Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my attempts to try and make the meh level of 4* actually fun here's a challenge for experienced team builders:

What 4* team would Thing be more than meh on? It seems you really need to trick the AI to attack someone else on the team in order to trigger his yellow power. His red and green powers aren't that great. Is there a way to maximize him?
    He’s boosted in the present War of the Realms PVP. And I’ve been running him with......

Beta Ray Bill 1/1/3
    5* CM 5/5/3

I got Thing at 4/4/5. With this team, he’s gonna tank damage 3750+ and put out four shields. Against strike makers and ESPECIALLY ProfX teams, this is golden and puts more fuel to be matched for BRB to generate blue and green AP. I like CM to cause chaos with Event Horizon but Thing’s green power hits harder and actually causes just as much chaos. 

I might change her and Thing’s power numbers around and put Thing at 5/3/5 and CM at 5/3/5 to do more immediate damage with Thing and Carol’s Got Your Six will hit harder and heal better. 

But overall I really like the synergy this team has and how Thing covers for everybody vs ProfX’s match 4 magic.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    Ran 5*Storm and 4* Fist in the early stages of the Cap event - really good fun with him boosted and dishing out 47k punches. Plenty gong on to accelerate black collection as well

That is a good team, the only problem is that it gives the opposition a chance to grab all that charged black and start pummelling. I certainly enjoyed punching quite a lot of 5* Storm teams with all the free AP!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i like okoye with spidey2099, playing around with several as a 3rd.

my floating point in pvp with okoye and spidey drops to about 300 or 400 points, so I just slap together bishop, the highest boosted blue user and a third who completes the rainbow with any kind of nuke.

i need to stop treating the game like an unpaid job. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teamed Captain America up with IM40 and Shuri in his PvP. It was fun because you end up with net positive blue and red ap due to 3ap reduction from Shuri's ability.

Star-Spangled Avenger: costs 8 red ap and you get back 10ap.
    Peacemaker: costs 9 blue ap and you get back 10ap. 

The downside was aching fingers after playing 10 straight matches.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know you were in the Cap event, but I liked running Peggy/Shuri/IM40 before I had 5* MMR. Shuri is a great support character.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    CT1888 said:
    Ran 5*Storm and 4* Fist in the early stages of the Cap event - really good fun with him boosted and dishing out 47k punches. Plenty gong on to accelerate black collection as well
    Boosted 3Falcon + Boosted 4Fist was my go-to team in the land of 4* MMR.
    Lots of shields for Fist to convert to strikes (and then fortify). Falcon Yellow boosting them along, too.
  • HoundofShadow
    That's a good one. I dislike facing Peggy team because she increases all costs of opponents' active power by 4. That's a major disruption. 
    I can hop into the War of the Realms and use this team. I wonder if it will increase their costs by a total of 7?  >:)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That's a good one. I dislike facing Peggy team because she increases all costs of opponents' active power by 4. That's a major disruption. 
    I can hop into the War of the Realms and use this team. I wonder if it will increase their costs by a total of 7?  >:)
    It stacks with Peggy on the AP tax, and it stacks the other way with 4* Lord on the AP discount, down to a minimum of 3AP/power. P4nther is also boosted in War of the REalms, so try SHuri/P4nther/IM40 or SHur/P4nther/Falcon (3* or 4* really).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Also try: Shuri/P4nther/WCap since they are all boosted. This team needs blue/red to get moving, so WCap can help there, then it generally stays going pretty well. I was able to beat a Profe$$or Thorkoye champ team in the low 450s (boosted thor in the low 460s) with them, though everyone but P4nther died along the way...
  • HoundofShadow
    edited February 2020
    That's some good info regarding stacking of ap reduction.

I tried IM40/Shuri/P4nther before and they were good. I'm not sure about Falcon3 because I rarely use him. I still remember his irritating powers: overriding of tiles and cheap protect tile spamming.

For my current MMR, it's difficult to trigger WCap into putting out his CD tiles in Ear of Realms because of his increased damage threshold. I could try this out when Season is on.

Here's another fun team: IM40/Kamala/2* Storm. I used this team back when I was deep in 3* land to defeat R4G/GotG/Medusa, or Cardusa because they were the only handful of teams available once you reached 1700-1800.

This was an infinite turn team but you need to observe the board and choose the tiles to turn into green wisely. 

I used Kamala to increase the number of green tiles and green matches to fuel Lightning Storm. The reasons for choosing 2* Storm over 3*Storm are due to her stun and her ability to gain more aps.

I can stun two or all enemies for 4 turns after using Lightning Storm twice or thrice. This provides you some breathing space after taking damage. Due to spamming of powers, Kamala will also heal up your team nicely.

It might take a couple of tries to get a feel of their synergy. It's not a fast team but it allowed me to climb to 2000 points when win-based progression was not available yet.

• angga_80s
    angga_80s Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    When I hear ‘fun’, (as a rookie who had only been playing for 4 months) I have always thought of:

3* Luke Cage - 3* Rocket & Groot - 3* Star-Lord

It gets even more fun if Grocket is your highest-leveled character, so it would mostly be placed in front (as shield, since its yellow passive is heavenly useful when you run low of health).

