. Although with the frequency that tokens are given out now that's likely to be measured in hours rather than days or weeks.

All of that said... really? You're wringing your hands over Bag-Man? He's the one character I'd consider ditching if I had to. But note that his yellow power is the only one that doesn't become harder to use as you add levels to it. His purple, while the most useful, is also the most expensive and becomes pretty much unusable at 18 AP.
  • Do NOT recruit the cover. If you do that, you can no longer use it to train your other one like we used to. You'll just have to make a decision before the timer runs out, unfortunately.

Edit: Zaaaaaathruuuuuus!!! icon_lol.gif
  • Zathrus wrote:
    And this is different from before how, exactly?

Before it ate a cover slot... or it sat in your cache and was untouchable unless you sold something from your cover slots or bought another one. If anything things are better in general.

Note that you cannot put it into a cover slot and then use it to train anymore. You have until the cache timer expires to decide to use it or sell it, and that's it. This is potentially worse than previously, since at least then you could keep it in a cover slot until you had another card come in. Although with the frequency that tokens are given out now that's likely to be measured in hours rather than days or weeks.

All of that said... really? You're wringing your hands over Bag-Man? He's the one character I'd consider ditching if I had to. But note that his yellow power is the only one that doesn't become harder to use as you add levels to it. His purple, while the most useful, is also the most expensive and becomes pretty much unusable at 18 AP.
    1) My very point is that "this is different from before how, exactly?" This new feature was added to eliminate the problem of people having to use their cover slots to store extra covers. I'm basically saying that might not quite be working out as intended. Perhaps this is a facet they didn't foresee. Hence why I posted it in Suggestions and Feedback. And as you and Misguided have pointed out, I can't even recruit the cover at all apparently. It's use it or bye bye. That takes the situation from sucks to doubly sucks, I think.

2) Bag-Man is an example. His cover just happens to be the one that I have in the cache in this situation. It could just as easily be Ragnarok or some other "elite" cover. Don't worry, I'm not wringing my hands or shedding tears over Bag-Man. I don't even think I've ever actually used him. But one day he might be useful...right?
  • pumkin wrote:
    Perhaps this is a facet they didn't foresee. Hence why I posted it in Suggestions and Feedback. And as you and Misguided have pointed out, I can't even recruit the cover at all apparently. It's use it or bye bye. That takes the situation from sucks to doubly sucks, I think.

No, I'm quite sure they were aware of how this was going to work out.

And I don't think you understand -- the general situation is still far, far better than it was previously. Previously it was:

1) Have an extra cover slot at all times
    2) New covers automatically filled the slots
    3) Cache only filled if you were out of slots
    4) Could not train ANY covers if you didn't have that slot
    5) If you were "saving" a cover in that extra slot then all the other covers in your cache were completely inaccessible. You could not sell them, you could not train with them, all you could do was watch them count down.

As as example I have a IM40 Yellow that I pulled from a token today. I'm not sure I want to train it yet, but I can have it hang out for a week. The nice thing is it's in my cache, so it's not blocking me from getting other covers. If I manage to pull a Spidey cover in the meantime I don't have to instantly decide if I want to use or sell the IM40 cover, or buy another redundant cover slot, just to be able to use the Spidey cover.

My point is that the new system is exactly the same as the old one, just better. You can claim that you could have those cards sit forever in a cover slot, but that's only true until you run out of slots -- and then you were under a much tighter constraint than you are now.