Collects as many blue AP as possible in the first five turns to use Grocket's blue power (max this out).

After the Attack Tiles from Grocket's blue set on board, you can start the bloody party!

Plus, focus on collecting yellow tiles to utilize Star-Lord or Luke Cage's power to instantly own the game.

I'm placed #18 in the last Mind Season mostly using this set. 🧐
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Not original - Worthy/Carol/Grocket.  Got my **** handed to me trying to fight them - somehow managed to get Worthy to flood the board with countdowns which Carol then buffed to insane levels.  Decided to champ worthy and give it a try - fun times especially with Carol/Worthy boosted.  I hit 30k+ damage with his blue once those strikes were buffed.

BRB/Knull (Medusa if running a 3rd).  Good synergy, good D.  Was able to hit 900 in two of the last PVP events.  I find that people don't attack this team as much as my others, and if they do, I actually win a good amount of them.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Just spent more than I’d of liked (fav shards bundle plus a couple classic pulls) to get the shards to champ Parker for Oops all Spiders. 

Had a ton of fun switching between both champed 5* Spideys.  Mostly played my new toy unless Gritty. “Webbed tile math” wasn’t  as fun as I’d of hoped and he was definitely better either with a 4* web spammer or against one. A lot of 5* players were rocking IW Spidey in the middle so those free webs were nice. 

Boosted Parker between Thorkoye was a fun no-brainer with her boosting his 5 hit green.

At the end I went cheese and was able to hit 1200 (rare) with no shields (rarer) putting Parker between Worthy/Hawk. Just spammed Parker red/blue for crits, stuns, and big damage. 

Before that point; I went 2099/Okoye/Parker. Again, free webs and Okoye-boosted passive damage on black/blue matches to fuel Peter’s stuff, also fueled by Okoye.  Worth it for me! No idea who to make my next targeted heroes. Have a huge hoard to open in a week!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I dumped 105k iso into my 2/5/3 Hawkeye to get him to 405, and started the simulator with WCap/Rescue/Hawkeye to see how that plays. I may end up re-speccing rescue to 3/5/5 since you want to be using either of the other 2's blue way more than hers most often, but her red multitap generally stays flush for 1-2 uses, and can really make mincemeat out of most teams once they're stunlocked. I'll see how defensively that team can ride in the background for awhile before I get serious about Simulator this season.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was mostly running Storm/Prof in Apoc, and found myself actually running Storm at 3/5/5 for once. Signal Boost is the real damage dealer here, and I was mostly using the Charged tiles from Gathering Storm to get over the threshold to get rid of Famine. Green at 5 meant I could guarantee picking off a last Attack tile or Death Countdown when I needed to. Certainly not a general-purpose build, but there actually is a niche for it.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just took my two newest 5* champs for a spin in Ragnarok PVP. 

First was Iron Man, who I paired with 5* Panther for the Team Iron Man trifecta. It was okay. Nothing to write home about. I won but it was slow and I needed packs every match. Swapped out Panther (and a lot of damage on red) for 5* Thor (to speed him up) and it was okay as well. Ultimately I abandoned Stark.  Even under optimal conditions he’s not a great character and his blue wasn’t nearly as spectacular as I’d hoped much of the time. 

Next up was Parker Spidey who was a flat out monster with Okoye. I didn’t think the pair would do well without a third like Thor or a 4* web maker, but man, that green boosted by Okoye just saw full health teams drop one by one. Beautiful to watch. 

I also enjoyed my old tried and true Gambit/Storm with Ragnarok, only because Rags provided a blue outlet and extra charged tiles on the board. Fun, fun team.

Finally, Professor/Logan was a blast. Rags quick powers allowed Logan to spam strikes, while him putting blue on the board allowed for Prof to get more match 4s. 

I like when I can find synergy around the 3* if possible. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    My latest team combination found me combining my 3 chosen characters with SCL10 PvE and the status of being dead.

Oh wait...this is the "fun" combination discussion, wrong thread...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Middle: 4* Carnage. 5/5/3. Left: Kitty. Right: 4* Thanos. 3/5/5.

Carnage produces attack tiles. Kitty buffs yours and starts removing theirs. Thanos removes theirs and generates green. Pretty soon, SNAP! For significant damage and board shake. 

It has no staying power but it's fun. 
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Everyone puts 5* Hawkeye with Worthy these days... Everyone forgets about Coulson. Hawkeye, Coulson, Jessica Jones makes a ton of AP once you get one blue off. Great color spread (no green, but so much blue and red you won't notice)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2020
    I use Coulson as my third with hawkeye and WCap. Having that purple outlet, and specifically that outlet, is awesome on that team.

i also like 5* Iceman/Hawkeye/WCap. Similar countdown spam right from the first blue match. The only issue is Hawkeye not having room for his nonsense because everything is IceMan’d. But you be stunning like crazy with cap, and his red starts hemmoraging charge tiles, and then his blue starts doing real damage.